“stay at Westin Crown Center”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Medfield, Massachusetts
“stay at Westin Crown Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for many years. The staff and the service are great. The recent renovations also are first rate as are the facilities (work out, dining, etc.). I strongly recommend this hotel to both business and pleasure travelers.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great view of the city skyline.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Jeffrey L- I appreciate you taking your time to share your kind feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what top notch service our team is able to provide you each and every time you stay with us! We are very excited about our new renovations and it is great you like the improvements. It is our goal to create a relaxing and top notch experience for our guests and it means a lot to know you received this experience recently. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

A pleasant and convenient location, between Crown Center shops and Union Station--both connected to the hotel by The Link walkways. Having access to wifi in the lobby was a help and I found I could even get a signal on the mezzanine level where the sound of the waterfall was soothing. A very nice stay

Green Features: I used the Green program, but never got the chance to redeem to coupon. For other travelers this might work out better than it did for me
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marilyn L- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and were able to indulge in all the great shops and dining conveniently connected to our hotel. It is our goal to create a relaxing and memorable stay and I am happy you loved the amenities in the hotel creating a soothing feel. We truly value your buisness and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Westin Crown Center is located a few blocks east of Highway I-35 and about a mile south of downtown KC and I-670. It is very near the Union Depot and the World War I Monument and is also connected to the Crown Center Shopping complex. There is a skyway to the Union Depot so you do not have to walk outside if the weather is bad.

I stayed here for two nights with my wife and we both liked the location and the property. We asked for a room with a good view and they gave us a room on the 15th floor with an awesome view of the Union Depot and downtown Kansas City. The hotel is older but the lobby looked newer and our room looked a little dated (but it was still nice). The hotel is big but had lots of elevators so we never had to wait for one. There was a small, 1 foot balcony that you could step on and get some fresh air and check out the views. The bathroom was big and the tub was oversized with a giant heavenly shower. I did hear a little noise from the railroad tracks behind Union Station (but it did not keep me awake). They advertised a heavenly bed but it seemed like a normal bed (the heavenly bed we had at the Minneapolis Westin was MUCH softer). My only complaint were the long pillows they give you. I did not like these and woke up a couple times trying to adjust them.

The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful and happily answered a couple of questions about the neighborhood and my bill (and they gave me a couple helpful maps too). Checking in was a smooth process as they had plenty of people on duty. The porter helping folks load their bags into cars was extremely friendly and I talked to him a couple of times while waiting for the valet. I forgot his name but he was an ex-Harlem Globetrotter and was recovering from knee surgery (interesting guy). Valet parking was $22 bucks a day and they were very efficient. Some of the guys were extra friendly and even remembered my name. I could have parked the car myself and saved about 10 bucks a day.

Overall this hotel is in a good location, the staff was friendly and I enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
rockyjoe- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you have everything you need for a relaxing stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center with so many fun site and shops and I am happy you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer and unwind to the amenities in your guest room after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel and surrounding areas were very good. I enjoyed my trip to Hallmark Corporate Office.

My only complaint would be the lack of drawers for our clothing. I did not enjoy living out of my luggage.

Room Tip: I don't have anything to share.
Green Features: I don't have anything to share. I did not take the time to review the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mike R- I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a fun experience you had and were able to take advantage of all the great sites and shops in the area. We value your business and your feedback means a lot to our team. We hope to have you back in the future to create another relaxing and memorable stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

All of the staff made sure that the services and accommodations were superb the entire stay! It was my 1st stay and will now be my Kansas City hotel choice for family functions, meetings and special occasions.

• Stayed February 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
SRHendrix- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel right at home from the moment you arrived at check in. It is our goal to create a relaxing a refreshing stay and it truly is great to know your exprience was A+. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was very happy that we decided to stay at the Westin Crown Center. The hotel was great but it was the staff that was amazing. We got in late for our first night, there was a problem with the AC in the room. The hotel sent someone up right away. The room started to cool a little more but the next morning, it was getting warm again. After notifying the front desk, we were moved to another room. Aisha was the most friendly hotel employee that I have ever worked with and I have stayed in may hotels. Other staff were also very helpful. We had a great view and great service. I cannot wait to go back.

Although the pool is outdoors, it is heated and you can enter the pool from the inside and swim under a wall to go outside. You dont have to worry about being cold when you get out of the pool.

Also, this hotel is great for families because there are a lot of activities for young children. Also, if the weather is not so great, there is "Link" which is a system of hallways that connect the buildings so you dont have to go outside if you do not want to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Will B- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what an amazing stay you had with us that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you were as comfortable and accommodated as possible. It is our goal to create a relaxing experience for our guests and it means a lot to hear youreceived ths experience. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center. I am happy you were able to indulge in all the great sites and shops at your convenience. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Elburn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The location of the hotel is top notch. Provides a beautiful view of the down town area. Also, if anyone is traveling by Amtrak train, you can not ask for a more convenient location. The hotel has an elevated walkway that goes above the street level and connects the hotel right to the station. I have been there twice in the past two years and both times have been treated with nothing but the highest respect a hotel can give a customer. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that is looking for a downtown visit to Kansas City.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a great city view, the north side of the hotel provides that.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
JoedyJahns- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and were able to relax and unwind the beautiful view from your guest room! We are very fortunate to be conveniently located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy worked perfectly for you! We truly value your business and knowing our team was able to create a relaxing and refreshing experience for you means a lot. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future!