“Nice stay.”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here when we were in town to officiate a USAV volleyball tournament. It was only about 5-10 via car to the Convention Center (Bartle Hall). There were lots of Hallmark Card stuff around since it was connected to their headquarters. There is also a Mall attached which provides some shopping and other restaurants not affiliated with the hotel. But the area also has other entertainment and eating opportunities and is close to the Power and Light District which is where the Sprint Center is.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I love the multiple small pillows for maximum flexibility. My wife unfortunately prefers the one pillow mode. The TV is a little slow in changing channels which turns in to a little bit of an annoyance because there is no channel guide with show listings available. So you have to click through the channels to see what's on.

We ate at the bar one night and drinks there on a couple of the nights. The food was decent but expensive. There is Pizza delivery although the business we used slips my mind right now. It was very good though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

ppelkowski- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us during the volleyball tournament and were able to indulge in all the great sites and shops in Crown Center. We are very fortunate to be centrally located to many of Kansas City's favorite attractions. It is our goal to create a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guests in the future to create another refreshing and memorable stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for many years. The staff and the service are great. The recent renovations also are first rate as are the facilities (work out, dining, etc.). I strongly recommend this hotel to both business and pleasure travelers.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great view of the city skyline.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Jeffrey L- I appreciate you taking your time to share your kind feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what top notch service our team is able to provide you each and every time you stay with us! We are very excited about our new renovations and it is great you like the improvements. It is our goal to create a relaxing and top notch experience for our guests and it means a lot to know you received this experience recently. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A pleasant and convenient location, between Crown Center shops and Union Station--both connected to the hotel by The Link walkways. Having access to wifi in the lobby was a help and I found I could even get a signal on the mezzanine level where the sound of the waterfall was soothing. A very nice stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Marilyn L- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and were able to indulge in all the great shops and dining conveniently connected to our hotel. It is our goal to create a relaxing and memorable stay and I am happy you loved the amenities in the hotel creating a soothing feel. We truly value your buisness and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Westin Crown Center is located a few blocks east of Highway I-35 and about a mile south of downtown KC and I-670. It is very near the Union Depot and the World War I Monument and is also connected to the Crown Center Shopping complex. There is a skyway to the Union Depot so you do not have to walk outside if the weather is bad.

I stayed here for two nights with my wife and we both liked the location and the property. We asked for a room with a good view and they gave us a room on the 15th floor with an awesome view of the Union Depot and downtown Kansas City. The hotel is older but the lobby looked newer and our room looked a little dated (but it was still nice). The hotel is big but had lots of elevators so we never had to wait for one. There was a small, 1 foot balcony that you could step on and get some fresh air and check out the views. The bathroom was big and the tub was oversized with a giant heavenly shower. I did hear a little noise from the railroad tracks behind Union Station (but it did not keep me awake). They advertised a heavenly bed but it seemed like a normal bed (the heavenly bed we had at the Minneapolis Westin was MUCH softer). My only complaint were the long pillows they give you. I did not like these and woke up a couple times trying to adjust them.

The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful and happily answered a couple of questions about the neighborhood and my bill (and they gave me a couple helpful maps too). Checking in was a smooth process as they had plenty of people on duty. The porter helping folks load their bags into cars was extremely friendly and I talked to him a couple of times while waiting for the valet. I forgot his name but he was an ex-Harlem Globetrotter and was recovering from knee surgery (interesting guy). Valet parking was $22 bucks a day and they were very efficient. Some of the guys were extra friendly and even remembered my name. I could have parked the car myself and saved about 10 bucks a day.

Overall this hotel is in a good location, the staff was friendly and I enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

rockyjoe- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you have everything you need for a relaxing stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center with so many fun site and shops and I am happy you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer and unwind to the amenities in your guest room after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel and surrounding areas were very good. I enjoyed my trip to Hallmark Corporate Office.

My only complaint would be the lack of drawers for our clothing. I did not enjoy living out of my luggage.

Room Tip: I don't have anything to share.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Mike R- I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a fun experience you had and were able to take advantage of all the great sites and shops in the area. We value your business and your feedback means a lot to our team. We hope to have you back in the future to create another relaxing and memorable stay.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

All of the staff made sure that the services and accommodations were superb the entire stay! It was my 1st stay and will now be my Kansas City hotel choice for family functions, meetings and special occasions.

• Stayed: February 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

SRHendrix- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel right at home from the moment you arrived at check in. It is our goal to create a relaxing a refreshing stay and it truly is great to know your exprience was A+. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was very happy that we decided to stay at the Westin Crown Center. The hotel was great but it was the staff that was amazing. We got in late for our first night, there was a problem with the AC in the room. The hotel sent someone up right away. The room started to cool a little more but the next morning, it was getting warm again. After notifying the front desk, we were moved to another room. Aisha was the most friendly hotel employee that I have ever worked with and I have stayed in may hotels. Other staff were also very helpful. We had a great view and great service. I cannot wait to go back.

Although the pool is outdoors, it is heated and you can enter the pool from the inside and swim under a wall to go outside. You dont have to worry about being cold when you get out of the pool.

Also, this hotel is great for families because there are a lot of activities for young children. Also, if the weather is not so great, there is "Link" which is a system of hallways that connect the buildings so you dont have to go outside if you do not want to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Will B- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what an amazing stay you had with us that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you were as comfortable and accommodated as possible. It is our goal to create a relaxing experience for our guests and it means a lot to hear youreceived ths experience. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center. I am happy you were able to indulge in all the great sites and shops at your convenience. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.