“Always a place to stay in Kansas City”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Keene, New Hampshire
“Always a place to stay in Kansas City”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have been traveling here every year for the past 21 years for an annual convention. While we are assigned hotels, our management group always stays extra time to relax and decompress after the conference. Ever since we stayed at the Westin for a few years, we have made this our hotel of choice in Kansas City for those extra days.

Being attached to Westin Crown Center shopping and restaurants make it a place to shop, eat and enjoy a top notch hotel! As I responded to the Westins survey about our stay, I will restate that hotels are built of steel and cement. The Westin has that PLUS a top level staff. EVERYONE makes you feel like family.

The room are clean and freshly renovated. All the amenities are top notch including fitness center with all the machines, indoor/outdoor pool and large relaxation area, roof top tennis courts and WIFI.

If you run out of things to do here, you can visit the home of Hallmark Cards, as well as Union Station and the Sheraton Hotel which are all attached by "The Link", a glass enclosed, climate controlled walkway that joins buildings...

If you have the opportunity to stay in Kansas City, MO, make the Westin your hotel of choice.....

Our convention is moving out of Kansas City, but I can say from the heart that one of the things I will miss the most are the people at the Westin.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown on a high floor... The view of downtown Kansas City at night is amazi...
Green Features: This hotel supports the Green Movement to minimize the impact on ecology.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Bryant A- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had and that our team has consistently made you feel warm and welcome for the past 21 years. It is our goal to create as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible and I am happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We are truly fortunate to be centrally located in the heart of Crown Center and knowing you are able to stay well entertained with all the great attractions is fantastic. We truly value your loyalty to The Westin Crown Center and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Crown Center for the Skills USA convention from June 23rd to 28th AND I loved it. The room was beautiful....couldn't ask for a nicer bed....very very comfortable....slept like a baby. The room was clean and excellent amenities....the hotel staff was more than helpful....the front desk staff always had the right answer and even suggested places to go and visit for fun and excitement...the concierge also suggested things to do and excellent places to eat in the area....so, what more could you ask for in a Hotel....room excellent, staff excellent....and close to everything....A+++++ place to stay....Thanks for a wonderful experience...

Room Tip: Probably the higher the better....
Green Features: Loved being able to keep room clean myself and receiving a voucher to be used in restaurant...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Readytotravel1- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and this is your hotel of choice in Kansas City. We strive to make our guests experience as relaxing and inviting as possible and I am truly so happy to hear you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed after a long day of festivities. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Westin hotel you all were amazing I thank you all for the way u all treated me as a guest service rooms area everything overall was perfect had soo much fun and so relaxed looking forward in coming back Thankyou again.

• Stayed June 2014
mario c- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating making you feel right at home. It is our goal to ensure your experience is as relaxing and refreshing as possible and it means a lot to our team you received this. We truly value your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay at this facility. I was part of a delegation from Florida attending the Skills USA convention June 23rd - 28th. I personally did not pay for my room, but if I had, I would have left after the first day.
Firstly, the front doors were not handicap accessible. I would leave and then be unable to get back in without waiting for someone to open the doors. At least one door should have a button or something!
Second, no free wifi in rooms, and there were only 2 public computers available and one of those was often down. One computer for a whole hotel? Seriously? Maybe in a cheap $50/night place.
Lastly, the place was not well tended. The rooms were clean enough, but areas not in common use were not. Some areas such as the stairwell were downright disgusting. After the fist day I just used the elevators they were that bad. Dead and dying plants in the back of the indoor garden, trash on the floors that stayed there several days....these were not things I expected of a well known establishment such as the Westin. Oh I forgot....the bed was terribly lumpy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Universal C- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and accommodating an experience as possible. The lack of servicing provided by our housekeeping team is unacceptable and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We value your business and it would mean a lot to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future to create a more positive experience.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed the hotel immensely. Shops and other restaurants close by. Social atmosphere in lobby was very enjoyable. I really liked the showers that were placed in the bathrooms. Thanks so much for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Mark S- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and were able to take advantage of all the great sites and shops at your convenience! It is our goal to create a relaxing, inviting experience and it means a lot to our team you received this! We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I pulled up to the parking and was immediately greeted by a friendly, helpful valet staff. I experience at the front desk was wonderful. Very professional well-dressed staff who presented themselves quite well. The lobby is spacious, inviting, and comfortable. My room was marvelous. The bed's, pillows, and linens were first class. I had a wonderful sleep every night. The view from my room was also spectacular, overlooking Kansas City skyline. Every employee I ran across greeted me, most by name, even the maids were very pleasant. My stay was marvelous, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a first-class experience.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bobmarrocco
Bobmarrocco- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am truly delighted to hear what a signature experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel right at home. We strive to create relaxing and memorable experiences for our guests and it means a lot to know our team was able to create this for you. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Salina KS
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you have a family member with Type 1 diabetes be sure to be extra prepared because if you need some quick sugar for an unexpected hypoglycemia - you are screwed! (Of course we are always prepared...99.9% of the time but this one time we were not.) Your options are to call room service or go all the way downstairs to the bar to get some orange juice or Sprite. If its not open you will have to have the front desk access the room service kitchen/supplies and then wait on the elevators to get back to your room. Very time consuming, frustrating and scary in a medical emergency such as this! Rooms are great and beds are awesome! Halls needed vacuumed. Staff is very friendly and professional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
KD626262- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I understand your frustrations regarding the lack of vending machines in our hotel, causing much inconvenience for you. It is our goal to create as relaxing and accommodating an experience as possible. We value your feedback and hope to have you back as our guest in the future to create a more signature stay.