“Older hotel but great view!”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
“Older hotel but great view!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in a corner king size room for our 20th wedding anniversary. We were welcomed w/strawberries and champagne upon arrival, and breakfast in bed the next morning. The shower was amazing. The hotel is a little dated and could use some new curtains and paint but overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Request a corner room for a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
LikeMooreTravel- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary. It means a lot to our team you chose to celebrate such a special day with us and it is great our team went above and beyond to make it memorable. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again for sharing your refreshing comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter moved to Kansas City a few years ago. Since I have always loved staying at any SPG property, I naturally choose this hotel on my first visit here since it is near her condo. I have to say that this Westin has an outstanding staff! From the curbside staff, which, by the way, will warm your heart with the friendly, helpful, and courteous service, to the front desk staff and concierge, willing to offer any advice needed, to the friendly and flexible room staff. I have continued my loyalty to this hotel and staff from day one. In my mind, any hotel can provide nice amenities, soft beds, and clean rooms. It's the staff which will propel your stay to excellence. Great job, as I cannot thank you all enough!

Post script: the HC/AC units in the rooms are wonderful. Quiet and efficient, unlike those which noisily blow air around the room and clunk off.

Pps: Jack Stack restaurant's burnt ends. Mmmm.

Room Tip: I prefer upper rooms. My favorite view is the WWI memorial...the top of the monument has been lit to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Jme1408- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a signature stay you had with us and that our staff consistently goes above and beyond to make you feel warm and welcome. Your loyalty is very important to our team and I am happy you are able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin family in the future. Thank you again for sharing your refreshing comments.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Perhaps I was expecting too much but there isn't anything overwhelmingly special about this place. The pool and steam room are nice. However, the guest bedrooms could use some updating. The popcorn ceilings are a little tacky and the bathroom hardware has seen better days. Two thumbs up for having multiple mirrors in the room though...not alot of hotels seem to remember to have mirrors other than in the bathroom. Would i recommend? Sure just don't expect any bells and whistles.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Denise C- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if we were unable to meet you expectations during your stay. It is our goal to create a signature experience for our guests. Your feedback is very important to our team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed at Westin's before but there is not one like this one so far. I love the costumer service that was provided. I like the way when I call to request a service, the representative states my name when being greeted. I also like the way the representative calls back to ensure that I received the service that was requested.

• Stayed July 2014
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Care4me- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a relaxing stay. It is our goal to ensure your experience is as comfortable and accommodating as possible. We truly value your business and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have been traveling here every year for the past 21 years for an annual convention. While we are assigned hotels, our management group always stays extra time to relax and decompress after the conference. Ever since we stayed at the Westin for a few years, we have made this our hotel of choice in Kansas City for those extra days.

Being attached to Westin Crown Center shopping and restaurants make it a place to shop, eat and enjoy a top notch hotel! As I responded to the Westins survey about our stay, I will restate that hotels are built of steel and cement. The Westin has that PLUS a top level staff. EVERYONE makes you feel like family.

The room are clean and freshly renovated. All the amenities are top notch including fitness center with all the machines, indoor/outdoor pool and large relaxation area, roof top tennis courts and WIFI.

If you run out of things to do here, you can visit the home of Hallmark Cards, as well as Union Station and the Sheraton Hotel which are all attached by "The Link", a glass enclosed, climate controlled walkway that joins buildings...

If you have the opportunity to stay in Kansas City, MO, make the Westin your hotel of choice.....

Our convention is moving out of Kansas City, but I can say from the heart that one of the things I will miss the most are the people at the Westin.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown on a high floor... The view of downtown Kansas City at night is amazi...
Green Features: This hotel supports the Green Movement to minimize the impact on ecology.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Bryant A- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had and that our team has consistently made you feel warm and welcome for the past 21 years. It is our goal to create as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible and I am happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We are truly fortunate to be centrally located in the heart of Crown Center and knowing you are able to stay well entertained with all the great attractions is fantastic. We truly value your loyalty to The Westin Crown Center and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Crown Center for the Skills USA convention from June 23rd to 28th AND I loved it. The room was beautiful....couldn't ask for a nicer bed....very very comfortable....slept like a baby. The room was clean and excellent amenities....the hotel staff was more than helpful....the front desk staff always had the right answer and even suggested places to go and visit for fun and excitement...the concierge also suggested things to do and excellent places to eat in the area....so, what more could you ask for in a Hotel....room excellent, staff excellent....and close to everything....A+++++ place to stay....Thanks for a wonderful experience...

Room Tip: Probably the higher the better....
Green Features: Loved being able to keep room clean myself and receiving a voucher to be used in restaurant...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Readytotravel1- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and this is your hotel of choice in Kansas City. We strive to make our guests experience as relaxing and inviting as possible and I am truly so happy to hear you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed after a long day of festivities. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Westin hotel you all were amazing I thank you all for the way u all treated me as a guest service rooms area everything overall was perfect had soo much fun and so relaxed looking forward in coming back Thankyou again.

• Stayed June 2014
mario c- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating making you feel right at home. It is our goal to ensure your experience is as relaxing and refreshing as possible and it means a lot to our team you received this. We truly value your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future.