“Good for a quick stay”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
nebraska
“Good for a quick stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A reasonable place to stay before or after your flight. If you purchase the Park/Fly package you can leave your car there & take the hotel's complimentary shuttle. Rooms are clean & well furnished. Just average in size. A nice breakfast but ordinary hotel breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
FFIKCI_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel.

I’m glad that your stay met your needs and you were able to take advantage of our quick shuttle service and the convenience of our Park Here Fly There package. With MCI only two miles away, it makes early flights a lot easier!

Thanks for choosing our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Good shuttle service to the airport. Quiet rooms, good breakfast. Only downside is that there are no restaurants close to the hotel. Zona Rosa shopping center is about 4 miles away for good selection of restaurants and shopping. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. One great perk is the ability to leave our car parked here while on vacation. This is not our first time to stay here and we will return for another stay in this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here one night and didn't really spend much time at the hotel, but the time we did spend was fantastic. My only complaint (just an annoyance really) is that the pool is not heated. When I was booking a hotel, I made sure there was an indoor pool, but making sure it was heated did not dawn on me until we took our 2 year old for a dip Saturday evening. It wasn't freezing cold, but we are accustomed to a heated indoor pool, so it was a bit of a shock. Aside from that, the rest of the hotel was beautiful and clean. Our bed was incredibly comfortable. We requested a pack-n-play for our toddler and it was delivered promptly and I was very pleased with how clean it was. Our room was comfortable, the Pantene shampoo smelled wonderful, the tv was just the right size and the breakfast was top notch. I actually told my husband, "I think this is the best hotel breakfast I've ever had." We will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We only stayed here one night, but everything was A-Ok for us! Considering the price range, this was hotel was very nice. Everything seems completely updated and modern. Our room, I believe, was an executive king room and it had a small sitting area between the bed and the bathroom. We did have a closet in our room that had a dresser in it that you could set your suitcase on top of it. It was a bit hard to see the tv from both areas, so you would probably need to rotate it depending on where you were sitting, but the furniture was comfortable, clean and modern. The bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby. The entire hotel was packed to the brim with what seemed like a 6th grade boy's softball tournament, but the best part was that we didn't even realize this until breakfast the next morning. We didn't hear a peep all night except some very minor hallway noise. Breakfast and the pool the next morning were fairly packed... but with what seems like every 6th grader in the tri-state area staying here, that's not really the hotel's fault! And despite being crowded, I didn't have to wait for a seat at breakfast and no wait for the waffle machine.. score! Breakfast was the same foods you expect from a standard continental setup. However, a nice perk I have never seen before was chocolate chips to add to your waffle batter :) :) The pool is okay sized and indoors, but definitely not a lap pool. The fitness center looked to have a few basic machines, but I didn't get the opportunity to use it myself. The night before we checked in quickly with no wait and then headed over to the Boulevard Grill which is super close walking distance away in the Sheraton. The grill was decent (and has a separate review) and while mostly a bar, would be a fine place to take kids for dinner too. It is also close driving distance to Platte City (a FEW dining options) and better yet Zona Rosa which has TONS of family dining options and is an outdoor mall. The hotel itself is only about a 5 minute drive from the airport and about 30 from downtown KC. I'd definitely stay here again if we needed a local hotel and I'd recommend it to family in if they come visit us in KC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FFIKCI_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you were able to discover some of the local attractions near our hotel during your recent stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Kansas City!
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here during a conference at the convention center across the street. It was a family-oriented conference, so we knew there would be multiple families and many children at the hotel. However, the families did a great job keeping their kids quiet and respectful.
PROS: check-in was easy, the room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is complete--scrambled eggs and sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereals, breads/rolls/bagels, waffles, milk, juice, teas, coffee (pretty good), fresh fruit and yogurts. Everything was hot and clean, too.
The rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, tall ceilings, and deep baths. The towels are pretty thick.
CONS: the walls are pretty thin so you can hear your neighbor if they're loud. The pool is pretty small and there is no hot tub (they had to remove it because the improvements required by the ADA act would have been too costly).

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I were on our way back to Canada from wintering in Florida. We decided to stop in Kansas City to see a baseball game. I chose this hotel (1) because of the ratings and (2) because it is on the north side of town and we would get a great start in the morning - missing all the traffic closer to the city.

When we checked in, we noticed there was a lot of people in the breakfast area drinking and kids all over the place. We got the keys to our room and the lady at the front desk told us that our room was away from all the noise. This was true. We were on the top floor in the corner. The room itself is fine. The bed was comfy and we had a good size sitting area. If anyone is particular about their tv and channels, this is not the place for you. TV is on small size and there are not many channels.

Before we went out for supper my husband and I decided to go for a walk. The were kids running up and down the halls, outside and, well, they were everywhere - you had to watch where you walked so that they did not run you over. The parents were sitting in the breakfast area drinking. At least the noise was kept on the main floor. However early the next morning, kids were running up and down the stairs and down the hallways yelling. Not fun in the early morning.

Breakfast in the morning - there were so many people (and kids) in the breakfast area that there was not room for anyone to even enter to try and get food. However, we managed to get in and get what we wanted. We quickly realized there were not tables for us to eat at (even though people were done, they were not leaving) so I asked the breakfast ladies for a tray. They do not have trays, but they were able to find something for me to use (thank you!). My husband and I got all our food and came up to our room to eat.

There is plenty of parking at this hotel. However, there is not a restaurant close by. The closest ones we could find are about 5-10 miles away, depending on what you want to eat.

So, if you want to take a chance and stay here for a cheap rate, give it a try. As I said our room was fine. My only suggestion would not stay here on a weekend when you have all the kids around. It seems a lot of families (and groups) stay here because of the cheap price. The hotel is close to the airport and they have a shuttle.

My husband and I have decided that we will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for room 300. It is on the top floor and in the corner. One of the r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FFIKCI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting your feedback about the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport. We appreciate your comments as we look to our guests to help us continuously improve our services. We did have a large sports team staying at the hotel over the weekend you stayed. During spring, baseball tournaments occur on several weekends in the Kansas City area. The teams are spread out amongst many hotels. I realize when there are sports teams in the hotel; the activity level is much higher which I understand impacted your experience. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your husband. We will review your comments as we determine the best way to serve all of our guests during these high demand times.
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed just one night at the Fairfield Inn. Had a late flight into Kansas City and this place was close to the airport. The reception was fast for check in and very knowledgeable. I needed to pick up a few items and she gave me written directions to a local superstore. The room had everything I needed. Big comfortable bed, nice tv, small fridge and microwave. The room wasn't huge but was clean. The free breakfast was nice with plenty of variety. I grabbed coffee, some toast, a yogurt and was on my way. I'd stay here again when I fly back to the area on business.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 2nd floor.