“Great escape close to home”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hubby and I wanted to get away on short notice. We booked this hotel through Travelocity mystery room for a really low rate. We were surprised that it was an option because we have stayed here previously and were extremely satisfied with our room and the facility. We were pleased that this time was the same kind of experience. The lobby is spacious and clean with seating to relax as well as a large room for the continental breakfast in the morning. There were many options to choose from both hot and cold food and drinks. Our room was a nice size with modern updates. The towels were not threadbare as is usually the case with a lot of lower end hotels. The staff was all very friendly. We will definitely be staying here again in the future. The indoor pool is a nice bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Overnight stay close to airport. Rooms are well decorated and very clean, with white duvets with triple sheeting, nice pillows, and beds are great. Love! Customer service top notch. When I asked for additional comforter and luggage rack, it was delivered and in our room upon arriving back from dinner. Perfect! Nice indoor pool, didn't use it though. Breakfast had hot and cold foods, and decent coffee. The only minor negative which could be easily fixed, the curtains appeared to be hung without pressing. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and recommend it!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Airport on Saturday, July 5th. Our check in, around 8pm, was quick. The room was nice and clean, beds were very comfortable. My son used the pool and had a great time. Breakfast was good and plentiful. They kept it stocked. We bought a couple of items from their "market" and I thought the prices were pretty reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Buffy24
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Pleasant stay, great variety for breakfast, no airport noise, modern décor, comfortable beds, safe neighborhood. Would have liked a hot tub. Used to have one alongside the pool, but looks like it was closed in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I hadn't planned to stay in Kansas City but I was flying on a day when there were thousands of flight delays and I ended up being four hours late and was not going to have daughter drag two little grandchildren out of bed to drive over an hour to pick me up. I didn't want to have to spend a fortune to just sleep and needed somewhere near the airport since I was pretty sure I was going to have to take a cab. We settled on this motel (I told her to check the Marriott airport hotels) and she made the reservation. When it appeared that 2:00 AM was going to be my arrival time I called the hotel to ask about cab companies. Their shuttle wasn't working that late but they arranged my pick-up with a neighboring hotel and I was in the room less than an hour after arrival. I was SO grateful (traveling alone I'm used to; that late at a practically deserted airport I'm not used to) that the man at the desk was so accommodating. He had my key waiting for me. A Fairfield Inn is what it is, but this facility went over and above with me and I am grateful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Nice, well kept property! Beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is friendly. The only reason they don't get a perfect score is because the owners are way too stingy with the Marriott rewards, telling me that my rate is too low....that's no excuse! Its simply up to the hotel management.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here as a part of a group.

Staff was friendly and helpful all week. It is not something I come across often at hotels. The had some excellent suggestions for local restaurants.

Location was conveniant and it was close to the airport and interstate. Major shopping area was a 5 minute drive.

Hotel room was good but I found the beds a little soft. Room had a mini fridge and microwave.

There are areas for improvement. Carpet in the room was dirty and should be cleaned more often. I had to get my room card re-keyed twice in the week and others had the same issue. Housekeeping forgot to clean my room one day and another coworker's room was forgotten on another day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FFIKCI_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am always glad to hear such glowing reviews of our staff!! I also appreciate your comments about our housekeeping. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations in that regard. We value your feedback and will share this with our staff.

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites – Kansas City Airport.