“Horrible Shuttle Van Service”

Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Horrible Shuttle Van Service”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We waited almost thirty minutes for the hotel van to pick us up at the airport when the establishment is only a 7-8 minute drive. The driver was apologetic since he got caught up in traffic dropping another guest off at the outdoor mall while we waited in the sweltering heat. I spoke with the front desk clerk, Lori, about our frustration, and she said that she would speak with the manager to see if she could give us a free breakfast coupon but NEVER followed up nor did anyone else know what I was referring to the next day.

It is an old refurbished hotel with new furniture and appliances. The small one room fitness center is decrepit and out-of-date. The only plus is the balcony.

Room Tip: Definitely the balcony that allows you fresh air.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Please accept my apologies for your wait on our shuttle service. We should have sent a private taxi (at our cost) to pick you up. I will be sharing your comments with the team to further discuss. The hotel did just complete a full renovation (lobby, rooms, Bistro, Health Club etc). Please consider us in the future when your travels bring you to Kansas City and please call me and I will personally see to it that your receive the attention you deserve. Thank you for your business.

Shawn Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
nebraska
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have used this hotel several times for a park & fly stay. This time we were upgraded to a 2 room suite! Nice & clean, friendly check in, just like you would expect from a Marriott. Close to restaurants, airport & Zona Rosa shopping.

1 Thank lindastano
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We recently took a long overseas trip to London with stays at this hotel near the Kansas City Airport. We left our car here safely for over six weeks and were given an excellent deal on parking and 2 stays at the hotel. Our car was perfect when we returned and everyone at the hotel was super friendly. The shuttle driver was outstanding and helped us with a large amount of baggage. The desk reception staff was great and asked about our trip and made us feel at ease after a long day of travel. Sasha worked with us over the phone to set up the deal for parking while we were overseas. The lobby is newly remodeled and has a great Starbucks and nice mini-store. The pool and hot tub are great. The rooms are super clean, nice and fresh. Overall, we love this hotel, the staff, and will certainly visit again. If you have to stay near MCI, stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for your kind words about the Kansas City Airport Courtyard! I will be sharing your comments with the staff at our next meeting. The Associates pride themselves on giving the best service to our guests and your comments support this effort. Thank you!

Appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Best Regards,
Russell, Kansas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

When I stay in this part of Kansas City, I have always stayed at the KCI Marriott. I always pass this hotel at least five times whenever I'm staying at the big Marriott at KCI, so I decided to give this hotel a try, thanks to a weekend rate which was stealing.

I learned my lesson about this place: bring a sweatshirt. The air conditioner is located right next to the desk, and boy, it gets COLD, which is very reassuring given the stifling Kansas City summers. If you remember to bring your sweatshirt, you will be just fine.

The hotel was remodeled in 2010 and 2011, and it looks fabulous. The lobby is high-tech, there is a very nice bar where you can order food, and the rooms feature HDTVs and fashionable linens and bathroom decor. It's very easy to park near an entrance and then find the elevator, and with only three floors, you aren't going to have to wait long to get to your room.

There isn't much in the immediate area in the way of food, although Wendy's will do well if you're craving hamburgers at 1 a.m. Zona Rosa is only a five-minute drive down I-29, and there is a large movie theater on the opposite side of the freeway for the kiddies.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DNSKansas
Thank you for giving us a chance! I am please to read you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next stay if you decide not to eat in our Bistro please allow our 24 hour complimentary shuttle take you down to Zona Rosa (5 minutes away) to enjoy some excellent dining. Thank you for your business and travel safe.

Lenox, Iowa
Reviewed 14 May 2012

A price promotion helped us choose this hotel, and the experience staying there will make us return. The staff was friendly, check-in and check-out was very fast and easy. The remodeled lobby area is modern and inviting, along with the bistro. There's nothing average about the appearance of the lobby area! Our room was comfortable and shower pressure perfect. I wish I had that bed, bedding and pillows at home! We slept great. The breakfast is made to order, and there is a Starbucks in the bistro! The pool was very nice. The whirlpool jets didn't seem to work - very low pressure, but that's really the only thing I was disappointed with, and the hot water still felt good on my tired muscles. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Hi Janice,

Thank you for taking time out to comment on your experience here at the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. I have shared your comments with the staff.

I do apologize for the lack of pressure you experienced in the whirlpool. From your feedback we have replaced all of the jets. We now have strong pressure.

We appreciate your business and when your travels bring you to Kansas City we would love to have you stay with us again.

Portland
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My experience here was superb. It was clean, quiet, with a helpful staff and a nice little place for a quick, informal breakfast. Situated just minutes from the airport it worked perfect for me as I needed a rental car and ability to get to major freeways quickly. All of that recommends this place. The swimming pool is very nice, although the fitness room is slim pickings, with a few dumbells, an eliptical trainer and a treadmill. The downside might be it is located in a sterile, hotel/office park area with virtually no amenities nearby. Plan on eating elsewhere while working and this is a solid value.

Room Tip: I like an upper floor room with an inner courtyard view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Iowa
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have not been in a Courtyard in years...this is definate return place. Clean. Such cool decorating. Quiet. Friendly staff. Great value. I would say it felt like a 4 star hotel priced much, much lower. And the Park and Fly is a great value, as well. Resaurants nearby were nice as well. Easy access off of I-29. One more thing...the gentlemen who drove us to and from the airport could not have been nicer. Kudos for them!

Room Tip: We had south-facing room which was super quiet but I think there would not be a bad room due to nois...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. The Park and Fly is a great benefit we offer. It really takes the stress out of getting to the airport. Thank you for your business and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.