“One of the Nicest Rooms We've Stayed In”

Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We (senior married couple) found this hotel to be all it was claimed to be by other tripadvisor reviewers. In fact it was one of the nicest, most comfortable, most convenient hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. The deep-discount rate we paid did not include free breakfast, which did not matter much to us, as we usually get up too early and hit the road before hotel breakfasts begin serving anyway. If free breakfast mattered to us, then I would lower my rating a notch.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AA H
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable stay. Appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is very clean, which is a requirement because I am very particular about the type of hotel my family & I stay in. The customer service was excellent & the hotel looked updated. I thought the room decor was very nice; although, the walls were def. thin. The only downside about this hotel is it is about 15 min.s away from downtown KC, but other than that, you really get your money's worth here. There is a small refrigerator in the room & you get free in room wi-fi. Our room also had a nice little balcony. There are a few restaurants literally a hop & skip away from the hotel: Ruby Tuesday, Waffle House, Wendy's & Cracker Barrel. I highly recommend this hotel for a nice pleasant stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cdjames1176
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

It is great to hear you had an excellent stay with us here at the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. Thank you for the positve comments. The free WiFi is a big plus and having a refrigerator in the room helps also. Thanks for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline and to be completely honest, i almost threw the reservation away. I stayed at a Courtyard Kansas City airport about ten years ago, and it was awful. I decided one night wouldn't kill me and i kept the reservation. Boy did this Courtyard surprise me! The rooms are great! Fantastic bed, very clean, updated, modern, bright decor. The hotel is also very convenient to restaurants (two or three that you can easily walk to, they are so close) and the airport shuttle is great. Room had a coffeemaker and a small refrigerator. If you need an airport hotel in kansas city, i highly recommend this place. However, be warned that if you need more than one bed, do not book via a third party website, or priceline.We were two adults traveling and did not wish to share a bed. The desk clerk stated that they are not allowed to change third party reservations from king bed to two queen. She stated that a room with two queens is more expensive although they are listed as the same price on marriott's website. I have used priceline for booking, dozens of times and this is the first time that i was unable to request a room with two beds, maybe it's a Courtyard rule. There is a somewhat uncomfortable sofa bed available. Front desk staff also did not answer the phone either of the two times we called (seriously, 70+ rings each time), went to the desk in person and the clerk said the phone had not rang. Save yourself the trip, if you are looking for the bedding for the sofa bed - it's in one of the dresser drawers.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank carrie-a-go
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay. We did fine a kink in the phone cord which would explain the issue of the Front Desk not answering the phone. My apologies. We are very proud of our Bistro and newly remodled rooms. Appreciate you giving us a 2nd try and your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last year to visit family and will be staying again for a few days in December. They have an airport shuttle that is free and will take you to shopping centers (there is a really nice Dillards Dept. Store nearby) or restaurants nearby as well as the airport if you are stuck without a car. There is a small restaurant which is ok for breakfast but there is a good chain restaurant, a Cracker Barrel right across the street as well. The only thing I don't like is that they have Starbucks coffee which I am not a fan of. All in all, its a really great, reasonably priced place to stay while in KC. Very clean with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Great to hear we have met your expectations when staying in Kansas City. If there is anything we can do on your upcoming trip please let us know. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you in December.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here one night while waiting to fly out the next day. The location is very close to the airport and just down the road from an outdoor shopping center with restaurants. The hotel seemed a little old, the floor in my room felt dirty-I wanted to keep my shoes on anytime I walked on it. Also this is one that has balcony doors that open-I was on a higher floor so it was ok-but traveling as a solo female-I would request a higher floor for safety. Also I had to keep the bathroom door closed because the toilet kept making a noise every few minutes that was loud.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

My apologies for the running toilet and the impression that the guest room carpet was dirty. We do have a consistent General Clean/Preventive Maintenance program in place. I was hoping you could call me (816) 891 7500 or email me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com to discuss your experience and share with me your room number. I want to follow up with our team and review the documentation of when we last serviced (GC/PM) the room. Thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Nice hotel for staying at when flying our of KC. Able to leave our car and they shuttled us to and from with no problem, even leaving at 4 in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable and plenty of restaurants close by.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfm59
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. Pleased to hear we took great care of you and got you started on a positive note for your Florida trip. Thank you for using our park and fly.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Everything in my room/bathroom was spotless! The staff also hosted our 60th class reunion patrons staying there to a full buffet breakfast two mornings and Thomas served us.....what a neat person. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. I will definitely stay here again as I do come to K.C. ever so often. I did not have to wait at any time for a shuttle and the drivers were courteous. Thanks for a great stay. Carol Thenell

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I will share your TripAdvisor response with Thomas. We are very lucky to have him! Thomas has been with Marriott for 26 years and does a fantastic job everyday. I will also report out to the addtional departments your kind comments. Thank you for your business and allowing us to take care of you and your fellow classmates.

Best Regards,