“Very close to the airport, but still quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Vancouver, Washington
“Very close to the airport, but still quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location. Close to the airport and to shopping and dining. Clean rooms and friendly staff. A/C worked well and wasn't too noise. Lots of construction around the hotel so a little difficult navigating into the lot, but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The construction in front of the hotel will be completed this fall. Our new driveway did open May 26th which has provided much easier access to the hotel. Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Shawn Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a great place! I was driving south and a storm was rolling in - I stopped at this hotel - I had no reservation. The sky was dark and the wind was howling.....the staff was quick to comfort me and ensure me that they had a room and a safety plan in the event the weather became a threat.
I slept like a baby! Thanks to the staff for making me feel so safe on such a scary weather day!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Hotel is next door to Cracker Barrel Restaurant - easy access to comfort food!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes, the weather in the midwest can be scary. Great to hear the staff put you at ease during such a stressfull time. Thank you for staying with us!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Big renovation recently on this hotel so feels new. Breakfast was included for us. Different breakfast arrangement than others. No buffet, you order from a simple menu (good selection) and it is prepared on the spot. We liked it.

Lot of road construction going on right out front so getting in and out was a little tricky.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and happy to see we were a 5 out of 5 rating. In regards to the construction I am excited to report our new front driveway will be open next Tuesday, May 27th. This will make arrival to the hotel 100% easier. There will still be construction for a few months longer on the I-29 ramps. Thank you again for your business.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am very picky about airport hotels. Usually they can charge more for less as it is about location/convenience. I am usually flying out the next morning and just want a good's night sleep.

This Courtyard is in the true Courtyard floorplan (square shape with a courtyard in the center. This means multiple entry/exit points from the parking as well as from the room. Very easy to come and go. Check-in was quick. Did not use the fitness center/pool, but others were using it.
It was amazingly quiet, but I guess the airport is not as busy as main hubs.
Quick shot to the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pleased to hear we were able to provide you with a great 1 night stay. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Russell, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed at this property numerous times over the past seven months, simply because it is the closest Marriott property to Zona Rosa, where I like to spend my time in Kansas City. Sadly, this property is going downhill and there appears to be nothing which can be done to arrest this slide.

Housekeeping is beyond awful. I have lost count of the number of times that a housekeeper has knocked on my door when I have had the do not disturb sign on my door. It went to the other extreme on this most recent stay--I took the DND sign off my door at 12:15, and nobody came to my room to clean it. It is annoying to say the very least.

I have had to use multiple reservations for the same stay, because they are unwilling to let me continue the weekend rate into the week. Other Marriott properties have had no problem doing this. Unfortunately, the one I loved to stay at the most has banned me.

If snow is forecast, you'd better stock up on food. There are hardly any restaurants near the hotel, and you don't want to waste your time walking in the snow.

I am not happy at all with this property. I may have to abandon Marriott because of it if I want to continue to stay in this area. The other option is Johnson County, and a 30-35 minute drive one way is not particularly appealing, especially on days with bad weather.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that Housekeeping has knocked on your door when you had your DND sign on. I will be speaking with the Housekeeping Supervisor to review the procedures with the Housekeepers on DND signs. Thank you again for your feedback and loyalty to Marriott.

Shawn Jackon
phoenix, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

A year ago I stayed here, and I am glad to say that everything is as I remembered. I don't see how you can get a better bang for your dollar. Clean, quiet, comfortable, and very kind people to be found at this Courtyard. I will return. Special thanks to Judy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Great to read that a year later we are still meeting and exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand. I will pass on your thanks to Ms. Judy.

Shawn
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel last week before an early morning flight. I stay in Marriott properties frequently but had always been turned off by this hotel because of how it looks on the outside. I'm glad I gave it a chance because I was pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is older than most Courtyard properties, the interior has been completely updated. The room was very comfortable and the common areas were very modern. I will definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback about the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. I am pleased to read we exceeded your expectations. I would be interested in speaking with you on how we could have moved your rating of our hotel from a 4 to a 5. We are always looking to improve. If you so desire please contact me at 816 891 7500. Thank you again for your business and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Shawn