“Great staff, dirty hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Kansas City Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great staff, dirty hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I first want to start by saying how nice and accommodating the staff were. I arrived late in the evening, 11pm or so. I had to change rooms 3 times before I found one clean enough to stay the night in. Almost all had terrible stains on the carpets. I found hairs on the clean sheets and dirt on the floor. I would most likely not ever stay here again as it definitely was not up to Marriott standards in my opinion. The did credit me points for the room charge and again were very pleasant and accommodating. The manager even called me back the next day and provided excellent customer service. If only this hotel had a remodel or a good cleaning, it would be great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Again, Our apologies. We have followed up and corrected what you have shared with us. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Shawn Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
SOUTH JORDAN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay here as it was close to my appointment. The staff was friendly and the service was good.
The room was clean and had no problems. I normally don't like ground floor rooms but had no real problems with this room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has courtyard view, not parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott. Great to hear we met your expectations.

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were scheduled to stay here for three nights and checked out after the first night. Our room had a heavy stench of smoke smell, and the general room felt dirty. Windows were so filthy that you could hardly see out of them. Dark dingy hallways. Our room had a metal door between us and another room. We could here every word said and all noise coming from the adjoining room. The bar of soap in the box had obviously been used because it was just half a bar of soap! We would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. My apologies. I would like to speak with you to determine what room you stayed in and to get addtional information. You may call me at 816 891-7500 or emai me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com. I want to address housekeeping and take the room off market that you stayed in. Again, my apologies for this experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

They have a shuttle to and from airport. The hotel is very clean and has a modern chic decor. The bed was comfortable. Pillows were all but cozy. The noise level was minimal. The customer service was very nice and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again. I was only here got a short business trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Shawn
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Despite the construction surrounding the property, and the kind of shabby exterior, the inside of this hotel was gorgeous! It's obviously recently been remodeled and was very impressive. The staff was very friendly and the room very comfortable. My only complaint is that the airport shuttle driver seemed a little too sleepy at 6:00 in the morning and made me nervous. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your concern. I do apologize that our driver gave the impression that he was sleepy. I will be speaking with our drivers about how we represent ourselves when we provide this service. Also, our landscaping company is working on our summer display this week. The contruction does not provide very good curb appeal. Once the construction is complete we will be updating addtional landscaping. Thank you for your feedback and business.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location. Close to the airport and to shopping and dining. Clean rooms and friendly staff. A/C worked well and wasn't too noise. Lots of construction around the hotel so a little difficult navigating into the lot, but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The construction in front of the hotel will be completed this fall. Our new driveway did open May 26th which has provided much easier access to the hotel. Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a great place! I was driving south and a storm was rolling in - I stopped at this hotel - I had no reservation. The sky was dark and the wind was howling.....the staff was quick to comfort me and ensure me that they had a room and a safety plan in the event the weather became a threat.
I slept like a baby! Thanks to the staff for making me feel so safe on such a scary weather day!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Hotel is next door to Cracker Barrel Restaurant - easy access to comfort food!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes, the weather in the midwest can be scary. Great to hear the staff put you at ease during such a stressfull time. Thank you for staying with us!