“Park and Fly package for stay before traveling overseas.”

Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Salisbury, Missouri
“Park and Fly package for stay before traveling overseas.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had previously always stayed at the Marriott Airport Hotel on the airport property, but that was booked so I arranged to stay at the Courtyard...and what a blessing! The staff were so gracious and helpful, the room immaculate with many amenities. I was allowed an early check-in before 30 hours of flying to Vienna/Sarajevo. The food in the lobby restaurant was healthy and delicious and the free computer boarding pass access was right in the lobby and very convenient. I did not use the fitness facility or pool/jacuzzi, but they were more than adequate, clean, and provided lots of towels. The inside courtyard was lovely. My room was so quiet that I was able to get 10 hours (!!) uninterrupted sleep before my flight. Shuttle driver to the airport was more than helpful and the transport was effortless and right on time. Thank you so much for making what is usually very stressful travel so pleasant!

Room Tip: Even though the hotel was pretty full and I was given a room on the main floor by the courtyard it w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your stay here at the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. Great to hear you had a 5 star stay with us. We hope you had a great trip to Vienna/Sarajevo. We will be sharing your comments with the staff.
Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott. Have a safe trip back to the United States.

Shawn Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I first want to start by saying how nice and accommodating the staff were. I arrived late in the evening, 11pm or so. I had to change rooms 3 times before I found one clean enough to stay the night in. Almost all had terrible stains on the carpets. I found hairs on the clean sheets and dirt on the floor. I would most likely not ever stay here again as it definitely was not up to Marriott standards in my opinion. The did credit me points for the room charge and again were very pleasant and accommodating. The manager even called me back the next day and provided excellent customer service. If only this hotel had a remodel or a good cleaning, it would be great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Again, Our apologies. We have followed up and corrected what you have shared with us. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

SOUTH JORDAN
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay here as it was close to my appointment. The staff was friendly and the service was good.
The room was clean and had no problems. I normally don't like ground floor rooms but had no real problems with this room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has courtyard view, not parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott. Great to hear we met your expectations.

Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were scheduled to stay here for three nights and checked out after the first night. Our room had a heavy stench of smoke smell, and the general room felt dirty. Windows were so filthy that you could hardly see out of them. Dark dingy hallways. Our room had a metal door between us and another room. We could here every word said and all noise coming from the adjoining room. The bar of soap in the box had obviously been used because it was just half a bar of soap! We would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. My apologies. I would like to speak with you to determine what room you stayed in and to get addtional information. You may call me at 816 891-7500 or emai me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com. I want to address housekeeping and take the room off market that you stayed in. Again, my apologies for this experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

They have a shuttle to and from airport. The hotel is very clean and has a modern chic decor. The bed was comfortable. Pillows were all but cozy. The noise level was minimal. The customer service was very nice and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again. I was only here got a short business trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Shawn
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Despite the construction surrounding the property, and the kind of shabby exterior, the inside of this hotel was gorgeous! It's obviously recently been remodeled and was very impressive. The staff was very friendly and the room very comfortable. My only complaint is that the airport shuttle driver seemed a little too sleepy at 6:00 in the morning and made me nervous. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your concern. I do apologize that our driver gave the impression that he was sleepy. I will be speaking with our drivers about how we represent ourselves when we provide this service. Also, our landscaping company is working on our summer display this week. The contruction does not provide very good curb appeal. Once the construction is complete we will be updating addtional landscaping. Thank you for your feedback and business.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location. Close to the airport and to shopping and dining. Clean rooms and friendly staff. A/C worked well and wasn't too noise. Lots of construction around the hotel so a little difficult navigating into the lot, but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The construction in front of the hotel will be completed this fall. Our new driveway did open May 26th which has provided much easier access to the hotel. Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott.