We stayed at Quality Suites Airport in Kansas City the night of 9-3-11. On the surface, there seemed nothing wrong and we were at first delighted with the check in and our room. After putting our things down and really looking around, our room had definitely seen better days. It had a funny sweet smelling cleaner that had been used in it. I'm not sure if that was their typical cleaner or if they were using it to mask the smell of cigarette smoke. There were dead ants in our window and on the top of the air conditioner unit. I never did see a live one. So maybe the smell was some sort of fumigant. The window and wall around it had a LOT of water damage. I never saw any mold (yes I looked carefully), but I didn't see any. The wall paper was very yellowed and peeling behind the curtain. The bathroom vanity also had lots of water damage at the base. The plug in by the sink had been ripped from the wall at some point and was just being held in by the wires from the socket and the bathroom vent fan was the same way. There was also lots of water damage around the baseboards in the bathroom. The room seemed clean. I never saw any live bugs, the sheets & blankets were clean, the carpet was clean (except under the a/c unit) and everything else about the room was clean. I guess all of the water damage just made it feel dingie to me. The indoor pool was small, but nice. The spa tub's jets were broken, so you could sit in the hot water, but couldn't actually get a water massage. Breakfast was decent with cereals, toast, bagels, fruit, waffles, scrambled & boiled eggs and sausage links. There was plenty of coffee, hot tea, and juice.
I didn't use it, but the hotel had a service that you could park in their lot and they would shuttle you to and from the airport. That seemed to me that it would be a very nice service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Suites Airport is a 2-room all suite hotel less than 2 miles away from the Kansas City International Airport. We are located just east of the junction at 1-29 and I-435 on NW Ambassador Drive, 20 miles from downtown Kansas City. Close to Worlds of Fun, Oceans of Fun, the Sprint Center, Kansas City Power and Light District and Zona Rosa Shopping Center Area. Royals and Chiefs Stadiums are just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Suites Airport Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kansas City Hawthorn Suites
- Comfort Suites Kansas City
- Kansas City Comfort Suites