“Comfortable, Large Rooms, Convenient to Airport”

Quality Suites Airport Kansas City
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 8 April 2014

As a Choice Privileges Diamond Elite member, I stay at Choice Hotels properties frequently. This Quality Suites delivered excellent value and comfort during my one-night stay.

Unlike some "suites" hotels, my room was an actual 2-room suite. The living area was large and, although functionally furnished, the furnishings did look a bit sparse when compared to the size of the room. This is not a negative comment, however, as the furnishings were in good shape; there was a good work desk, a granite-topped kitchenette area with sink, microwave, and fridge, and a sofa and table. The bedroom had a large, comfortable bed. The room and the bathroom were spotless.

I did not sample the bedroom so cannot comment on the variety or quality.

I arrived at the hotel well past 2:00am and, because of the late arrival, the night person had already run the daily audit, necessitating recreating my reservation so that I could check in. the person was pleasant and helpful but it was clear that she was having some problems getting all of the information right. But she kept her pleasant demeanor and got it done; it just took a while. I sometimes do arrive late, and while most properties seem to find a way to keep this from happening (even if the night audit is run), occasionally I run into this issue. This is not a complaint or a negative; I mention it only to alert other Tripadvisor travelers to make sure to notify the motel in advance if they plan to be real late. Doing that might prevent the issue that I ran into here.

I did confirm with the manager in the morning that I would not be billed for a no-show on the original reservation, since I did, in fact arrive and stay before the 7:00am arrival cut-off. The manager was both pleasant and helpful.

Overall - a good choice near the Kansas City airport. I chose this particular property based on price and was not disappointed.

Various discounts (senior, AAA, association) are available on the brand website, and Choice Hotels do offer some very lucrative promotions throughout the year, where even infrequent travelers can earn free nights. The guest rewards program is one of the main reasons that I stay so frequently at Choice properties.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank step12dude
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Airport Kansas City

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We booked here for three reasons. Comfortable beds, park and fly and free breakfast. Every part of our trip was very timed as we were going to be captive on our plane from early morning to evening. Breakfast was important. We were not told there would not be a hot breakfast as advertised. There were numerous disgruntled guests. No hot water for oatmeal. No fruit or yogurt, only packaged Danish. No waffles or eggs. Reasoning was,"under construction," which we saw none of. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank OZRN
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Had two rooms and both were huge. The guys needed to use the sofa bed. It was very poor - did not sleep well. Staff was good - cleaning staff very helpful. Breakfast was ok but nothing to brag about. Location worked well for us near airport - less than a 5 minute drive to pick up arrivals.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim S
QualitySuites629, General Manager at Quality Suites Airport Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your review and the good comments about our staff we try very hard to meet your expectations. The next time you stay I would like to let you know what we have room that have two queen bed in them.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

2 things we learned while on vacation last week:

1) Not all Quality Inn's are the same.
2) This one (Quality Suites Airport Kansas City) is the best in the business! Hands down!

The rooms are huge, the bed is comfortable, the airport shuttle is excellent, the breakfast is awesome and most importantly the customer service is outstanding! The management and staff are incredibly friendly!

If you are looking for a great hotel at an incredible price with awesome customer service, this is your hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BKVeal
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was good with one exception. Upon check in they want a credit card on file to cover any incidentals. That is all good and well but their computer kept declining my card. A call to our bank said that they had not received a charge from the hotel. So the hotel said it was our card and the bank said it was the hotel. We had to drive 2 miles to an ATM to get cash. While at the convenient store I bought several items...with the credit card.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlSchramm
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have a large family and stayed in one of the Suite Rooms. Very Large room, clean, and good value. The only problem we had was we booked a room that held 6 and had 3 towels and no linens for the hide-a-bed, but with a single call they were all delivered promptly. Pool and Hot Tub were nice!

Room Tip: Real Convenient to KCI!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Galen P
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had a group on parking coupon for this motel. I called to make a reservation. I was told that the motel would not honor the groupon. The clerk on the phone became very condescending with me! She hung up on me. I called back to get the groupon number and the same clerk hung up on me again. I called back a third time and asked for the manager and was promptly hung up on. This is no way to run a business or conduct customer service!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kansas534
QualitySuites629, General Manager at Quality Suites Airport Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

I would like to apologize for the misunderstand you had yesterday with our hotel. The problem is with Groupon, they sold you a Groupon that was not valid and the front desk clerk was trying to inform you of this and give you information on how to get your money back from Groupon. Our hotel is no way involved in this Groupon off that went out this last few weeks, they were sold without our permission. To contact Groupon please call 1-888-959-9916.