SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Worse hotel room I have stayed in during my 59 years! Website advertised room service/restaurant; sign in lobby said rest open 7 days a week. Restaurant was CLOSED. The room was so crowded you could barely walk around the furniture. Linens were dingy white, wrinkled, I was unsure if they'd been changed and debated whether to sleep in the bed or not. The mattress and pillows were worn out, the frame of the bed seemed broken, when you sat on the end of the bed it rocked. COCKROACH on wall! Toilet coming off of floor, rocked when I sat on it! Veneer coming off table. Balcony was hideous, chipped concrete, peeling paint. Dirty coffee cups (film in the bottom) Neither phone worked in our room; we reported this, four hrs. Later no one had come in to check them. We reported them again but they weren’t able to fix them. When the front desk clerk came up to try and fix the phones, we showed her other issues with our room. Kat was very nice, apologetic, and very embarrassed and appalled at the condition of the room. She did offer to move us to another room but we were too tired to move. e The airport shuttle a busted out window covered with some cardboard and looked like a junk heap! We will never stay at this hotel again and will question any other hotel in the choice chain! I'd like to see the reality show Hotel Impossible pay this location a visit! We stayed here when it was a Radisson and it was a wonderful hotel but has gone down the tubes. I will not return and will recommend to anyone NOT to visit this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stay in this property for a month between Thanksgiving and new years, what a dump.
The couldn't figure out how to program the key for more than a few days at a time.
The smoking rooms have not been updated in years, although they state the non-smoking rooms are updated.
One of the two elevators didn't work most of the time I was there, I even got stuck in it once when it was working(kinda).
Two of the three ice machines were broken and had been for a while, they stated then would order parts the next fiscal year.
It snow heavily while I was there and they never plow or even put down salt.
The only bright spot was the girl at the bar, pretty and pleasent and not able to help with the other problems.
Don't waste your time here, better hotels near-by.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

When I checked into my room, found a lamp with the lampshade off and no lightbulb ... two clock radios one unplugged ... dresser unrefinished since tv was replaced by a flat screen model on the wall ... cracked mirror ... broken stopper in the sink ... no shampoo

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The only thing good we can say is that the staff if friendly and wants to help but the facility itself is in terrible shape. The heat and cooling unit makes to much noise we don't dare have it on. The Ice box had been removed completely, and the tv reception was not even watchable. Most difficult of all is that the toilet won't shut off unless you manually fix it. There are good hotels in the area around the airport but this isn't one of them.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here with our boys the first part of March. We have had great luck with Clarion Hotels in the past but not this one. While the staff was friendly the maintenance and upkeep needed work. The hot tub was green and the indoor pool cold. The elevator that we were told to use did not work so we carried our bags up the stairs to the seventh floor. After contacting the front desk we were then told to use the front elevator. The front elevator worked off and on the next day with us still having to use the stairs. There was major water damage to the ceiling in the pool area which included fallen flooring not cleaned up and water still leaking onto the floor. Our room stayed cold all night no matter how high you adjusted the settings. I can not say that I will be recommending this Choice Hotels Group to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family