“Super 8 Kansas City”

Ranked #72 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City
“Super 8 Kansas City”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room was very clean and I appreciated that a lot. All the accommodations like the cable and fridge were convenient and worked well. The only downside was the breakfast - it was not very good and the only thing I thought tasted good was the yogurt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Please be advised during my stay my room was booked to another party, while I was still a guest which intially put me in a very difficult situation. Upon arriving at this hotel on 06/03, I had informed the hotel staff that I would more than likely be extending my stay throughout the entire month of June. The hotel staff failed to notify me that this would not be possible due to 25 rooms being pre-booked for a convention that was in the Kansas City, MO area. On 06/05, I called the front desk to extend my stay and was informed my room had been booked, and I would have to check out on 06/06. Although this situation ended up saving me approximately $400.00 by booking a room for the month with another hotel at a lower rate, I am very disappointed in the customer service I received at this Super8. Up until this point, I have been a loyal customer, and have stayed at Super8 hotels in various states while I travel across the country on business. However, based on my treatment, I will be hesitant in utilizing your hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. It is disheartening to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. We value your business, and we appreciate that you always choose to stay at Super 8 when you travel. We hope you can still give us a chance t change the perception that you now have on our Hotel. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
We look forward to your next visit.
Kansas City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff was friendly and welcoming to my family. My family and I stayed at this motel in order to go to worlds of fun and a royals baseball game. The room was very clean. The beds where awesome and the sheets were clean. All towels were replaced with new clean towels every day. I would stay at this location again. Again they were very sweet to my kids. Awesome thanks again.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay.
It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. It's nice to hear that not only you enjoyed your visit but also your kids. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our baseball team booked a block with this hotel. The hotel was ok. The lobby is small, the rooms were overly deodorized and the floor was damp. They were nicely decorated and the price was low. Our tournament ended up ending early and we didn't need an additional night stay. One parent asked if it was possible to get a refund on the 2nd night and the staff member working the front desk said that as long as we let them know by 11am that morning we could be refunded. All parents let them know on time. The next morning, another staff member took our email addresses so that we could get an emailed receipt of the refund. I have to admit that I was surprised that we were getting a refund but obviously very happy. A week later none of us had received a refund. Several of us called and were assured that we would be getting a refund. I was even asked to re-confirm by email address and phone number in case there were questions. Another week has passed and still no refund. This time I emailed the hotel and received an email stating that there is a minimum 2 night stay and no refund would be given. I spoke with three different staff members, all of whom said we would receive a refund. Either the staff is trained poorly and don't know of the hotel policies, or they are trained to be dishonest and provide incorrect information. All they needed to do was tell us from the beginning that there was a minimum night stay, instead they continued to be deceitful and lead us on to believe that we would be receiving a refund that we would never actually be getting. This is a poor business practice. We will not be booking there again for our team. I would recommend that you be careful of booking if you are not 100% positive that your dates won't change, as you will be charged regardless.

1 Thank Jennifer H

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The rooms are well kept for an older building. On our first night in the handicapped accessible room the air conditioner was not working so well. Immediately we were offered another room. We chose to stay and staff brought a fan to us. We chose a new room the following day. The hotel parked their van in handicapped parking and explained why because I challenged them to how that can happen? I received a call from the front desk apologizing for the incident and it was a lesson learned as they graciously told me. The staff are more than willing to make things right if a problem occurs. You just need to talk with them. The Zona Rosa is practically across the street and a great economical way to visit KCMO. Thanks to the staff including front desk and housekeeping staff! I would have no problems staying here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. That is why if issues do arise we are always willing to do everything we can to quickly solve any issue to your satisfaction. Your comments will be shared with our staff, they will for sure be more motivated once again. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.