“Nice comfortable room”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Our room was comfortable, and quite clean. The breakfast is very good with something for everyone. My only complaint, which is very minor, was the maid missed emptying the trash containers during our first evening. I have stayed here several times with a comparable experience. I highly recommend this location.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2012

From the time the free airport shuttle picks you up, until the time the shuttle returns you for your trip back home, the Drury Inn Kansas City Airport treats you like special guests or family. Where else do you get a clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, a free full and delicious breakfast, and a free happy hour (and a half) with heavy enough snacks to consider dinner, all for a price LOWER than surrounding hotels? Beside that, within walking distance are several restaurants for a change of pace should you feel the need. Staying in the KCI airport area, it just makes no sense to stay anywhere else, and this comes from a couple that favors the Marriott brand!!

Room Tip: Choose a room not in the open atrium area if a little noise disturbs you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wilsont8
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I just recently stayed 4 nights at this motel while attending a business conference. The staff and amenities were the best! The staff always did the right thing for customers without hesitation. Of all our htel stays (both Drury and other hotels) this was by far the best we have ever experienced!

Room Tip: We were happy with our 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very nice hotel and amenities. All staff members I came in contact with were very friendly and upbeat. I would definitely stay here anytime I want to be close to the Kansas City International Airport.

Clean and nice rooms. Free hot breakfast and free hot evening foods with a good variety to choose from. During the evening "Kick-Back" hour you can choose (3) complimentary beverages from a variety of options. Coffee and soda available throughout the day.

There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door, and it is also close to the Zona Rosa shopping center and Worth Harley Davidson.

At this writing (June 2012) they do not offer "Park and Fly" but they are considering adding this as an option.

1  Thank MKM65610
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Lets start with the good. The staff was excellent. All of them: Maids, Kitchen, Maintenance, Front Desk. They were very kind and went the extra mile. The breakfast was the best free breakfast I have ever had. Lots of variety. The kickback was nice and the drinks were a nice touch. The free popcorn, soda, coffee, and juice in the lobby were very nice. The extra plugs on the side table for all your electronics: genius. I have no idea why every hotel does not do that. Free Wi-fi and gated parking also a nice touch. Also liked having a mini-fridge. I also thought the rooms were very quiet.

Now to the bad. The pool was gross. Very cloudy, and a huge layer of scum on the sides of it. We were the first to swim in the morning and there were two band-aids obviously from the day before, still in the pool. In fact, if the first day had not been 107 degrees I do not think I would have ever entered the pool. Our room thermostat was at least 10 degrees off. That took a while to figure out. We thought it was broken, but it seems that to get 70, you have to turn it to sixty??? I was hoping for some drinking water in the food area. That would have been a nice, But none seemed to be offered. The rooms are very dated, and small. I could barely navigate a luggage cart in the room. But all of that I could have lived with. But the worst part was the bed. It was rock hard. I spent half the night trying to find a place on the bed that did not feel like a piece of cardboard over two rocks. I gave up at some point and tried to use the recliner. Which did not seem to recline. It was a long and miserable night. The next day I have never been so sore. I wanted to stay another night, but decided to just go home. So I guess you have to decide what is important to you. If a bad bed does not bother you and swimming is not your thing, then this hotel may be the one for you. I personally was disappointed and could not believe this hotel ranked number six on TripAdvisor. I have to say this was the first time TripAdvisor has steered me wrong:(

Room Tip: As the lady at the front desk put it: Ask for one on the butt end of the hotel:)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JenJen123123
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback! Although in general you do seem to have enjoyed your stay, we are glad that you are willing to point us to things that we can improve upon, including the cleanliness of our pool and the availability of water in the lobby area.

Rest assured, the issues you raised regarding the unsatisfactory condition of the pool were immediately discussed with all involved parties, and all necessary follow up actions have been implemented with urgency and attention.

I would like to note for any future visits, that water is available in the lobby area on the soda machine, and while soda is offered during breakfast and from 3-10 daily, the water is available 24 hours a day. We also offer water bottles in all of our vending machines, as well as for sale in the pantry area located near the front desk.

I am elated to hear that you experienced such great service; we all believe that is where we can truly stand out and shine. I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Well we had a great time in Kanas City plus staying at a very nice hotel made it that much better. Having a full free breakfast in the morning was awesome! The kids loved being able to come back after a long day and get into the poool. The staff was very nice also. The only thing I would change is the beds were small but still not that big of a deal.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

After staying in a hotel (not Drury) with a very bad experience it was nice to be able to relax and have a drink. Kitchen staff wasn't as friendly as one would have thought. Beds were a little hard and the air conditioner was very loud. Other than that is was great. Very clean and front desk staff were great!