“A great value, wonderful stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“A great value, wonderful stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We will book here again. The low price doesn't usually reflect this level of value. They feed you in the evening (not just a snack, but a meal sized snack), and they feed you a wonderful hot breakfast... both above normal. The rooms were very nice, beds and bedding were very comfortable, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. For this rate you normally do not get a suite so well appointed (2 nice FS TV's, microwave, fridge, nice sitting room, desk, plenty of drawers and storage). It was a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoTraveler2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Utah
Reviewed 17 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights when picking our daughter up from college. The staff were very friendly, the hotel is located close to the airport and Zona Rosa Shopping center. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was included and a very nice feature. The indoor/outdoor pool and spa were great. The fitness room includes only treadmills, eliptical and bike-I would have liked some weight equipment but otherwise fine. Beds were a little too soft for my liking.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2010

The Drury defines itself as a "mid-range hotel with limited services", and using that criteria as an evaluation the property does some things very well. The public areas are inviting, well-appointed and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and include ample light from five light fixtures, a large and comfortable chair, a desk and a flat screen TV with an excellent picture and good choices for TV channels. Excellent wi-fi access makes using the laptop easy. The bathroom is of rather curious design, and feels somewhat confining, but probably adequate for a mid-range hotel.

The hotel provides snacks in the evening between 5pm and 7pm as well as beer, wine or mixed drinks. We had a quick snack of baked potato and meat balls, which was sufficient for our needs. Breakfast is exceptionally well done. The breakfast room is attractive and clean. Everything is well supplied, and there are plenty of choices from waffles, to sausage and eggs.

I have only few concerns that prevent me from giving this hotel an excellent rating. The first is that the beds were not comfortable. The pillows were stuffed with some type of impervious synthetic that would not conform to one's head regardless of what one did. I fought with the pillow all night and spent the following day with a pain in my neck. The bed linen is a strange design I have not seen before. The bed appears to be triple-sheeted, but actually the top sheet wraps around a light blanket. Again, not the most comfortable arrangement.

The parking situation is unique. You must enter and exit through gates that are controlled by someone in the hotel. This means you must wait until someone in the hotel notices that you are arriving or leaving. I do not know why this exists. The area did not seem to require this type of security. If you were driving a truck, bus, motor home, or pulling a trailer the entrance and exit would be difficult because it is a very narrow entrance and exit.

My final concern is that the hotel is significantly over-priced for a "mid-range" hotel. We selected it because the location was perfect for us, near the interstate and on the northwest side of Kansas City so we avoided commuters the following morning. I would not, however, select this hotel based only on other features because it did not represent a good value..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Busy-retired
kimachappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with hotel management, who will check on the condition of our pillows and mattresses to make sure our guests can enjoy a good nights sleep. Our parking lot is gated to provide an extra element of safety and security for our guests. To get in and out of the gate, guests can use their room keys and do not have to wait for the hotel to control the gates. At Drury, it is our goal to provide guests with a value package including clean rooms, friendly service, convenient accommodations and all of our extras. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you will consider Drury hotels again when traveling in the future.
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed 4 March 2010

We dropped in at this hotel at 1:00 a.m. We came in a night early but the hotel that we had booked for the next night would not match the the original rate and wanted to charge us $40 more. We decided to take a chance and try somewhere else - I'd have paid a higher rate somewhere else just on principal. The Drury Inn is located across the street from the hotel so we started and ended there. The rate was lower and appeared to be nice. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and our room was spacious enough and clean. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was better than I had hoped for. Several hot items were available and the make-your-own-belgian waffle was great. If I could have cancelled our other reservation I would have remained at this hotel.

The only criticism I have is that some of the furniture was a little worn/cheap looking and our room was a little bit noisy. We must have shared a wall(s) with water pumps/pipes. None of this really bothered me but to someone who may be more sensitive to noise I'd advise requesting a quiet area. And if you're looking for upscale amenities this might not be the place for you.

All in all this hotel was a great value, clean, comfortable and friendly. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fadedbluejeans
Minnesota
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We stayed here one night in late December 2009 for a resting spot on a long driving trip. We picked this Drury based on past good experiences with Drury (Atlanta), and based on the high ratings on TripAdvisor for this property.

We were completely satisfied with this stay! The breakfast was outstanding, and the "Kick Start" dinner was decent as well. It's great to get two free meals a day while traveling as it saves you lots of $$$! The rates here are very reasonable considering you get two free meals and 3 free drinks (actual alcohol mixed drinks, wine, or beer served by a bartender) per adult!

I highly recommend this property. Only downside I can think of is that the beds are full size instead of queens, at least they were in our room.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyVacationsMN
Fort Madison, Iowa
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My best friend and I chose this Drury Inn for a girls only get-away trip. What a wonderful place to stay! We were greeted by the beautiful lobby and a friendly person working behind the main counter, and it just got better when we got to our room. The room was spacious, beautiful, and spotlessly clean. The flat screen TV was AWESOME! We had a view of the Kansas City airport, but even though we could see planes taking off and landing, the noise was never an issue..even at night. The beds were extremely comfortable and we never heard a sound from other guests our entire stay. The free long distance was great so we could call our husbands daily, and the free breakfast was wonderful! There were doughnuts, muffins, gravy and biscuits, french toast, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, as well as juice, coffee, and hot tea. Everything was very tasty!
Everyone working there was very helpful and friendly. When I had a sore throat one evening a gentleman that worked there got me a salt shaker to take back to my room so I could gargle with hot salt water. That was VERY appreciated!
The parking lot was clean and we loved that there was a gated area that required your key-card to entire and leave. We parked there ever night and it gave us a sense of security with the cameras.
We've already made a reservation to return in 2010, and hope to stay here for years to come. Wonderful place to stay..wonderful people working there!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Letha A
SFBayArea
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed here with family to attend a wedding south of Kansas City. Because we had early flights the next day we chose this hotel for it's airport shuttle service. My room was 501, a king suite on the top floor. It was quite large with two rooms, so the kids could play and watch tv in the "living room" while I relaxed in the bedroom area. Bed was comfortable as was the pull out sofa bed. Breakfast was fine, crowded at times but there were enough tables to sit and relax. Menu included eggs, sausage, biskets, gravy and make your own waffles. The kids really liked the pool because it is indoor/outdoor. Also free popcorn and soft drinks available in the afternoon and evenings. Shuttle service was easy to set up and quick since the hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. I do reccomend this hotel."

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family