“Dirty, loud, and unpleasant -- Avoid”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is quite a dump. The halls and lobby were dirty and unpleasant, the "continental breakfast," such as it was, was limited and in an unsanitary area by the lobby. The place was loud -- lots of street noise and loud drunken guests on my first night. But the worst was the complete lack of water pressure and tiny shower. I should have checked out, but I grinned and bore it. If this had been $39 a night or so, maybe it would be okay. (Then again, I've had better showers than this at every Motel 6 I've stayed in.) But at $75 a night? It's like a bad youth hostel, but not as fun. Stay away!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We use all guest comments to help us improve for the future. While hundreds of guests are satisfied each month, a few are not. For any ways in which we failed to meet your expectations, I sincerely apologize to you. Our goal is to get better every day, and that’s a goal we’re meeting.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The worst hotel stay of my life.
I booked for 2 nights and couldn't even stay 1. I had to leave in the middle of the night and find somewhere else because it was completely unbearable.

1) DIRTY. The whole place, lobby, hallways, and the room.
2) Immediately noticed the dirt on the bathroom floors and the shower. I was afraid of contracting a disease standing barefoot in the shower. The shower curtain was filthy, there was NO water pressure.
3) Rust stains behind the sink
4) No remote for my TV. Which was really inconvenient.
5) The worst part--the sheets were STAINED. The pillow and some red stains which would have been blood.
6) The sheets and bed spread had holes which appeared to be from cigarettes.
7) I was in a non-smoking room and it smelled like smoke.
8) The heater made a clicking noise the entire time, I couldn't sleep. I left.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for offering your comments. If there were maintenance or housekeeping issues with your room, we could have resolved those by moving you to another room if given the chance. We sincerely apologize that the issues you noticed were not caught by the housekeeper and reported or corrected before the room was used again. We’re rechecking all rooms this week to make sure everything is up to our high standards. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Checked in with an unfriendly clerk to a musty, tiny, cold room with dirty bathroom floor. Tried to check out and was told our reservation was non refundable because we booked with Expedia. What a sham. I refused to eat their continental breakfast because of the lack of cleanliness. And then there's the shower. No water pressure, soap and shampoo dispensers that didn't work and the floors look like they have never seen a good cleaning. A shower stall only slightly larger than a couple of school lockers. No bathroom vents. The windows didn't seal and in one room; we at least got to move when we complained, the window didn't close at all in the second room. The mattress was covered in plastic. Sheets had fingernail polish on them, the towels were stained. Needs complete renovation. I have never been held hostage like this and won't ever be back.

Room Tip: This place doesn't have good rooms I believe.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCOTTGREEN2132
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. You make very serious allegations in your comments, and we take those seriously. We don’t have a record of a complaint of this magnitude from any guest and wonder if you could be reviewing the wrong hotel. In any case, exceeding guest expectation is our primary goal, and we apologize if you stayed with us and we failed to meet your expectations. Please call me if any issues are unresolved and I’ll do what I can to assist you.

Thanks,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's pretty shabby. Very dark, and musky. The day clerk never smiles, he looks down his nose at the guests. Prisoners get better breakfast, than this hotel. I would steer away, you can find a better place in KC.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area. We appreciate your review and the observations.

We regret for your experience however unlikely it may be but shall surely take them for improvement.

We have checked into each of the aspects which you have mentioned in your review and have taken action seriously on each of them for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

We promise a really nice stay with us.Pl do visit us again and please check for yourselves.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room was adequate but it was VERY DIRTY. The location was perfect and the staff was great. The continental breakfast held a lot to be desired. the neighborhood was crowded as the hotel is in a very busy end of town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for sharing you excellent experience with us, We are excited to see that you enjoyed our location and also we appreciate your kind words regarding our staff.

We sincerely apologize we were unable to provide you with an exceptional stay.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the stuff.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and should you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel had a musty and chemical smell. It was no very clean. The bathroom was moldy. The shower couldnt fit a small sized person.
The continental breakfast was a joke. Stale bagels, watery juice, and no coffee creamer. I took the stairs. Was too afraid of the tiny elevator.They said free wi fi, but tried to charge 2 dollars.Not worth even 30 .00 a night. Paid 57.00

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you had however unlikely may it be.

We have taken adequate steps to check and ensure that the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staffs have been given the required training.

We are also investigating the 2 dollars Wi-Fi charge issue.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

You should know what you're getting when you get a lower-priced hotel - don't expect anything to be updated looking, fancy or over the top front desk service. Knowing that, our room was clean, beds were descent and they had multiple surveillance cameras watching the parking lot (granted it made me nervous about the area when they asked for my license plate#, but I walked all around that area over the weekend and it seemed like a nice/safe area.) Also, they said no guests after 10pm - which that creeped me out too just having that being said to me. It is though a great location right between downtown and the Plaza, everything was close. So if you're on a budget, it can be worth saving the money vs.spending 2 times as much at a hotel downtown or the Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
abvikansascitymo, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay and the review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.