“The Best Experience Always” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
independence ks
“The Best Experience Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have to say that staying at this Hotel is just an outright wonderful experience, my friends and family meet there for several of the (Chiefs) Games and other events each year and we enjoy every moment of our stay, its a great experience from the time we check-in to the time we see the General Manager and staff's smiling face in the morning for breakfast its always a very pleasureable event. In staying there we have become very confrontable getting to know everyone who is involved in making it such a great place, they are so friendly. A great place in the Hotel to meet friends and eat some good food is the Bar that is located by the lobby check-in, there is one very special Lady who will take your order and see that you are taken care of in a very timely manner... both her and the rest of the staff in this fine establishment go out of thier way to see that your dining and Hotel experience is a good one. So with that being said, if your looking for a clean and confrontable place to lay your head at the end of the day this would be it. A Thank you to all involved in making this a Best ever Hotel Experience as always.. (Go Chiefs)

Room Tip: West Side balcony room has a great view of the Arrowhead Stadium
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us each and every Chief's game!!! I appreciate the compliments to the staff and the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the entire team at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marion, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

When you book a hotel and receive a confirmation number and email confirming your room cannot be cancelled, changed or refunded because you're GUARANTEED with your credit card you expect after traveling 7+ hours to arrive with a room. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! And, the manager by the name of Christina chose to argue and that we did not have a confirmed room. We are the owners of a Comfort Inn in Wisconsin and receive a reduced rate at these Choice Hotels - seems that our room was given away to a higher paying customer!!!!!! When we called to speak with Christina she hung up the phone on us refusing to speak to us about this matter. Something needs to be done about this hotel & the poor treatment we received. I would highly advise you NOT to make a reservation at this hotel because you are not GUARANTEED a room even with a credit card guarantee!!! Very dishonest way to run a business.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen R
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the Chiefs Steelers game in November. We arrived early at 2:30 and was hoping for but not expecting an early check in. I entered the hotel at 2:30 and could see the lobby was very full, which I wasn't surprised about because I knew the game was sold out. So I assumed at that point that early check in was unlikely which I was okay with. I walked up to the reception desk and the girl behind the counter greeted me very nicely and I asked if early check in was possible, then another girl beside her grabbed the reservation out of my hand very rudely without saying a word wrote my last on a list and said we'll call your name. This was kind of the theme for a while, as the one girl was very nice and tried to be accommodating to everyone and the other girl was very rude, and we could see other people becoming irritated with the rude one as well. It also struck me that with a game night which was sure to be extremely busy that this hotel would only have 2 people working at the reception desk.

After this my wife and I brought our luggage into the lobby and waited and the lobby continued to get fuller and more and more people were added to the list which was getting quite lengthy. We began to wonder why they weren't calling any names and then we heard them tell someone else that house cleaning was still cleaning the rooms. So we continued to wait, then they called a few names around 3:30 but only a few then stopped. After a bit someone asked them why they were still waiting and they said the rooms were still being cleaned. 4:00 hit, the advertised check in time, and the rooms were still being cleaned, and we waited and waited. People were becoming visibly frustrated as time passed. Then at 5:00 our room finally opened up, keep in mind that we were one of the early ones on the list and other rooms were still being cleaned and people still waited after us, and I have no idea how long they waited. We were informed that the night before there was a college football game and hotel sold out then as well which I can well understand they are busy. But this leads me to ask some further questions. Such as, if you know ahead of time that a busy sporting event is taking place at a location which is across the street from you, and football schedules are posted early, why don't you get extra people working on the staff those nights? Because the number of cleaning and reception people you had, wasn't enough. Check out is 11:00 am, with check in at 4:00 pm, and 5:00 pm rolls around and your still cleaning rooms? I mean on a night which everyone and their brother would know is going to be extremely busy, why would you go about regular operations? We were in the lobby for 2 and half hours total, and a full hour passed what the scheduled check in time was.

On the plus side our room was clean and quiet, but the lobby experience did it in for this hotel. We go to sporting events and concerts often in various cities which have sold out hotels and have paid a lot less and received far better service. In fact, I can't say we've been to a hotel which had a worse game plan for a very busy operation. We paid $185 to stay 1 night which was one of the highest prices we’ve paid and it just wasn't worth it. There's a Drury Inn and Holiday Inn close by, if we ever go back to Arrowhead we're going to try one of those.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DakotaTravelor
spastor71, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I am sorry your check in experience was longer than anticipated. We did in fact have the Kansas/Missouri game on Saturday which started at 2:30pm. Therefore most guests did not leave the room until 11am which is check out time. This gave us a short window to turn around these rooms for a 4pm check out. I completely understand your frustration and I can assure you that we had many staff members working behind the scenes that day to turn around 168 rooms in 5 hours.
We will turn over a room as clean and ready to sell until it has been assured by our housekeeping inspectors that it is ready for a new guest and I do see you were happy with the cleanliness of the room.
I hope you will give us another try for your next game is this was an unusual circumstance to have 2 games back to back at Arrowhead!
O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Had a good experience at the hotel. Booked it to be close to Arrowhead Stadium. Husband said bed was a little hard, but I slept very good. Pool was freezing, and hot tub needs to be painted but it was nice to sit in a hot tub that worked well. Staff was very friendly and the bar/restaurant was very friendly too. Good experience, we would go back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Extremely overpriced for the quality. Police patrolling the lobby and guest hallways is unsettling. The beds were hard and the room outdated. The pool area and sauna were unusable due to screaming kids running around. The parents were no where to be found. We stayed at this hotel to be close to Arrowhead stadium for a KC Chiefs game. The walk to the stadium was very long and required a hike either up or down really steep hills. Just not worth the $150.00.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
spastor71, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest,

I apologize if you had a less than favorable experience. We always have security on during the sporting events for the safety and security of our guests. Being across from the Stadiums there is over 60,000 people in the area before and after the game and it is only prudent that we have our security patrolling the area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

This place is a peace of trash! No lamp shades, one light, old tv with very few channels and the pruce was way to high! Over all i would say its pretty getto! Good location for arrowhead!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
There are always two sides to every story. This guest is upset that he was charged on his debit card for his room. This is the method of payment he presented to us at check in and therefore he was charged on his debit card. I have spoken with him over the phone 3 times as well as his bank and he has no evidence that he paid with any other method of payment. He left the hotel with no complaints and now these have surfaced?? You can make up your mind.
Salina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed here twice this summer on Saturday evenings for Royals ballgames. It is directly across the street from the ballpark. Just walk to the top of the hill and the police stop all the traffic for the hotel guests to walk across the street. There is somewhat of a steep hill to walk down to the parking lot so probably not for those who aren't too agile. Sure saves on getting in and out of the parking lot as well as parking fees. A gas station/convenience store is at the top of the hill. It didn't open as early as the convenience store to the south--also within walking distance. They only had a USA today paper at the hotel so you need to go to one of these for any other paper in the morning. Rooms were nice and clean both times. No issues. Nice desk clerks. Business center with internet or free wi-fi. Hotel sports bar restaurant has a usual breakfast buffet--nothing special. I didn't see a continental breakfast the second time. The first time there appeared to be one in a room at the end of the lobby but I didn't go. I wasn't sure about it. You have to pay to eat the buffet in the restaurant and for coffee too it seemed. We always go to the casino in the morning anyway and eat there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the response and hope to see you again next year. Go ROYALS!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Days Inn Kansas City
Days Inn Kansas City
#83 of 109 in Kansas City
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!