“Excellent stay at Clarion Sports Complex Hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #78 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Our recent stay was wonderful at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming of our dog. We enjoyed a wonderfully comfortable sleep and a well-kept room, that overlooked the Royals stadium.

Breakfast was not included in the price of the hotel and we didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but the location (for travelers or sports fans) was impeccable because it's right off the highway and directly across from the stadiums.

The interior of the hotel didn't look the most modern, but it met our needs quite well for what it was. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when driving through :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We held a conference here - both the meeting space and dining room were very well equipped. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again for our events.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Danniel P
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

It was a pleasure taking care of your convention at my hotel. I will be sure to pass along the congratulations to my entire staff as they worked hard to make your event a success.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The hotel staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and it has a great location. Nothing negative to say about the hotel. The bar/restaurant in the hotel on the other hand, the female bar tender was a rude and had a horrible attitude.

Overall we'd stay again while in town for a Cheifs or Royals game!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tab P

My staff and myself appreciate your loyalty to the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex! Hope to see you back soon for another game.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our rooms were adequate and clean and just fine for our purposes since we didnt' spend that much time in the room. The hotel staff was very accomodating and quick to answer questions and deliver needed items to the room. All in all, a pleasant enough place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about your previous stay. We strive to provide each guest with a great experience when they stay at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex. We hope to see you back soon!!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay. Price was great, employees were very friendly and helpful with advice and directions. Breakfast buffet was excellent. TV's were outdated and towels at pool were not available when we needed them. Shower head was very good. Bathroom toilet and tub/shower could use upgrade. Beds were comfortable, however sheets and blankets were mediocre quality. Heating and AC unit worked fine. Hotel is in a great location and I would recommend staying there for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the stadiums.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dcb95sol
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I am a truck driver and drive an 18 wheeler. When I arrived at the hotel the side gate of the parking lot was closed. I walked into the lobby and explain my situation that I could not get the truck around the building so the girl at the front desk was very friendly and unlock the side gate with out any questions being asked.
My room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Overall the staff at this hotel was friendly and accommodating I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for your kind response. We pride ourselves on being able to provide our guest with exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to see you back soon again.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Without a doubt the WORST hotel you could stay at. After I was sent to a filthy room with beds not made and used prophylactic on the floor, I was then sent to a room with 2 tiny beds when I reserved a King. When I went to the desk to ask for a new room the snotty attendant told me I could have 1 free breakfast (I was there with my fiancé) but that I couldn't get into a new room even though I had the my reservation in hand and it was clearly the wrong room. DO NOT STAY HERE. There us a lovely Holiday Inn and Drury right next door. Pool was disgusting, rooms smell like smoke, carpet was stained and service was obnoxiously poor. Sleep in your car before staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Klew0808
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences here at the hotel. Our goal is to provide each and every guest a clean and comfortable room. It appears that we did not meet your expectation and for that I am truly sorry.

I have spoken with department heads, managers and staff to address the challenges mentioned above to keep similar challenges from occurring again.

Your business is important to us and hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to show you that this was in fact a unique experience at our hotel. If I can be of assistance to you in any future reservations please feel free to contact me personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#6 of 18 in Independence

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!