“Suprising quality for the price.”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Let me start by saying the price of this hotel isn't unreasonable for the area it's in. I got an even better deal on it when i got it as a top secret deal on Travelocity. That being said, here's my pros v cons list.

Pros:
Nice spacious rooms.
Quiet (three fo four nights during my stay were during Royals Home games and even with rowdy people returning from the game it was surprisingly quiet.
Quick access to I-70.
Ample free parking, even when returning late after a Royals game night I still found a decent spot.
In house resturant/bar if you don't feel like leaving for dinner after a long day at work.

Cons:
No continental breakfast. Yes there's a resturant, but breakfast with tip averages 12 bucks.
No fridge/micro (at least in my room). I'm presuming this is to entice you to go to their resturant.
Internet was reasonable speed for my mobile devices but didn't work on my laptop.
Not a lot of places to eat near by (Wendys (2 miles), Subway (2 Miles), Dennys (1 Mile)) ... leads again to utilzing their in house resturant.
Food at the resturant is.....okay....prices aren't outrageous, but the quality for the price doesn't match. I got the special one night and one double mixed drink. With tax and tip it was $23.

Overall I would say I would stay at this hotel again. Going into it I knew I probably wouldn't have a fridge so I brougth a small cooler so that I could keep a couple sodas and waters on ice.

Room Tip: Bring a Cooler, or ask for one of the rooms with a balcony and fridge/micro.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

I appreciate your kind words inregards to your stay at my hotel. We try to offer a quality product at a reasonable price for all of our guests. You are correct we only have fridges/microwaves in our Executive Level rooms which also happend to face Kauffmann and Arrowhead Stadium.
Our entire staff thanks you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on a future stay!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Our recent stay was wonderful at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming of our dog. We enjoyed a wonderfully comfortable sleep and a well-kept room, that overlooked the Royals stadium.

Breakfast was not included in the price of the hotel and we didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but the location (for travelers or sports fans) was impeccable because it's right off the highway and directly across from the stadiums.

The interior of the hotel didn't look the most modern, but it met our needs quite well for what it was. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when driving through :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We held a conference here - both the meeting space and dining room were very well equipped. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again for our events.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Danniel P
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

It was a pleasure taking care of your convention at my hotel. I will be sure to pass along the congratulations to my entire staff as they worked hard to make your event a success.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The hotel staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and it has a great location. Nothing negative to say about the hotel. The bar/restaurant in the hotel on the other hand, the female bar tender was a rude and had a horrible attitude.

Overall we'd stay again while in town for a Cheifs or Royals game!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tab P

My staff and myself appreciate your loyalty to the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex! Hope to see you back soon for another game.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our rooms were adequate and clean and just fine for our purposes since we didnt' spend that much time in the room. The hotel staff was very accomodating and quick to answer questions and deliver needed items to the room. All in all, a pleasant enough place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about your previous stay. We strive to provide each guest with a great experience when they stay at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex. We hope to see you back soon!!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay. Price was great, employees were very friendly and helpful with advice and directions. Breakfast buffet was excellent. TV's were outdated and towels at pool were not available when we needed them. Shower head was very good. Bathroom toilet and tub/shower could use upgrade. Beds were comfortable, however sheets and blankets were mediocre quality. Heating and AC unit worked fine. Hotel is in a great location and I would recommend staying there for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the stadiums.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dcb95sol
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I am a truck driver and drive an 18 wheeler. When I arrived at the hotel the side gate of the parking lot was closed. I walked into the lobby and explain my situation that I could not get the truck around the building so the girl at the front desk was very friendly and unlock the side gate with out any questions being asked.
My room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Overall the staff at this hotel was friendly and accommodating I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for your kind response. We pride ourselves on being able to provide our guest with exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to see you back soon again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!