“Seedy area..probably adult sports fans ONLY!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #75 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Springfield, Missouri
“Seedy area..probably adult sports fans ONLY!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

LOTS OF NOISE INSIDE (Guests) AND OUT (I-70 and hotel lot)!! The hotel is being remodeled. Our first room had a broken heating unit..that we discovered. We told the desk clerk and she seemed annoyed by our request to change rooms. Also, she seemed annoyed that we checked-in during her shift. Housekeeping and Maintenance were excellent and helpful. Hotel is near I-70 and has LOTS of noise! Can't imagine how bad it would be during a sporting event. Area around hotel and nearby seemed seedy. Hotel might be good for sports fan adults only!

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin and lots of noise from I-70..not sure what room, if any, would provide a restfu...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JoeB118
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay at my hotel! We will be completed with our renovation in the next 30 days and I hope you come back and see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Right across the street from both Arrowhead and Kauffman, this is a great place to stay for both. I've been here many times. Nothing great about the facilities, but gets an average rating just for its great location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide us some feedback on your stay. We hope you come back to see a game!
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I visited Kansas City on business and booked this hotel through Priceline and got it for an extremely low rate. There's not much close by to the hotel, so if you need to pick up something, you better be ready to get on I-70 to go find it.

The hotel is in the middle of a huge renovation. They're working on floors 1-3. I stayed in a room on the sixth floor and it didn't look like they had renovated that floor yet. The hotel's restaurant was open from about 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. and I can understand why. This place isn't busy when the Chiefs or the Royals aren't in town. I didn't try the restaurant's breakfast so I can't comment on it.

The beds are comfortable and the heat works well in the winter. My main complaint is that housekeeping did not visit my room on the second day of the stay. But, there were plenty of towels already so it was not a major problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the stadium. Not sure which floors haven't been renovated yet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for you review of the hotel. You are correct we are in the middle of a major renovation. We will be complete sometime in April so please come back and see us again.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We booked the hotel through Priceline and got it for half-off the rate the hotel was charging for the night. Our stay was midweek when there wasn't a lot of other people around, so we felt like we had most of the hotel to ourselves. We stayed on the fourth floor, which was so recently renovated it still smelled faintly of paint in the room. Everything was clean, tastefully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional - the front desk clerk accomodated our room requests happily and someone even helped us get the snow off of our car after a morning blizzard. The breakfast is good but WAY overpriced (around $8 a plate). Since we were travelling with kids, we liked that the pool area had a large 3 foot area. My boyfriend found the gym a little outdated. He liked that there was a weight machine, but it needed fixing. Overall, it was a good hotel on the outskirts of town. We drove to Overland Park for dinner (about 20 minutes) and to Independence to visit the Truman House (25 minutes).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank southernbohemian
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thanks for the great feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. We are proud of our new updated rooms and I am glad we went the extra mile to help you during a very bad storm, it is these small unexpected service "WOWS" that bring our guests back.
Russell, Kansas
Reviewed 10 December 2012

While my experience wasn't as bad as some, it wasn't a good one. The bed had no blanket at all just the sheet covering the mattress. When we requested a blanket they basically acted like we were lying that there wasn't one in the room. They said they would bring one up to the room right away. An hour later the blanket was still not there. We called down to the desk and they said they didn't deliver blankets to the room and to come down and get it. The breakfast was expense and a big let down with no service or staff in there at all. While my trip was great, the hotel wasn't.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kansas231guy
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. I will be sure to discuss these items with the staff members involved. We hope to see you back soon.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was the absolute worst hotel/motel my family and I have "EVER" entered. We checked in and immediately checked out!! The hotel clerk Christina was the only person on duty and placed my family in secluded basement room, with a window that led to outside, the window would not lock and slid open very easily, without any screen or security. My youngest child could have crawled in and out with ease. The room was dirty and musty, and had absolutely no internet reception. I was told to use my laptop at the front desk if needed or try to use the Holiday Inn's next door. Neither of which would work. There also was no television service due to the fact she said they did not have enough remote controls. When asked for a manager she said she was the only person on duty and there was nobody to call. She gave me the General Manager's card while chuckling and said I could call him. The number listed was to her desk, and she said she would forward the call to his voicemail to received the following Monday. Then when asked what she would do in and emergency, her response was "Handle it myself", during that statement, housekeeping called over the radio to inform her that people were throwing things from the balcony and almost hitting people. She then put a sign on the desk and walked out.When she returned, I asked about a refund but since I had booked through an alternate source, she told me to bad, guess I should take it as a hard lesson learned and all I could do was call them. Which I did and they had a non refund policy, however the gentleman called her himself to ask why we could not be moved and she stated she didn't have to. It was her discretion. He then decided due to circumstances to refund my money and put us up at the Holiday Inn next door. I was not the only one complaining at the time either. I usually do not leave negative reviews, however I would absolutely hate for anyone else to go through the situation we had to encounter. If I had not received a refund and other accomodations I would have left anyways, and slept in my car before staying at this establishment, they couldn't pay me to stay there!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amber O
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay at my hotel. I can assure you this is not the normal standards of our hotel. We are in the process of a multi-million dollar renovation and hope to see you back next year!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We attended the Chiefs/Chargers game so found this hotel to be the closest. Our room was clean and had everything we needed to be comfortable for 3 nights. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly, including those in the attached bar/restaurant. They have started the renovation process by closing the top floor. They have a pool but we didn't see it so I can't comment on that but overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: This hotel was the best priced in the area. For those more particular people there are more expensi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at my hotel. It is extremely convenient to go to the game! Our bar is a great place to hang out before and after the game and has an electric atmosphere before the Chief's games. We hope to see you back next season as we will be complete with our renovations and look for us as a Four Points by Sheraton hotel then.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!