Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
st joseph, mo
“Needs Attention”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Kansas City Four Points Shearton at the STADIUM
I think the management of this hotel needs to get their head out of their butt before it is too late. They can't leave
the front desk clerks up there taking rear end eating for something they have no control over. What I am talking about is not having rooms ready because there is not enough clean linen. They have to wash and dry what they have to get rooms ready for next nite. Poor clerk catches heck especially when room ck in is at 3 and at 5:30 house keeping has no rooms ready. Do you need to hire more help? or buy extra linens. Another thing that burnt my but was the ice machine shortage. None on two or three and the one on ground floor was naturally EMPTY. So I had to use the elevator 3 times just for a bucket of ice. And speaking of elevators they need swept too as I could plainly see these had been done in quite a while along with the halls. A little air freshner goes a long way to cover funky smells.
All in al I truly do believe this would be a perfect spot to open a HOTEL, and with some hard work you all could make this place go. Stop Mr or Mrs Manager and look around. Is this what you would what you would want in a hotel you were visiting while on the road
Just speaking for those who don't
A Concerned Traveler
Craig from St joe

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Sad old property! Air conditioner sounded like a jet plane, maid service slow, (yes understaffed) bathroom shower drain very slow, stool had to be manually shut off or it would run and run. I finally quit complaining, it is just poorly run. Front desk people not there but go behind a closed door! I actually started feeling bad for the staff, they have no clue how a good hotel is run.
the location is excellent for baseball

1 Thank B H
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear B H,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel. Issues with our air conditioning system and housekeeping have been addressed in hopes of better improving future guest experiences. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Take care.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the worst hotels in the nation. There is horrific service. The front desk is always empty you have to wait forever to talk to someone. The rooms are gross, floors are muddy. Small rooms and horrible cleaning services. Found blood stains and pet hairs on sheets, foreshadowing no sheet replacements. Not only just in one rooms, three rooms. I am giving you advise. We were here for the national debate tournament, this hotel is a horrific nightmare. Spare yourselves the frustration and tears. It's not even worth it for free.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank lizzie L
Dear lizzie L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience. We will address the issue with the sheets and floors with housekeeping immediately. Please feel free to reach out to our General Manager at jhirst@fourpointskansascitysc.com if you should feel the need. Again, thank you for your review.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

recently sort of renovated, used to be a Clarion Hotel, suppose they should have renovated properly, staffed properly and prepared for guests....good thing it was a Sunday Night as it was not very busy
there wasn't enough food for my wife and I to have the complementary breakfast we were given as the sink in our first room did not drain...
the sink in the second room we were moved to barely worked....
only good thing....great view of the Baseball and Football Stadiums....
LOTS of work to do for this SHERATON before I would return....

4 Thank 801JanB801
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear 801JanB801,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a response. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations, these issues have been addressed with our staff to better improve our services. Again, thank you for your feedback and giving us the chance to improve our hotel.
Moberly, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a last minute stop. We had never heard of this hotel. We were told when we called that they gave a free hot breakfast and had a pool for the kids at a reasonable price so we stayed. The negatives were. 1. NO FREE HOT BREAKFAST, in fact no free breakfast at all! I hate being misled and lied to 2. They have double beds not queen beds. my teens girls didn't have enough room. The hotel needs to offer queen beds not full size. 3. There is no close parking to the hotel entrance. You have to park quite a ways unless you are lucky and get one of the 5 close spots. And we were there during a thunderstorm, not fun.
The great thing of the hotel was if you are sleeping alone in the hotel double bed it is VERY comfy!!!!!!! I won't be back, I paid less for the hotel across the street AND received FREE HOT BREAKFAST the night before, but they were booked when I called to stay again the next night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Loudean M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I certainly appreciate your comments. In the end, getting feedback from our guests is the only way we can improve. I want to apologize for your overall experience at my hotel. We strive everyday to provide service and quality that is second to none and I apologize that we failed in that for you. I will certainly speak to my staff in regards to breakfast. We have packages that include breakfast, but none of the Starwood brand of hotels provides complimentary breakfast.
As for our beds, I agree that it would have been great to have queen beds. Our original renovation plan included queen beds, but due to space limitations our rooms could not accommodate the size of the beds.
It is my sincere hope that if your travels bring you back to Kansas City, that you would consider giving us another try to prove your experience was not the norm.
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I took my mom to KC for the Cirque de Soleil show. We stayed here on points. The room smelled like smoke when we first arrived, but we got used to the smell and didn't notice it as time went on. It was an easy location to find, and it was very easy to get to the Sprint Center (which is where we were going). The woman at the front desk (I wish I could remember her name) was so friendly and helpful. She even recognized us the next morning and asked us how the show was. Overall the service was excellent. They called us after we checked into the room to make sure everything was ok. The beds were also incredibly comfortable. We had a fake balcony which was a little weird, but the view was uglier than ugly, so I wasn't too disappointed we couldn't sit out there. The hotel is literally across the street from the K, so it's a great location if you are going to a game. There was also a pub on the property and people seemed to be having a lot of fun in there after the game.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Loudean M, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. All of the maangers stress the importance of service and I am happy to hear that you are the receipient of that. If your travels ever bring you back to the Kansas City area, we would enjoy having youstay with us again.
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and nice.The room service was bad. the food was cold and hard.it was way to expensive. When ever we went down to the front desk NOBODY was there.We wait for 10 mins. So did other people and nobody came.people were trying to check in and nobody was there to help.The hotel was not worth the money

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Loudean M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I want to apologize for the lack of attentiveness from my staff during your stay. We certainly appreciate your comments, good or bad. If you are willing to call me to provide more information, I would appreciate it. It will help me narrow down to those individuals who were working during your stay. I would like to treat it as a training moment so we do not let anyone have your experience. If your travels bring you back to Kansas City, I hope you would consider choosing us again as your experience is not indicative how we treat our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!