“Great Experience except for the food”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #76 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 25 March 2013

First I would like to compliment a few of your staff. During my stay in your hotel - Heather, Susie and Drew were outstanding in providing excellent service on our 28th Anniversary. My wife and I along with 12 of our friends all stayed in rooms 3/22 and 3/23 2013. Not a single request or question went without Drew, Heather or Susie providing some of the best service I have received at any Holiday Inn.
___________________________________________________________________________

Now for the reason of only three stars - There was actually 4 in our party and due to the expected snow fall on 3/23/13 we decided to stay in and eat at your restaurant. Both myself and one other party ordered the KC Ribeye steak from you menu. My friend ordered a Medium rare and I ordered mine as medium.

What we received was - my friends was a very cooked meduim and my steak was Extremely WELL done.. For a steak at this price I expected better. While I realize that you are not running a 5 star gourmet steak house - what we received was terrible. My friend ate a little over half of his and I had about 5 - 6 bites. It was way to tough of a steak to eat.

My steak was horribly overcooked and when I brought it up to the server, she simply stated that they would give us a peice of Cheesecake for the trouble. If it had not been for this incident - you would have got a 5 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Hello -

I wanted to start by apologizing for your steaks as they were not prepared properly and I will certainly talk to my cooks as to why they were not prepared to your satisfaction. We certainly appreciate your business and hope you would give us another chance. Hope to see you back soon and hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This hotel is very well maintained. The rooms are very spacious with a flat screen tv, a refrig, a micro-wave, and a single cup coffee maker.
This is the first time that I have been to this hotel and I know that it will not be the last. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. The staff from the breakfast crew, to the maintenance crew, and even housekeeping.

I would like to comment on one individual on the staff. Karen in the bar area has got to be one of the nicest people on your staff. She is always pleasant, and very hard working keeping the bar area clean. Kudos to Karen.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hello SPW!

Thank you for the great feedback on our hotel and our staff.....especially Karen! Thanks for your business and we hope to see you back soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been staying here for the past three weeks. Yes that would include the 2 major snow storms that hit the KC area. Everyone from the front desk( Heather, Jessica , Pat, & Abby ) was extremely helpful. The morning breakfast personnel ( Patty, Donna & Carolyn) were awesome everyday. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the outside. Poolside can get noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Hello Rich!

Thanks for the kind words about our staff as I know they work very hard and take alot of pride in their customer service! Thanks again for your business and hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

After over a year of planning we just completed a retirement party for my husband. I do not know if there will be enough room on this page for all of the things I would like to say. I worked very closely with two of the staff members there in the planning of this party. My event doubled in size from the time it began and they kept assuring me that it would all work out and that the important thing was spending time with our family and friends. And it DID! We were all treated like we were the most important people in the world there. The food at our party was some of the best that I have tasted in quite along time. There are not enough words that I can say to show my appreciation for the professionalism to the personalization we were given. The Sales Department, the Food and Beverage Manager, the Banquet Manager, the Front Desk Staff, the bartender and the servers were excellant. Please accept my sincere appreciation to each of you for the quality of service that our guests and my husband and I received. I highly recommend this hotel for both an event and for lodging. You can truly tell that they are dedicated to make you feel welcomed. The staff are very friendly and outgoing.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Good Morning Linda!

Thank you for all of the wonderful words about the hotel and our staff as I know we all enjoyed your group and have nothing but positive things to say! Im glad all of you had such a good time and we hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I first stayed at the Holiday Inn Kansas City NE over 30 years ago. Now that I live within a few minutes, I visit the restaurant and bar frequently. I also refer friends and business guests to the hotel frequenetly. The hotel staff are always friendly, especially the Assitant Manager Mr. Drew and the barteneder, Ms. Cason.

Hello Rick!

Thanks for the great feedback about the hotel and our staff as I know they appreciate it! Thanks for being such a loyal customer all of these years! Have a great day!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn NE off and on for several years and find it to be a consistently good location. The hotel maintains a clean and hospitable environment. Breakfast service is fast and the food is good. In particular, the bar service is great. Karen, the bartender, is amazing. She represents the hotel in an excellent manner, remembering guests even if they haven't stayed at the hotel for several months. This makes for a welcoming experience and i would heartily recommend this hotel location.

Hello TB!

Thank you for all of the kind words as we truely appreciate it! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I have been staying at the Hotel for at least once a week for the past month and have been taken care of! The staff at the front desk is always personable and Carolyn, Patty and Donna are the best! And I can't forget to say "thank you" for the cookies; she even remembers the ones I like!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Hello Maureen!

Thank You for the kind words about our hotel and were happy to hear that you will be coming back! I will be sure to let our staff know of your feedback and we hope to see you soon! Thank you for your business and have a great day!