“OK place to stay.”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was a fine one night's stay. It is an older Holiday Inn, and truthfully, it shows. I think being older made it seem less clean, but actually it was probably cleaned just fine. I slept just fine while there, so what more do you really need?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot but when the former front desk manager took over it just turned me off. I'm do glad Patrica has been hired back to run the front desk position. So friendly something that's was missed in the past. The room was excellent, staff was outstanding. Breakfast was very appealing with many options.
I will be coming back to the Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This property was an excellent value for our stay around New Years. Pool is large and has shallow areas for little ones. Hot tub good size as well. Kids eat free and breakfast & dinner available on property. Room was typical. Staff was courteous. Everything fine - especially for price.
If I had to critique: 1. hot tub closed twice during our stay. I assume for chemical/maintenance work but why can't that be done between 1001p & 859a while pool was closed. 2. Restaurant service great, clean, food decent but menu has limited selections and 1 of 5 dinner entrees sold out. Same at breakfast - apple juice and chocolate milk out! So considering kids are free...again will not complain.
Overall - great for families. Would return in summer. Great location for Worlds of Fun/oceans of Fun.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Faith917
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Made a reservation here on my Holiday Inn iPhone app--my first--during a long road trip. The room rates were significantly less than other HI properties on this side of KC. Arrived very late and left fairly early so my review is rather limited. This is one of the old Holiday Inn "Holidomes" built in the 70s I think. This one has been updated nicely but still has that old boxy 70s style design. Holidomes are built about the pool as their signature feature. All the interior rooms have huge windows facing an open area containing the pool/front desk/restaurant/bar. If you want to ensure absolute quiet, get a room on the exterior wall. If you want to view the pool, which looks great, an interior room. The front desk staff was extremely efficient and most welcoming for 11pm. The room was standard HI fare, nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. I almost missed it on the app but some room rate choices came with free breakfast and others did not (for same price). Look at all the options. The breakfast buffet was a huge step above the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast with bacon and sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, in addition to the standard cold items. There are no restaurants at this Interstate exit but plenty just down the highway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank roughedge
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Picked this hotel on a whim for location and reasonable price. Bad idea, as soon as we walked in my wife wanted to leave. The room smelled very old and musky. No window to open so I turned the AC for a little bit to air it out. Didn't help at all. The heater was extremely loud and ran almost constantly to keep the room warm. The worst part was the king bed, it had a huge sag in the middle and needs to be thrown in the trash. The room was non smoking but cigarette smoke was drifting in through the bathroom vent. The hotel web site makes the place look pretty decent but it's pretty run down. Very surprised they can even keep the holiday inn franchise rights. Would never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear JusticeAK,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have been rewards members for this chain of hotels for many years. We were not greeted nor we we offered our usual accommodations. We had to pay for our breakfast which always is included in the room rate for members. Not a happy stay...would we return to this particular hotel...probably not.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear jackc1212,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and your opinion matters. It was regrettable to see that you did not receive the recognition and level of service as well as benefits expected from the brand we represent. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us with periodic evaluations of the hotel. We have documented your review for necessary improvements and we will continue to strive for an unparalleled guest experience each time you stay.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Krystal and Susie made this trip enjoyable for my family and myself. Krystal knows how to be a great bartender and Susie was an all around great person. The rooms are just so so and can be expected from an older hotel. We found a package of crumpled up chips in our ice bucket. The breakfast is atrocious and if we would of had to pay for it I would of been an unhappy camper. Cold eggs and cold crispy bacon is not my idea of a $11 buffet. If you get stuck down on the lower level by the pool expect a sewer smell. My parents had to change rooms because of the smell. Hope you don't rely on a wake up call because on Saturday morning it was 30 minutes late and on Sunday it didn't come at all. I would stay here again but only because of the hospitality of Krystal and Susie.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Todd H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is unfortunate that the breakfast served during this occasion did not meet your expectations. However, I am happy that you have recognized our staff's service. It is always nice when one takes the time to acknowledge our people.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,