“New Family HQ”

Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“New Family HQ”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

recently stayed here with a family of 5. we were on our way back to STL and decided on a whim to spend the night and see the sights within KCMO. easy access from highway, friendly staff, especially Cory @ the front desk. We thought we were entitled to the free breakfast with our online reservation. Cory explained the difference to my satisfaction. He heard me discussing with my family the change in plans and our plan b to eat @ the waffle house before leaving on Sunday. He immediately provided my family of 4 with complimentary breakfast buffet tickets. That WOW’d me enough to want to write this letter of commendation and to put this hotel on my preferred list for our next visit to KCMO. Thank you. PS, the room was clean and spacious enough for 4 adults and 1 kids in a sleeping bag. the pool, spa were available and fresh towels could be found poolside. when we did the breakfast buffet the waitress was smiling and friendly and the chef came around to greet the diners and to ask if there was anything needed. definitely making this our family HQ in KCMO

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Matt F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your hotel review regarding Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I would like to apologize for the mixup regarding your reservation booked online. Next time you stop in Kansas City, please reach out to us in advance and we will make sure that everything is perfect. Thank you as well for your kind words about Cory, Chef John, and the rest of our staff here at the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast! It is always so nice when a guest recognizes our "Guest First" attitude. We were also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable room as well as the pool, hot tub, and other wonderful amenities we have here at the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast. A warm thank you from all of us and we look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Much appreciated,
Matt Fleener
Assistant Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

A few years ago,on referral, I made a reservation for 2 weekday night's. More recently my stays are 3 to 4 nights and are exclusive to the Holiday Inn Kansas city N.E. Familiar faces who now know me by name,and I have learned many of theirs. Excellent dinner/breakfast choices as well as the casual cocktail bar where hospitality seems second nature. I applaud the management team and their entire staff for the professional, friendly focus on individual needs for the business traveler to the family vacation.
Thanks a bunch,
Robert Myers-Chicago,IL

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here with a group of 28 adults during our visit to Kansas City this past February. The management and staff are great to work with. The rooms were very nice. Linens and towels were fresh. The heater was a little noisy, but once you got used to it, it was just fine. The complimentary breakfasts were terrific! Many items to choose from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Matt F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Terry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments about our Holiday Inn! I have spoken with maintenance about your noisy heater and we are taking steps to resolve that issue. We appreciate your kind words about our housekeeping staff as well as our hot breakfast buffet. It truly means a lot to us when a guest notices our wonderful services and amenities. We hope to see you again very soon and thanks so much for your review.

Matt Fleener
Assistant Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful! Teresa and Cory 10 thumbs up! Along with the rest of the staff. My father is working in K.C. For the winter, and they are doing their very best to make it seem like home for him. Thank you for making the stay enjoyable, and for being so wonderful to my dad!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was a fine one night's stay. It is an older Holiday Inn, and truthfully, it shows. I think being older made it seem less clean, but actually it was probably cleaned just fine. I slept just fine while there, so what more do you really need?

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot but when the former front desk manager took over it just turned me off. I'm do glad Patrica has been hired back to run the front desk position. So friendly something that's was missed in the past. The room was excellent, staff was outstanding. Breakfast was very appealing with many options.
I will be coming back to the Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This property was an excellent value for our stay around New Years. Pool is large and has shallow areas for little ones. Hot tub good size as well. Kids eat free and breakfast & dinner available on property. Room was typical. Staff was courteous. Everything fine - especially for price.
If I had to critique: 1. hot tub closed twice during our stay. I assume for chemical/maintenance work but why can't that be done between 1001p & 859a while pool was closed. 2. Restaurant service great, clean, food decent but menu has limited selections and 1 of 5 dinner entrees sold out. Same at breakfast - apple juice and chocolate milk out! So considering kids are free...again will not complain.
Overall - great for families. Would return in summer. Great location for Worlds of Fun/oceans of Fun.

Stayed January 2014