“Great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Kansas City
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! Great location. Friendly service all around staff was pleasent and great help with our needs! Great shuttle service our shuttle driver Suzy was amazing!!! Suzy keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2014
Matt F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Kandi, I would like to reach out to you to pass along a big "Thank You" from all of us at the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and thrilled that you decided to share it with the TripAdvisor readership. I have passed along your comments to our wonderful staff and we are very proud to have the team that we do. Thank you for letting us show you exactly what the Holiday Inn Promise is and thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Great Bend, Kansas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

All I can say is that this is one of the nicest properties I've stayed at within the NE Kansas city area. Check in was a breeze, room was clean, front desk attendant was very helpful. Their hot tub was awesome (actually "hot"), and extremely clean. If one wanted to be picky (which wasn't a big deal to me, but some folks can be OCD about things), is that the wall to the right of the shower stall in room 104, had some pretty fast "spackling" work done to it at one time. Wasn't the best job, but the point is, the room was clean, plenty of hot water, great working air conditoner, and SAFE. We will continue to stay there in the future when we attend worlds of fun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tchaser
We would like to thank you for your extremely kind words about the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast. I have shared your wonderful comments with our staff and we will be addressing the minor issues you encountered. We love feedback from all of our guests and strive to continue to be the best hotel in the Kansas City area. We hope that you will stay with us on your next trip and thank you once again from the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

These folks are super. From the bar and kitchen to the room staff...excellent..they treat you with class. Will do anything possible to make your stay an absolute treat...highly recommended..i have stayed here on numerous occasions...these folks are top shelf...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank charl2222
David J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear chart2222,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Kansas City NE.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I can't wait to share these with all of the staff at our morning meeting. We appreciate the kind words but we appreciate your continued patronage even more.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pros:
Very close to Worlds of fun (reason for the visit)
Complimentary shuttle within 5 miles
Good swimming pool and hot tub for the kids.

Cons:
Restaurant was poor at best.
Breakfast buffet was lacking.
AC was very loud.

The location was the main reason for choosing this hotel. It is 3 minutes away from Worlds of Fun, and is easily accessible. The pool was great for the kiddos, and they had a wonderful time. The food from the restaurant was less than average, and the buffet was about average. I never expect much from a hotel restaurant, but I do like a good breakfast buffet. With limited choices close to the amusement park, this wasn't all that bad. However, I've stayed at many Holiday Inns, and this one, aside from the pool area, was low on the list.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bartmp827
David J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear bartmp827,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I very much appreciate the feedback that you gave in regards to the restaurant here in the hotel. We do sincerely need to hear from our guests in ways to make our property better and with that being said, I'd like to ask for more information if possible. I am going to list my e-mail address at the end of the response and I'd really like to hear back about what areas in particular you'd like to see changes. I am new here to the hotel and hearing from you would be most helpful as we go forward.

Thank you for your review and I do hope to hear from you about our buffet.

djones@hikcne.com
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My bathroom had a pretty good collection of mold in the shower. Some days they came by and picked up the dirty towels and wouldn't leave any new ones. Common areas due are extremely hot and humid(sure it has something to do with the pool not being closed off in its own room) all the employees have to have fan's blowing on them to keep them comfortable. Very limited selection of food on the menu(out of 4 items the night I ate there) very limited adult beverage selection. Rudest bartender I have ever meet in my life. She is an admitted storm chaser type person and if there is a storm on every channel in the bar area is on that channel because she doesn't want to have to manually change each channel. Also saw her yelling at one of the guys at the bar. Ended up going other places to eat and drink the last 3 nights of my stay due to rude bad service. Also they give you free drink coupons, but you have to only order draft beer or wine to use them, to small of a selection for that. Ended up throwing them away. It is extremely hot and humid in the bar/restaurant area. So hot and humid I paid an extra 10 per night for breakfast in the morning but, last thing I wanted to do was to get hot and sweaty before I went and made my customer visits(thru 8 of those away my 4 and the 2 for the 2 guys with me). Went to the place across the parking lot. At least they have AC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat N
David J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Pat N,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I apologize for the failure we had in ensuring your satisfaction during your stay. I don't want to attempt to gloss over any of the issues that you experienced and can only apologize for your stay. Our goal is your satisfaction and in your case, it doesn't look like we were successful. Please rest assured that the issues you have listed have been given to the separate departments of the hotel and we are working on improving our service and our performance to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your information as it is most helpful going forward.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

my family stay at this hotel was not great food wise, breakfast buffet was terrible, they didnt have stuff to make stuff off the breakfast menu when i choice to get something off there, dinner menu is good from the items my family ate, the beds are very uncomfortable, a/c is noisy, the morning staff are very loud setting up in morning from where our room was on 1st floor, room needed to be cleaned better. the only selling point to me is the front desk, maintenance and house keeping did respond to any concerns of stuff we needed, the hot tub and pool is nice a little dark in the area but decent but i recommend you stay here only if your staying on a deal which i did but thats only way not worth full price .

Room Tip: do not stay on the side of hotel where your facing the dining room stay on opposite side or the othe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 20SW
Matt F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. As one of Kansas City's best hotels, we are constantly looking to improve each guest's stay. We appreciate your comments and we are reviewing this with each department to ensure that the next time you stay with us, we exceed your expectations.
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff was very helpful. Told us about the shuttle service to Worlds of Fun and surrounding night life. The room was right off the pool and was very comfortable.My only complaint was the coffee maker got hot but did not pump through the coffee bag.The hot tub was nice and big. My daughter and I really enjoyed it after driving in the car so long. Breakfast was buffet style and served until 11 AM. Which was great for us.They had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Extra nice for a motel.Plus the server brought me coffee and juice.She took plates and sent coffee back to the room for me.Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Matt F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Mary,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast on TripAdvisor. I have shared your comments with our entire staff and they were thrilled you had such a great experience in your time with us! We are proud to offer all the amenities that Holiday Inn travelers have come to love. I have addressed your concern about your issues with the coffee maker in your room and we are working to resolve those issues. We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time you are in Kansas City and would like to thank you once again for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast.
Matt Fleener