“Okay hotel with one major complaint”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here on a rewards night and chose the location due to it being close to worlds and oceans of fun. We normally stay at HI express but there were none close by.

Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. She recommended a place to eat close by (Stroud's) and we were not disappointed.

After supper we returned to the hotel and got the kids ready for bed. Up until this point we were happy with our stay and the accommodations. They weren't new but for the age of the hotel, everything appeared clean and well kept. That was until we went to pull out the hide-a-bed for the kids. When we opened it up, it still had the unmade bedding on it from the prior guest. At first I thought it was just new bedding that was wrinkled up but upon looking at it closer you could see that it was actually soiled and had little blacks specks of dirt all over it. This seriously made me question how clean the rest of the room actually was... I went to the front desk and told the clerk about the problem. She looked genuinely shocked and had to ask me again to be sure she was hearing me right. She apologized and contacted housekeeping to change out the bedding. 20 minutes later the bedding was changed out and the kids were off to bed.

We went to the bar to have a couple drinks after the kids were asleep to only find the bar was closing when we walked in at 10:00 even though there were about 10 people around the bar. I did see later in our key envelope that the bar closes at 10:00 during the week but thought this was odd during the summer at a hotel close to a vacation attraction, especially with that many guest still at the bar. The bartender was still courteous and was nice enough to allow us to have a drink while she cleaned up even though we were a few minutes after closing.

Overall, the hotel served our purpose but I seriously question how clean the rooms really are if housekeeping can overlook changing out bedding. Will we stay here again....I don't know. I will defiantly look into my other options first.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Matt F, Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I was very disappointed to learn that we were not able to deliver the highest quality service we are so well known for. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issues you encountered. I will bring this to our staff’s attention immediately so that you can visit us again in confidence. We were happy to hear that our bartender was courteous and friendly during your visit. We take great pride in our strong guest service and work to make sure every guest is taken care of.

Once again, thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I picked this location purely for the room rate.
I am a business traveler and I find that the full service holiday inn's are less expensive than the expresses.

This property is in a bad need of a remodel.
The ac is set to 50F and the room never gets below 72.
thankfully it is not noisy.
And the floors in-between rooms are concrete and you will not hear anyone that is heavy footed
above you. Big plus for me.
However if you have a room that is facing the indoor pool do not expect to get any peace until after 10:30pm and expect to be wakened at the opening of the pool in the AM.
Bring earplugs or head sets if you want any kind of peace.

The grounds sunday night were very unkept, lots of trash and the smokers area just out side the front entrance was disgraceful.
The room was clean and the bathroom tile at the toilet needs to be replaced.
other wise ok.
If you are with family then this is the place to be.
If you are a business traveler wanting a restful stay. do not come here during the summer.

Room Tip: get a room that is not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear KG4MXV,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! Great location. Friendly service all around staff was pleasent and great help with our needs! Great shuttle service our shuttle driver Suzy was amazing!!! Suzy keep up the great work!

• Stayed: August 2014
Matt F, Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Kandi, I would like to reach out to you to pass along a big "Thank You" from all of us at the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and thrilled that you decided to share it with the TripAdvisor readership. I have passed along your comments to our wonderful staff and we are very proud to have the team that we do. Thank you for letting us show you exactly what the Holiday Inn Promise is and thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

All I can say is that this is one of the nicest properties I've stayed at within the NE Kansas city area. Check in was a breeze, room was clean, front desk attendant was very helpful. Their hot tub was awesome (actually "hot"), and extremely clean. If one wanted to be picky (which wasn't a big deal to me, but some folks can be OCD about things), is that the wall to the right of the shower stall in room 104, had some pretty fast "spackling" work done to it at one time. Wasn't the best job, but the point is, the room was clean, plenty of hot water, great working air conditoner, and SAFE. We will continue to stay there in the future when we attend worlds of fun.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tchaser

We would like to thank you for your extremely kind words about the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast. I have shared your wonderful comments with our staff and we will be addressing the minor issues you encountered. We love feedback from all of our guests and strive to continue to be the best hotel in the Kansas City area. We hope that you will stay with us on your next trip and thank you once again from the Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

These folks are super. From the bar and kitchen to the room staff...excellent..they treat you with class. Will do anything possible to make your stay an absolute treat...highly recommended..i have stayed here on numerous occasions...these folks are top shelf...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank charl2222
David J, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear chart2222,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Kansas City NE.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I can't wait to share these with all of the staff at our morning meeting. We appreciate the kind words but we appreciate your continued patronage even more.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pros:
Very close to Worlds of fun (reason for the visit)
Complimentary shuttle within 5 miles
Good swimming pool and hot tub for the kids.

Cons:
Restaurant was poor at best.
Breakfast buffet was lacking.
AC was very loud.

The location was the main reason for choosing this hotel. It is 3 minutes away from Worlds of Fun, and is easily accessible. The pool was great for the kiddos, and they had a wonderful time. The food from the restaurant was less than average, and the buffet was about average. I never expect much from a hotel restaurant, but I do like a good breakfast buffet. With limited choices close to the amusement park, this wasn't all that bad. However, I've stayed at many Holiday Inns, and this one, aside from the pool area, was low on the list.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bartmp827
David J, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear bartmp827,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I very much appreciate the feedback that you gave in regards to the restaurant here in the hotel. We do sincerely need to hear from our guests in ways to make our property better and with that being said, I'd like to ask for more information if possible. I am going to list my e-mail address at the end of the response and I'd really like to hear back about what areas in particular you'd like to see changes. I am new here to the hotel and hearing from you would be most helpful as we go forward.

Thank you for your review and I do hope to hear from you about our buffet.

djones@hikcne.com

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My bathroom had a pretty good collection of mold in the shower. Some days they came by and picked up the dirty towels and wouldn't leave any new ones. Common areas due are extremely hot and humid(sure it has something to do with the pool not being closed off in its own room) all the employees have to have fan's blowing on them to keep them comfortable. Very limited selection of food on the menu(out of 4 items the night I ate there) very limited adult beverage selection. Rudest bartender I have ever meet in my life. She is an admitted storm chaser type person and if there is a storm on every channel in the bar area is on that channel because she doesn't want to have to manually change each channel. Also saw her yelling at one of the guys at the bar. Ended up going other places to eat and drink the last 3 nights of my stay due to rude bad service. Also they give you free drink coupons, but you have to only order draft beer or wine to use them, to small of a selection for that. Ended up throwing them away. It is extremely hot and humid in the bar/restaurant area. So hot and humid I paid an extra 10 per night for breakfast in the morning but, last thing I wanted to do was to get hot and sweaty before I went and made my customer visits(thru 8 of those away my 4 and the 2 for the 2 guys with me). Went to the place across the parking lot. At least they have AC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat N
David J, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Pat N,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I apologize for the failure we had in ensuring your satisfaction during your stay. I don't want to attempt to gloss over any of the issues that you experienced and can only apologize for your stay. Our goal is your satisfaction and in your case, it doesn't look like we were successful. Please rest assured that the issues you have listed have been given to the separate departments of the hotel and we are working on improving our service and our performance to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your information as it is most helpful going forward.