“Great Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I've stayed here about four times in the last five months. The Best Western Plus KCI is consistently super clean with great staff. I'm writing this second review because of some new things I have discovered. Recently, the hotel put in new fitness equipment that is terrific and a nice upgrade. The BWP does not have a restaurant but does provide a complimentary breakfast which I'll review shortly. For a great evening meal I strongly suggest the Brisket Burger served at the next door Hilton. It's one of the best hamburgers I've ever had. Along with the Burger you get a choice of a side order. As to the BWP breakfast, it is adequate and similar to that of many other hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast. I must say, however, that the orange juice provided tastes like grapefruit juice and that's not a good thing.

Room Tip: All rooms face a portion of the parking lot. For comfort, ask for a room with a sleeper sofa. So com...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DavidPortland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nevada, MO
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This hotel was clean and well-run. We were there only one night, but it is a good hotel to stay in when you're on your way to the airport. I left something in the room, and the front desk had it for me when I came back. That's worth a lot!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We spent Christmas weekend at the hotel while visiting our daughter. The staff was helpful and polite. The room was clean and quiet. And the rates were very reasonable. One of the nights, my husband got low blood sugar at 3 am. A staff member immediately opened up the kitchen for me so I could get him some food. We plan to stay there again on our next visit to KC.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I enjoyed every minute of my 3 days there. Very friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeepers. I left a gratuity for the housekeeper, and the housekeeper left a note thanking me for the tip. Sometimes it is the little things! Big comfortable bed with quality linens, great bathroom with stone counter and tub surround, and clean carpet in the room. It felt like a premium room without a premium price. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the third floor (top) and it was nice and quite
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This is hotel was ranked #4 overall for KC so we gave it a try - well, it was just average. I kept waiting to discover something unique or special about the Best Western that has endeared itself to past guests. I never did find it. Its possible the suites win over the guests but as I needed a room with two beds this was not an option for us. Oh well, Trip Advisor can be hit or miss sometimes.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Great location close to airport. Loved the park/fly rate. Took us right to our car on our return. Got breakfast even though we left a little earlier than they normally start serving. They recently converted the property to a Best Western. Can see they put a lot of money into the property.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Cathy R
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is a very clean property and a great value. We were given a huge suite room without any upgrade fee. It does pay to be a member of their Best Western Rewards Club. We used their option to leave our vehicle in their parking lot for four nights at $4/night. This is at least $8-10/night less expensive then using any of the airport parking services and they have a free shuttle that gets you to the airport in just 10 minutes. We did, however have to wait nearly 30 minutes to be picked up upon our return but this was a minor inconvenience. The breakfast was typical of what's included with other hotels of this grade. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from out of town with an early flight out of KC. It was our second stay for this purpose and we will use it again.

1 Thank Mkfry