“Great airport hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arkansas
“Great airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Friendly hardworking helpful staff. Good variety breakfast. Easy shuttle to airport , clean large room. Bad weather made departure iffy. Didn't make me check out as I might be right back. Good on line rate.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were very tired as the weather was very bad We were picked up from the Airport Driver Dolton was very nice and helpful The check in was very fast We enjoyed the Breakfast and Internet in the Norning We will come back and stay

1 Thank Veercorp
Liberal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you are looking for a hotel on a budget, but are not looking to sacrifice quality, this is your place. Best Western Plus in Kansas City is very clean with nice big rooms, and all the amenities you could need on your next vacation. We stayed here for four nights and had a very enjoyable stay.

There were only a couple of detractors, but they certainly didn't outweigh the good things during our trip. In a sparsely populated hotel, the staff did put us right next to another guest, who was very sick during out trip and constantly was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain God's. Another day, the fire alarm was going off and was on for an hour or so. When I went to the front desk to ask about it, the staff member was very rude in his response to my question. The breakfast area is very nice, but the food is average at best. Make sure to get there early, because if you get there close to closing time, you will leave hungry.

With all of that said, again, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Uncbears21
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Uncbears21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We value all responses we receive in order to make our hotel the best place for our valued guests.

I apologize for the problems you encountered. I have spoken to our desk team about what happened that weekend. Unfortunately, the alarm seemed to malfunction and it took an hour to get someone out to repair it. I understand how frustrating things like this can be when you are on a vacation. I apologize for the less-than-perfect guest service as well. We have worked out any kinks should this situation arise again.

Next time you are in town, ask our front desk team for help in arranging excursions into Kansas City. Our team is very knowledgeable in what is happening around the city and would love to help. For an extra special stay, please inquire about one of our King Jacuzzi rooms. Feel free to reach us at (816)891-9111.

I am happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one, for the most part. Things happen in everyday life and I appreciate your patience with the situation and with our team while they were dealing with the stress. Thank you again for your response. I hope to see you back here soon!

Gallup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is an easy choice to make if you are looking for airport convenience.The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport with regular shuttle service. The staff and the facilities are great. The rooms are large and comfortable and well priced. I would definitely stay there again when the occasion arises.

1 Thank Guessagain13
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Guessagain13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We value all the reviews we receive and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team.
As you mentioned, we are located just three miles south of the airport with a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport as well as a five mile radius of our hotel. With our extended breakfast hours on the weekend and our indoor, heated pool, we are a great place for a fun family weekend getaway. Ask our front desk team about any happenings in Kansas City and they can help you arrange the perfect outing.

Again, I thank you for replying to our survey. If there is anything my team or I can do, feel free to call us at (816) 891-9111. I hope to see again soon!

Lucas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. They are close to the airport, and their shuttle service to and from the hotel is excellent. The breakfast is delicious with both hot and cold items. The rooms are quiet and warm, with very comfortable beds. It was a wonderful place to stay.

1 Thank Camellia I
Camellia I,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. I was pleased to hear that you had such a great experience with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our team.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room. Each of our rooms has a refrigerator and microwave as well as HD televisions with over 60 cable channels. Our Wi-Fi is free for guests use in the rooms and in public areas. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to call us at (816) 891-9111.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to respond about our hotel. We value all our candid responses, as it helps us to continuously improve our hotel. I hope to see you again!

Frederick, MD, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very reasonalbe rates at a super nice place. Located next to airport with easy access to downtown KC. Located near excellent eating and shpping area (Zona Rosa). Faciliy is well maintained and the amenities offer all a traveler needs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank Douglas S
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Douglas S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. Your kind words are wonderful to hear and I am glad you had such a great experience at our hotel.

As you mentioned, we are only 3 miles from Zona Rosa which includes several restaurants as well as many places to shop. For our guests’ convenience, our complimentary shuttle runs in a five mile radius of our hotel for easy drop off and pick up. We also boast a complimentary full hot breakfast in the morning. Be sure to check that out the next time you stay with us.

Again, thank you for your comments. If there is anything we can help you with, feel free to call us at (816) 891-9111. I hope to see you again soon!

Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

It was a pleasure to have checked into the Best Western Plus in Kansas City, MO while visiting family during the holidays. The evening manager made me feel right at home and was nice enough to upgrade me to king size bed at no charge. I was there for six days and my room was kept clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. It was a great room for the price. Good Job BW

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank John C
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
John C,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We do have a great team here and I am so glad that you were able to see that during your stay. I will be sure to pass the compliments along.

Next time you are in Kansas City, remember that we have a free shuttle to and from the airport for an easy pick up or drop off directly at your gate. Our shuttle also runs in a five mile radius of our hotel. If you have a late arrival, our shuttle will pick you up and take you to the car rental in the morning, so all you need to worry about is getting to your comfortable bed after a long trip.
If there is anything we can assist you with feel free to call us at (816) 891-9111.

Thank you again for your kind words. Each response we receive helps us improve our hotel. I hope to see you soon!