“Quiet, out of the way, convenient and very friendly”

Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

In and out of Kansas for a 1 day meeting from London I needed a quiet, comfortable hotel. This suted the bill perfectly. The room was spacious, the bed VERY comfortable, bathroom exceptionally clean, in fact nothing could be faulted.
OK, the hot breakfast isn't great but there is a great variety of cerals, fruit, breads etc.
The staff are great, having a couple of hours before heading back to the airport they made me feel like this was the only place I'd want to stay when coming back next time. That, I certainly will. Hopefully next time I will be able to sample the finess centre and swimming pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just fine. Not over the top, not a dive, but a great place to comfortably crash and eat breakfast the next morning. Wifi sucks, and that is my only complaint. When looking for a hotel, I want safe, clean, and comfortable, and this checks all those boxes. Pool was fine. No restroom in pool area, which could be an issue with little kids. Breakfast was decent, with warm and cold foods. Overall, I'd stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Maddiwmae81,

Your review has helped us immensely and I wanted to express my appreciation for these critical comments. We have investigated the issue regarding the guest Wi-Fi access and have learned that a portion of our network has been down for several days, we were not aware of the issue since it was only a portion of our network. Your review triggered an investigation which lead to the discovery and remedy for this issue, and without it we would never have known there was an issue to begin with, so thank you.
We subscribe to fiber optic Wi-Fi and the connection should be functioning with great speed so there is no reason as to why we should encounter such bad service.

Reviews like this one are the most valuable to us, we appreciate any and all feedback that helps us identify any problem areas so that we can correct these issues and ensure future guests love every part of their stay.

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our property, we pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable stay to all of our loyal guests.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any future reservations you would like to make or if you have any other comments or suggestions that could improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nothing over the top outstanding about this hotel but nothing bad and it was a great value. We stayed 3 nights. Room very comfortable. Clean. Breakfast was average but good. Only negative was thin walls and could hear kids in next room. Good location.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed the night before a flight out early the next morning. Nice place, excellent breakfast, great room, helpful staff. The shuttle service was very convenient and their parking price per day was better than anything else we could find. Overall an awesome experience.

Tom T,

Thank you so much for your awesome review!
I'm pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient and inexpensive park and fly option. If you have any recommendations as to how we can make your next even better please do not hesitate to let us know, I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is my first time staying at Best Western since my company has an agreement with another hotel chain. I stated for business and the king bed was great. I reserved in advance and got a great deal for $75 a day for a king suite. However, their breakfast is circle eggs and sausage every day. They do have biscuits and gravy but I try to stay away from that when I travel. They do not rotate breakfast items and no bacon to be found. By day 3 I was getting breakfast elsewhere. The coffee in the front was good and I only visited Starbucks once this week long trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

AlexB1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day and leaving us a review. We value all feedback from our loyal guests, hearing the guest side of the experience allows us to see potential areas for improvement so that we can provide and even better stay.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the repetition in our breakfast offering, I can see how being served the same products day after day can be less desirable.

I am please to inform you, we have decided to implement scrambled eggs as well as an additional sausage product!

The next time you are in town, please let us know what you think of our new breakfast items and please don't forget to try the sausage burritos that we serve daily.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our room had a kingsize bed and then a little separate sitting area with a couch and table. The bathroom has been nicely updated. Free wifi that works quite well.
They also provide a free airport shuttle. It's very close to the airport but quite far from anything else but there is a city bus that stops almost right at the door that will take you to the heart of downtown.
The breakfast is very good and has a good variety both hot and cold. There is not restaurant in this hotel but if you go across the parking lot there is one at the Hilton. There is also a pizza place not too far down the road that has good pizza and there are Papa John's pizza specials right on your room key.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

MammaSu,

Thank you so much for your amazing review!

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your kind words. We sincerely appreciate any and all feedback that our loyal guests leave for our review. In your review, the room which you are describing is one of our king business class rooms which features a king size bed as well as a seating area which is equipped with a queen size sofa sleeper.
This room is larger than one of our standard rooms and I happy to hear that you not only utilized but also enjoyed the extra space.

I am sure future readers like to be informed about transportation in the area, so thank you for mentioning our complimentary airport shuttle. What many guest don't know is that we also provide complimentary local shuttle service to Zona Rosa shopping district, I hope you get to take full advantage of this complimentary service the next time you stay with us.

From all of us here at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport, we thank you for your review!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a great stay here. Ashish, the manager checked us in but we had two reservations that needed to be combined one from Priceline, one from Best Western.com. Ashish got it it handled so we did not have to move rooms because of the two reservations quickly and was very professional. The room was neat and clean and modern. It is apparent that updating has been kept up with. Carpets, linens, window coverings, flat screen tv, etc. were all modern. The tv had one of the "clean remotes", I like it when motels have them. I have seen some nasty remotes at motel. The breakfast had everything. Cold cereal, biscuits & gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, rolls, toast. There was a lot more stuff but you should get the idea. The best part was there was one person assigned to take care of it all, and she was very attentive. There is a pool and workout room, but we didn't do either. I was disappointed that there is not a hot tub. Overall I would recommend a stay here.