“It has plus and minus's”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty
Ranked #62 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We chose this hotel due to location. My husband reserved the room on line. It asked when do you want to check in? He had put noon. He was having dental surgery that afternoon. We wanted to check in and go to dental office from there. They told us that there were no clean rooms. We left and returned about 35-40 minutes and still no clean rooms. We explained why we wanted to check in. Well we asked if they could call for a cab to take us to the appointment when we first arrived. When she finally called said be 15 minutes. We needed to leave then. When we arrived back at hotel they checked us in. Since my husband was not able to help I had to unload the car by myself. I don't drive in that kind of traffic. Yes the room had a funky musky odor. But I am very OCD. The room was clean. As we walked in door I could not believe they had Bright WHITE bedspreads. Yes we could hear the traffic...It is next to a busy through fare. Would I stay here again...YES. But I would make damn sure they knew when I was coming and that THEY better have a room ready. I do not believe that there were NO rooms clean. When we trying to check in the first time there were at least 3 people cleaning the lobby!

The nicest part was the car and driver. She called Oasis KC Transport. When I explained we needed a ride back he said call an hour before if possible. When I asked the receptionist to call she checked on time. She called right away saying he would be done in about 20 minutes. The driver was there instantly. He was kind, caring, and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
fairfieldinnliberty, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. We were sold out the evening before, so again apologize we could not accommodate your request for an early check-in. Your experience does not, in any way, represent the level of performance of which we are capable and that we provide on a daily basis to our guest.

Thank you again for your comments. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our true level of hospitality.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This property is in need of a big remodel. Except for the lobby area, the hotel seems late 80s. However, the staff that I encountered were friendly and upbeat. The lady taking care of the breakfast area was sociable and made people welcomed in her area. The desk clerk greeting us was very helpful and precise with directions to our room. Just as a note; spinning a wheel for extra reward points did not excite me at 8:00 at night. I liked the convenience of being a short distance off I-35. Again, like the previous Missouri Marriott property we stayed in, on our initial drive,5 days before; taxes on the room were inordinately high. Must be paying for some new sports stadium in KC.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Surfside10
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This would have been a very good review. Nice room, clean, well appointed, good location, quiet. Until it was very, very not quiet starting at 4:45 in the morning of the first day of our vacation. The sprinkler system hit our window every thirty seconds for 30 minutes. It was loud enough that we could not drown it out with the account wall unit. Seems hypocritical to ask us to reuse towels and then water grass for 30 minutes.

We are in room 117, so be sure to ask about the watering plan outside your room when you check in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here one night with two rooms. The first room had a distinct smell that gave me an instant headache. The lady at the front desk was more than accommodating and moved us to a different room. The second room was perfect. We had a great night sleep, comfy beds, and yummy breakfast. The girls in the breakfast room were working hard and kept everything refilled. There were a lot of people on the Saturday morning. Walmart and Target were both close and convenient. We would stay again if we are in the area again. Bathroom sink area was extremely small. Other guests coming in after us were noisy, but it wasn't too late. You could definitely hear them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor facing the courtyard. These are quieter and you can't hear th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

In the middle of a six day stay here and have to say that overall I am satisfied. If you are looking for 5 star accommodations then this is not it. However, for 90 dollars a night I got a room that is fine/comfortable, other than initial concerns about ac, and the young lady who has been working the front desk for most of my stay has worked her butt off. There is also a small pool and Jacuzzi that are serviceable. You are right beside a wal mart and several other stores in the area if you are looking for convenience. The only down side-if you are traveling to KC on regular basis then a little too far (20 minute ride to downtown), but it is relatively convenient to the airport. If I was staying for three days in the area I might get something a little more upscale, but for an overnight stay or an extended stay like mine it has been ideal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a block of rooms for a wedding here. The night/weekend front desk lady, (older lady) was miserable to work with. She kept telling us to be quiet because they put two rooms with railroad workers in them right in the middle of a bunch of families of the block. We understood they need sleep, with the hours the railroads work, but why put a "Block" of people from New Jersey to California togther around them. These people only see each other a few apart and like to catch up. On top of that they were warining little kids, 2 year olds i might add. Yes you could here the highway traffic, i wonder how they handle that. The cleaning crew started bright and early in the am upstairs and you could here that down stairs. So it was hard for us to understand. The daytime weekend front staff was nice and courteous it was just the afternoon/evening lady. Besides her making it miserable the rooms were really nice, pool was great and breakfast great, cleaning staff was very nice as well. Like they say "One BAD Apple spoils the whole bunch." The Bride even said she was horrible to work with...

Room Tip: Dont Stay here if you have kids...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aaron W
fairfieldinnliberty, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Candid comments from our guests are of great value to us in attempt to improve our level of service and the overall enhancement of the guest experience. Your comments have been shared for corrective action and I trust you will see improvement on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and loved it! The hotel was very clean, staff was great, very quiet and the beds were about the best hotel beds I have slept in!!! The food for breakfast was very good as well. The parking lot is completely full at night if you come in late but there are close enough areas to accomidate. Bit pricey but we had a family 50% discount so well worth it! We would to stay again!

Room Tip: King beds were extra soft, fluffy pillows, quiet rooms right above the lobby area second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#50 of 110 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!