“Great place to rest and enjoy some baseball”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I specifically chose to stay at this hotel becasue I had always wanted to stay at a Drury Inn and because of its proximity to Kauffman Stadium. I was not disappointed.

I actually stayed in the same room on dates a week apart from one another.On my return visit to the hotel, the clerk said, "Welcome back! I remember you from a few nights ago." That made me feel warm and welcome.

My room was always clean and very comfortable. I really appreciaed the internet hookup. My view of Kauffman Stadium was awesome.

Travelers should understand that this location is best for car travelers. A person could hire a cab to get places, but since this is in a more rural part of town it is quite a hike to walk anywehre including Kauffman Stadium which is easily seen from the hotel.

The breakfasts and dinners are pretty average Drury fare. Eggs for breakfast and hot dogs for supper. The eating area is quite small, so people come to breakfast still dressed in their PJs. A large fellow bumped into my table one morning and spilled coffee on a book I was reading. When I mentioned it to him, though, he did pay for a replacement book which speaks to the hotel's decent customers.

When one tires of eating at the Drury, there is a Denny's attached to the hotel. I have stayed at three Drury hotels in Missouri (2 in KC and 1 in St. Joe). This is by far my favorite Drury establishment in Missouri.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AlbuquerqueMary
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Reviewed 22 July 2011

this is my families favorite place to stay when going to watch the royals, chiefs or usssa softball games! the location is perfect and the hotel itself is wonderful. very clean and comfortable and the price is competitive. the breakfast and happy hour/evening snack choices are great for no additional cost. very nice pool and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. just a short, safe walk to the royals/chiefs sport complex so you don have to worry about parking or waiting in lines to get in or out of the stadium parking lot. easy to get to from 435. overall great hotel with great ammenities, you can't go wrong staying here

Room Tip: the suite was a great choice as we brought 4 kids with us- had a little more room/privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Close to Kauffman Stadium (1/2 mile walk). However, if you walk, you have to deal with hilly terrain and traffic, so I would not recommend it for anyone with even light mobility issues.

I chose this hotel due to location and free parking.

Check in went smoothly. Common areas while clean, were worn in many places. Room temperature wasn't as cool as desired (despite turning the ac down to 50 degrees), room never got below 72 degrees.

Free food in the evening, created a long waiting line, so I skipped it and went straight to the ball park.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel, while not new is clean and comfortable. Our free breakfast and 5:30 Kickback receptions can be very busy especially on game nights. We do make every effort to keep food items stocked and the line moving at an adequate pace. Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to accommodate you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We recently attended a Royals game and it was great to walk over to the stadium instead of contending with the traffic and parking! Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I do wish that Drury had rooms with two Queen beds instead of two small doubles. The evening kickback was extremely busy. Breakfast was so crowded and noisy with kids attending a student convention that we went next door to Denny's. Besides that, our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mysugarpie
Reviewed 23 June 2011

With all the construction work done, it is easier and safer now to walk from the Drury to the Stadium Complex. Meals in the Am and Pm were very good. Good selection of foods and very well prepared. TV's in the rooms are fantastic. And the new showerheads makes taking a shower at this hotel a pleasure instead of a chore. Have stayed here before plan to do so in the future. One thing I will warn you of, if the Hotel is booked solid, the Denny's next door will be full all the time as well, but the wait is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is our third Drury Hotel and can't say enough good things about them. Our room was clean, looked as though the bathroom was recently up-graded, nice clean floors, tub, great water pressure in the shower, with different selections on the shower head.
Booked this hotel as we were attending a Royals game. It was advertised as being 1/2 a block away, that was a stretch, but adults could walk to the ballgame with no problem. I would be hesitant to make the trek with small children. There was very little police presence to assist with traffic control, which I found interesting.
Getting back to the hotel....great ease with checking in and out. All hotel staff very efficient and friendly. A great breakfast was presented to start your day. The kickback was filling, hotdogs, all the fixings for nachos, chicken nuggets, baked potatoes, salad, plus those all important, three free cocktails.
The room was clean, everything worked well. The pool was refreshing after touring the city attractions in 90 degree weather.
Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chs80
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Another of our hotel coupons that paid off in a big way and saved us a bundle.

Not only did you get breakfast but you also got a snack dinner of hot dogs, jacket potato, nachos and three free acholic drinks between 5-7pm and free soft drinks and popcorn from 3-10pm meaning we only had to buy lunch. Ok hot dogs each night was bit repetative but the money saved allowed us to have a family day out at the zoo.

The reception staff were friendly and allowed us to stay in the seating area where we ate till late at night talking with other guests. They allowed us to extend our stay by an extra night at the same rate we had checked in at.

Complete value for money and the great experience we had here led us to check into other branches further along our trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family