“Great Stay, Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln Ne.
“Great Stay, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had a nice stay at the Drury Inn Stadium and was happy with how things went. When we walked in to check in our hearts sank with a lobby and dining area full of young boys and girls in town for a big soccer tournament. When we went to our room everything was fine but we could not get a nap in with the noise in the lobby. Our room was 403 directly above the lobby. We really worried about trying to sleep at night but we slept fine and had NO problems with noise in the evening. We chose not to call the front desk in the afternoon because it was an odd time to try and take a quick nap. All in all, the staff was excellent and food was great. Even had free supper which was a treat!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed here for one night and it was great. Nice breakfast and happy hour was great. It's clean, has a gated parking area and is in a good location. All staff were very friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Detroit
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

This is hotel is ok to stay at if your going to a game. I read the reviews given before booking this hotel. I'm a non smoker and one of the reviews said to stay away from the fifth floor. I was told that the fifth floor is the only smoking floor now. When we arrived we were given the first floor, so I thought we were safe. When we came out of our room in the morning all I could smell was smoke. We were located across from housekeeping and I could swear they were smoking. There was also a room further down the hall where it was obvious the people were smoking. I know that the hotel can't control smokers who think that they don't have to follow the rules. Our room was very run down and very dark. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

I stayed here for a week in September, with the purpose of joining a scheduled business trip with some pleasure. The Red Sox were in town and I thought it would be nice to catch a game or two...even if it was by myself. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel was directly across the highway from Kaufmann Stadium (5 minute walk) and it was overrun with fellow Red Sox fans. The room was large, but average...I didn't expect much for $75 and I was happy. It also had free internet service, which was a plus. (Join the gold key club or google esaver for best rates)

The Red Sox/Royals series was 2-2, but I was able to get a $50 ticket right behind the Sox dugout for one game. A fellow fan gave me a ticket 10 rows off the field for another night and rain scared everyone away, so I was front row again. They have done a nice job updating the K.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

Very nice,clean rooms. Shower was good. Stayed to go to the Chief- Raiders game. saved money on parking. Breakfast was pretty good. Also there evening reception was decent. Would def. stay again

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

If you can get a good rate - which often comes right from Drury's web site, stay here. You'll like it and if you're going to a game, you'll save money on parking!

We've stayed here a few times in the last few years and it's always been nice, the staff has always been great and the food is always free.

But, in the interest of full disclosure, it's not the nicest Drury property in the KC metro. I haven't stayed at them all, but, the Overland Park location is a nicer building with bigger rooms and I think the Merriam staff is the nicest. While perfect for a game, there's not much else out by the stadium to see (try Independence Mall, a few exits east for shopping) but I've never had a bad night at a Drury anywhere and you won't have one here. So, I always pick my KC lodging to be at a Drury and I always look for the cheapest rate during my stay via Drury's web site.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

My family of four stayed here one night -- August 6, 2009 -- the first night of a late-summer, pre-back-to-school getaway that included some barbecue, a couple of Royals baseball games and a day each at Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun. We booked over the phone the night before (we decided to leave a day earlier than we originally planned) and were pleased that we found accommodations to suit our last-minute plans on such short notice.

Our only real requirement was an outdoor pool that stayed open late so the kids could stretch their legs from travel and get in a little swim after our late arrival and check-in. Turns out, the pool was ice cold for some reason, which made night swimming unpleasant for mom and dad but didn’t seem to faze the kids in the least. Following our swim, we took the kids next door to Denny’s for some late night dessert. Food and service were good.

We booked a non-smoking room on the fifth floor, but smelled smoke as soon as we stepped foot on the floor. Our room may as well have been smokers’ lounge with the amount of smoke inside. The smoke actually got worse with every passing moment and we discovered that it was coming from around the locked doorway of the adjoining room. We aren't complainers and tried to tough it out. I even put a wet towel on the floor at the base of the door to no avail. We even heard people walking in the hall mention the amount of smoke present.

An hour or so after lights-out, we could handle no more. I called the front desk and inquired about a room switch. I pretty much knew the answer before I asked since this hotel frequently fills up when the Royals are hosting (which they were).

Hotel staff was apologetic. They explained that half of the fifth floor was reserved for smokers and the other half for non-smokers. I mentioned the adjoining room being suspect and they said that room was also supposed to be non-smoking, too. They offered to discount the room and I accepted. We toughed it out -- with headaches and a few coughs -- and managed some limited rest. Upon checkout, front desk staff again apologized sincerely.

I am sure staying on a different floor would have changed our experience altogether. I mean, as busy as it was, the hotel was never noisy. And one of the big positives about the Drury is its complimentary breakfast bar. It is also in close proximity to the Truman Sports Complex (Kauffman and Arrowhead Stadiums), so it very convenient for those planning to attend games.

I would only suggest that you avoid the fifth floor altogether if you have issues with cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family