“Horrible experience. Staff lied when I made reservations”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #62 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas city
“Horrible experience. Staff lied when I made reservations”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I moved to MO and home was deemed unlivable due to electrical problems so I needed a hotel fast... I called and explained the urgency and need of a first floor location as I have a small dog and a mother with Alzheimer's whom is very ill. They ASSURED me they had one room left on the first floor, I questioned the price and was assured there was a full kitchen, free wi-fi and free breakfast every morning
I arrive and was told there are no first floor rooms AT ALL as they have them all filled with long term residents !!
They ALSO said they needed a pet deposit, they lied and lied to me when I called to make reservations I looked online and it said I had a pet ! But they tried to charge me a non refundable deposit upon arrival
Unbelievable !!!
What was worse is that they put me on the second floor as FAR away from the elevator as possible AND right next to a stairwell which I informed them I couldn't take because my mother wanders how was I to take my dog potty and not have my mom fall down stairs
The front desk girl could care less
She just said well hate to tell you someone lied to you !

Get to the room and there was a free packet of coffee but no coffee maker or anything in the kitchen but a dish cloth !!!
Shampoo was available in a vending machine for a tiny bottle 2.00

The vending machine, elevator etc was the furthest away from my room so I couldn't use them!

They have wi-fi and I notice the second I moved my truck from the handicap spot in front of their office, that suddenly the front office gal who checked us in was knocking at my door claiming she had to "reset" the wi-fi !!
There are long term residents here with working crews all over the walk ways and parking lot at night
If you enjoy cursing, smelling pot and filth then this is the place for you !

I went down to get some food from their claimed "breakfast for free" and was told " oh we don't do that at this location"

I paid for a weeks stay when I first called so now I'm stuck here it's thoroughly disgusting they could fleece me and lie. But they did, over and over

Thoroughly disgusted !!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Atalia23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Gross rooms. Non smoking smelled like heavy smoke. Does not look like online photos. Not safe for women. Men lingering in parking lot a midnight. Girl at front desk was very nice and understanding. I had to find a new hotel that night

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Njgirl30
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, and your comments will be very useful as we continue to work to ensure the safety of each guest. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place was disgusting. No pillows In the room. No safety lock on door, screen for window missing. Toilet paper was gone and only one towel in room. We called to ask for more at 6pm at night and front desk girl said they didn't have any clean towels. TV was not plugged in and cable line was layin on floor. Fire alarm was hanging off the ceiling and there were fingernails next to the bed on the floor. Gross!! Carpet was disgusting so we never took our shoes off. Bathroom was so gross we "hovered" the toilet. No hotels had rooms available nearby so we had to stay here for one night. It is the most unsafe and dirtiest place we have ever been at. Do not waste your time here. You will thank me. We could not wait to leave in the morning!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Nrobles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The room conditions you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at wof@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
West Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 May 2014

staff excellent, rooms need updating, but place is clean , had some issues with one bed they fixed it promptly, close to worlds of fun, restraint close by as well as gas station would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize for the issues you had with your bed during your stay; however, it's great to hear that we were able to resolve this issue right away.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room was modest but clean. All of the appliances in the kitchenette worked great. Front desk staff was superb. We asked for extra towels and got them ASAP. Couldn't have asked for more. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: we booked through Hotwire, and got two twin beds, when we would have preferred a double or king. Re...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went to Kansas Mo meet up with my parents for SB. They rented two rooms in advance for a week to accommodate 8 people. We got 1 towel, 1 wash cloth and a bath mat for 4 people, when we asked for more they continually said they were out. The "fully stocked" kitchenette had not pots or pans, no plates or silverware. Only the small burner worked on the two burner stove. We were told that we were not able to use one of the rooms from 6am to 6pm because the people below us worked at night. We were continually harassed by the MOD for 2 days even after not using the room for those 12 hours. The elevator is a death trap, and sounds horrible when being used, added bonus the inspection expired Nov. 2013, only used it once. There was black mold in the bathrooms and bed bugs in one of the rooms, my dad woke up with 50+ welted bites after the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Misty H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, wof@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
El Paso, TX
Reviewed 12 January 2014

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF SLEEPING HERE. Thought an extended stay place would be more accommodating than a regular motel for a one night stay - on long road trip and needed mini fridge and microwave, coffee maker. This was definitely not the case. When we checked in, we were warned the Wi-Fi was very slow and there was nothing else they could do to fix it. When we asked if there were coffee makers in the rooms, we were also told that they had had to move different things around from room to room but that there should be one there. When we got to the room, there was coffee but no coffee maker. The room was supposed to be non-smoking and smelled terribly of smoke, plus there was no phone and the television did not work. Also, during the night, we kept hearing a strange screeching sound which we thought was the neighbors' door, but turned out to be coming from the A/C / heating unit. The only good thing to report is that they gave us an extra hour to check out the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Iowana
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay . I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure our rooms are properly stocked and the equipment is properly functioning

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at wof@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Address: 4301 N Corrington Ave, Kansas City, MO 64117-1564
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #62 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios- Kansas City Worlds of Fun. We are located right across the street from the Worlds of Fun theme park and down the road from Interstate 435. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.