“Cheap...but you get what you pay for.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Detroit, Michigan
“Cheap...but you get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Not the best experience. I booked a non-smoking room, which had obviously been smoked in. My car was broken into (on Wednesday, 1/5/11), complete with my window being smashed (they stole my GPS....I guess it was my fault). No ice machine? Paint is coming off the walls. The TV is tiny. No bath tub?

I cancelled my last night here so I can pamper myself at a different hotel (the Comfort Inn 200 yds away) for my last night in town.

The bright side is I saved money, as I was in town for work and got paid a per diem. I used the fridge and stove/microwave to avoid eating out.

Like I said...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 15 September 2010

In driving in to the hotel on Saturday Sept., 4th we see a police car with a woman in a jumpsuit standing there. As hard as it was, we tried to look past that and continued to the "lobby" to check in. This was in a complete disarray with enormous stacks of papers sitting in the hallway. At this point we decided we were not going to stay there. But in trying to cancel our reservation we realized that we had made the reservation for the wrong day. I call it a message from God for our own safety. After about 15 minutes of waiting for the receptionist to "straighten something out" on the internet we inquired about a refund of our incorrect reservation and were simply told "I can't do anything about that, you'll have to talk to my manager." The manager is difficult to get in contact with and when you do, she doesn't return promised calls. Oh and by the time we left there were 2 cops cars along with the woman in the jumpsuit standing outside the "lobby."

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

blessedacw8
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I normally check reviews whenever i will book a hotel. But this one, i took a chance because of all the negative comments i have read. But, to our surprise, it was a great. Our room was really clean and well arranged. The ac/ and shower was really working good. Love the kitchenette (includes fridge, microwave, stove top, coffee maker and inside the cabinets are the plates, pots, glass, mug & utensils). Great price for all this things. I would definitely stay here or any other extended stay hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheriluvsadam
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I was hesitant when my husband made our reservations after reading the reviews on various hotel sites. However, the desk help was very friendly and had a list of near by shopping and eating. Our room was clean, non-smoking and possiby recently renovated. Our toilet seat cover was cracked, but easy to work around. No hair dryer or shampoo/conditioner in room and could hear water running in surrounding rooms and people talking outside room, but didn't expect any different for the low price. It was just what we needed for our one night stay in KC.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kompseia
North Dakota
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My girlfriend was coming from out of state to meet me and we were going to spend the weekend together. Since I do not live in Kansas City I needed a hotel to stay at but I wasn't looking or able to spend $180-$200 per night. Since Nascar and other attractions were in town for the weekend mid-range hotels didn't have any availability. After reading all of the reviews for this place I was pretty worried that we would have a less than enjoyable experience.

When we arrived the building looked better than it did in the picture. The checkin was not unusual. The staff was friendly. Yeah, the room was a little small, but it wasn't uncomfortabley small. Also, the room didn't appear to be outdated and run down. On the contrary it looked like it had been redone in the last couple of years. The kitchenette was there with a fridge, microwave, sink, and two burner stove. The room was clean. The bed wasn't noticably uncomfortable. Overall it was a much better experience than I was expecting. I really have none of the complaints that the other users had.

It's no Four Seasons, but it was comfortable, clean, and much better than I expected.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tisch09
Kansas City
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Rude service with an attitude is their specialty. The toilet runs all night long and the wireless internet connection is spotty at best. You'll be lucky if you don't have to walk up to the TV to change the channels due to a faulty remote. The kitchenette is barely furnished and the soap provided isn't strong enough to wash all the dishes. Be aware that you'll have to stand on your bed in order to hang items in the open-air closet. Speaking of the beds, the mattresses slide very easily during the night even with little tossing and turning.

• Liked — convenience on New Years Eve
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SmirnoffGurl8
Vilseck, Germany
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I would not wish this hotel on my worse enemy. First off the hotel is in a horrible location, very hard to find. Located in a business park area back in wooded valley of Kansas City. Check-in was very easy, but once we saw the room we turned right around and just ate the $$ we paid through Priceline. Room was extremely small for a studio we thought. Bed did not look King size but it sure did take up most of the room. Had just enough room between bed and entertainment center to get to the small, small restroom and kitchenette. Room also did not seem clean, bed was made up and everything was in place but it just looked dirty. If you like staying in a small square box for the night this place is for you. I understand that this hotel is just a 1 star, but it seemed more like a hotel chain that just did not care. Last thought spend the extra $$ and find a hotel chain that care a lot more about things.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gonzo904
Candlewood Suites Northeast
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#54 of 109 in Kansas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Address: 4301 N Corrington Ave, Kansas City, MO 64117-1564
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios- Kansas City Worlds of Fun. We are located right across the street from the Worlds of Fun theme park and down the road from Interstate 435. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.