“Just Like Home”

Courtyard Kansas City South
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Courtyard Kansas City South was very good. I was greeted with a smile, the information board was helpful in finding food and attractions, and my room was in great condition. Only complaint...no whole milk.

Room Tip: Keep doing what you are doing. I would suggest a fridge for those traveling with children who need t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am please the hear that our hotel is just like home. We look forward to your future stays in our hotel when you are in Kansas City.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

One of my kids lives in this area, and I needed a place to stay nearby. The Courtyard offers a really nice environment, decent food options and really reasonable pricing. I like the hotel enough that I will stay there even when my business is in a different part of the city. The staff has been wonderful. And while many Courtyards really don't have one, this hotel has a beautiful and well-landscaped open area, visible from many of the rooms. I loved the mature evergreens.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the courtyard are great in the spring/summer/fall.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay in our hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and am delighted you enjoyed our Courtyard area. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to our hotel.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very clean and quiet place to stay. I was initially nervous to see a lobby full of kids who were staying for a school competition. Have had problems in past. Surprisingly, I had one of my quieter stays. The Starbucks and cafe were great in the morning. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

You can tell when you enter this hotel that it has had a nice makeover in recent years. The lobby and Bistro is all crisp and clean looking. The rooms have the new decor and furniture.

The only clue this is an older property is the elevators are showing their age, although they work just fine.

I guess the other clue is that even though I was upgraded to a suite, the bathroom is tiny, just a tub and toilet and a door opening within an inch of the toilet. I'd guess that this was once two room, but was converted to a suite at some point, and the original bathroom was decorated, but not resized as it should have been for a suite.

So as long as you don't mind the tiny bathrooms and the fact that not all the standard rooms have a refrigerator (a pet peeve of mine in hotels), then this is certainly a nice property. Convenient access to the freeway and pleasant and professional staff.

I visited a very disappointing Courtyard just five miles from here and compared to that, this is like a breath of fresh air.

Room Tip: You have to ask if you want a refrigerator in your room. Many of the rooms are overlooked by anothe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and hope that on your next trip to the Kansas City / Overland Park area you stay with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a nicely renovated hotel with tasteful decor. Good value for money and very helpful staff.
What sets this property apart is the way they handle breafast. They have a Cafe "Starbucks-style" ( but not actually a Starbucks) in the hotel, with really good food at decent prices. Eggs were freshly cooked to order, instead of the mass produced cardboard scrambles in "inclusive" places. So you pay a little for it, but the room rates are really competitive so the whole package is good value.
I would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay in our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast in our Bistro.

We look forward to you staying with us again on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I just got back from a weekend in KC and this hotel will be my choice when going to KC from now on. The staff was very helpful and professional. The rooms are very nicely updated and roomy. You can tell it was an older, updated hotel. I was not really hung up on that fact though. The only evidence that this was renovated, is the elevator was pretty old. But overall, the lobby, pool, rooms, and staff were great and well worth the money. The location isn't too bad either. It took maybe 10 minutes to get to downtown KC. The pool was well kept and I was able to enjoy a nice swim and relax in the hot tub. The beds were really comfy as well. I hope that the next time I visit KC, that this hotel keep their current standards. If so, I will be a repeat customer based on what I have experienced this weekend

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and very excited that we are your new hotel of choice when in Kansas City. We look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

SIncerly,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Hotel nicely updated, fairly close to the highway but still a quiet location. Rooms and bathrooms were a good size. Service was very good, especially when we had breakfast. Staff were very helpful and attentive and food was good. It is about a 15 minute drive to get to the Plaza area of Kansas City.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South

Been to Courtyard Kansas City South? Share your experiences!