“OK stay”

Courtyard Kansas City South
Ranked #49 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 8 March 2010

The positive things about this hotel were the cleanliness and the pleasant staff. I also thought the bed was extremely comfortable. The negative was that the hotel felt a bit dated and the room was set up very awkwardly. My TV was on the side of the bed and I could not turn it so it was hard to watch TV at a decent angle. The coffee table was extremely beat up and needed replacing. Also, the toilet was in a large bathroom yet placed right behind the door on the far side of the shower. Our final night there, I went to use the computer. There was a large group of rowdy adults in the lobby. They had food and alcohol all over the lobby, were playing drinking games and being very loud and offensive in their conversation. I could not concentrate on checking my flight information yet no one from the hotel addressed this issue. Apparently, they were there the night before as well. I would come back here, but now at least I'd know what to expect.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank luv2travel821

Reviewed 18 January 2010

This hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My room was in good shape, the internet was free, and I liked having a back porch. The only cons are that it doesn't have a restaurant in walking distance and the television channels are pretty lame. I would definitely stay there again when traveling to the same location; it is close to all major highways but not a high traffic hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank brookeypoo
Reviewed 19 November 2009

The location was convenient to nearby restaurants (Subway, a Thai place, doughnut place). The staff were courteous. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. We were away throughout the day and only came back to sleep. I purchased this through priceline and got a pretty deal. They were going to put my friend and I into a King bed room, but I asked for a room with two doubles and was accomodated.
I consider myself a good map reader so the listing of area restaurants given by the front desk could have been more detailed or actually shown a map! It just listed directions in a vague way using L, R, HWY , and street names. We weren't able to find some of the restaurants when it said to get on the highway then turn onto a street (which didn't look like an exit or anything).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Brisas
Reviewed 11 September 2009

A friend and I stayed at this Marriott Courtyard back in April - I chose the Marriott in part because of their Visa promotion - $15 Amazon gift card for each night paid w/Visa.

I put the certificates away, intending to use them in September. The are no longer redeemable. The fine print on the back specifies they must be redeemed for a 'claim code' within 30 days. Of course, this wasn't mentioned at the time of my stay.

Marriott customer care refuses to redeem. My stay would have been lovely, had Marriott's customer service been what I foolishly expected.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I found the Courtyard to be just like other courtyards. It was quick clean and quiet I slept very well. I would say the staff especially at breakfast went out of their way to make it a great stay. The only minus was what I thought to be thin towels.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SteveMiddleway
Reviewed 23 June 2009

If you like a dated, old musty smelling hotel with unfriendly staff then you'll love this place! Overpriced and not up to Courtyard standards. Feels and looks like a budget hotel. Hotel overall does not feel safe though it is located in a quiet area right off of I-435. Very limited tv channels, hard beds, musty odor throughout and poor cooling air conditioner. Maid service is very grumpy and wants to know why you won't be checking out by 8:00am. Profoundly disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank marcs73
Reviewed 18 October 2008

A bit hard to find, the small sign is off down a side street partly hidden by trees. But worth it, a fine classic Courtyard in quiet area. Arrived late Sunday night and would have hit pool but it closes at 10 pm. Breakfast buffet was $9, didnt see anything free, maybe coffee. Room was pretty standard, large-ish, opened onto interior courtyard. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple