“Thanks for being pet friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #37 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Denver, Colorado
“Thanks for being pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here while moving to Denver. I booked LQ because my cat demands the best. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The night manager was very accomodating even though I checked in at 2 am. The breakfast was a step above most breakfast bars I've tried. The cost was a little bit above normal middle of the road properties but it was worth it. Nice stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

This hotel was exactly as I expected. A clean great room with a reasonable price. The desk clerk was amazing- recommended a great Italien Restaurant that was exactly what we were looking for. Breakfast was exactly as advertised with great choices and a really nice set up. I will definitely be staying here again when I visit Kansas City

Room Tip: Reserve ahead of time
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank sparky519
Lebanon, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2007

I left the review for Renovate your Rates. I stayed there almost two months ago, and would've never gone back. But, I had a friend book my hotel and he, coincidentally, booked this hotel. When I knew I was staying there...again...I cringed.

However, The Quality Inn is now La Quinta. I have to say, from two months ago, it was a complete 180. The rates were the same, but the bedding, the atmosphere, the pillows, the staff, the exterior......everything was so transformed for the better.

I'm probably bragging about this hotel a little much because of the drastic change. But, it was a pleasant stay. Everything was bright, new, and exciting. Mucho, Mucho Bueno.

• Liked — The
  • Disliked — Some of the olf stuff being replaced still sat in the lobby, along with the new. Kinda crowded.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank lilmilyunr
louisville, ky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2007

I travel alot for business therefore stay in many hotels. This one ranks very close to the worst property I have ever stayed in. The front desk staff was less than friendly and the property in desperate need of repair. I purchased the room as part of a package on Expedia and the front desk clerk found it necessary to quiz me about the price I paid and even told me if anything happened in the room during my stay he would be unable to help me since I "paid" Expedia for the room. I guess this hotel doesn't want Expedia's business. There are many other hotels in the area that I am sure will appreciate my business regardless of how I get there.

• Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank kymiss
Fort Madison, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2007

I stayed here for 4 nights with a friend in Sept. '06 and most likely wouldn't return. There never seemed to be anyone at the front desk and the whole place was just a tad shabby. The day we checked in there was a hole in the wall and plaster laying on the carpet beneath it next to the elevator. The hole AND plaster were STILL there when we checked out 4 days later. The room was okay..although it smelled a bit musty. The free breakfast was good though, with biscuits and sausage gravy.

• Liked — Within walking distance of Zona Rosa shopping complex.
  • Disliked — Whole place could have used a good cleaning.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank Letha A
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2006

This is a handy little place not far from Kansas City airport. Most importantly they offer a shuttle service to the airport while you can leave your car at the hotel. This is a much cheaper option than parking at the airport. It is close to Zona Rosa, and many dining options. They also have a fabulous continental breakfast with warm waffles, definately a bonus. They also had free wireless internet, which was a big plus.

• Liked — Park and Fly service
  • Disliked — Toilet sounded like space shuttle launch
  • Tips/Secrets — Get up in time for the breakfast!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rusty_Shakelford21
Pelham, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2005

Other than a fantastic general manager, Norman, who did a lot to make our experience positive, the Inn is a bit tired around the edges. It is a makeover of some other chain somewhere along the line. Close to the airport, lots of restaurants, and car rental facilities.

Wireless internet connection was not dependable at all. After finally getting online, we were kicked off later in the evening, and unable to get back on. A phone call of some 45 minutes with the provider did not solve the problem. Norman loaned us a booster that did the trick, but only for a while. So if internet access is important, look elsewhere.

2 Thank nhhiker