See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Starting in early July until the middle of November I was in Kansas City working on a project during the week. The 400 become my second home not just a place I was staying. This was largely due to David and Lee who were phenomenal hosts. They always greeted me with a warm smile, inquired about my day, and asked if I needed anything. My room was always clean, comfortable, and had that feeling of staying with a beloved relative. The location was great as well. There are several restaurants of various price points within walking distance. One of my favorites was right across the street. If I am ever back in Kansas City this will be my top pick of places to stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank katrinawightman
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The 400 for one night to celebrate our 29 year anniversary. We stayed in the Harline Suite. It was wonderful. The bed was comfortable, the hot tub was perfect, and the breakfast was super tasty. The location is also great. We walked to a sports bar to watch the Chiefs game and then had dinner at a Brookside restaurant. David and Lee are ideal hosts!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb H
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were here for one night in KC. Beautiful huge rooms that were spotlessly clean, easy to talk to hosts who gave you your private space, and a more than ample, tasty breakfast the next morning. What more would a traveler want?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brigitte_and_Norman
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience at the 400. Beautiful rooms and great host. The breakfasts were gourmet.
Very relaxing. Definitely plan to recommend to my friends.

Nice attention to detail. Nice decorations,
Fresh flowers both inside and out. Had access to downstairs living room, den and dinning room. Will come back on next visit to Kansas City.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
David S, Owner at The 400 - A Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Thanks so much for staying!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and Lee and David made it very special. They went above and beyond to make our stay easy, fun, and amazing. Very clean rooms. Delicious food. Won't be staying anywhere else in Kansas City from now on.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple