“DISAPPOINTED- forgot my wake up call -and- no orange juice”

Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
Ranked #80 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
St. Louis
“DISAPPOINTED- forgot my wake up call -and- no orange juice”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I have stayed at this property several times and always fine. This time they "forgot" my wake up call. Also they "ran out" of orange juice before breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank 8BALLSt_Louis
LPATEL2, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, 28 December 2010
My sincere apology for your inconvenience. I, as a Manager can assure you, we have an excellent and trained staff now. We also have a new juice machine. Please come back and visit us. Give us a chance to make your stay a very pleasant one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 7 October 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on a weekend getaway to Kansas City. The lobby was really pretty, breakfast was good, the bed was super comfortable, and the shower in the room was great. I only had a few minor complaints: the front desk girl wasn't very friendly and was on the phone with her significant other when we came in (She told him/her "Hold on baby" and then set the phone down to help us), the hotel is supposed to be smoke-free but the entire hallway outside of our room and our room itself reaked of smoke the whole time (don't stay here if this bothers you), and the furniture in the room was outdated, mismatched, and damaged in places. We visited Worlds of Fun and downtown KC while we were there (Worlds of Fun was about a 5-10 minute drive, The Plaza was about 15-20 minutes). It was nothing to brag about, but if you're just looking for a decent place to land the Comfort Suites should do the job.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rml22
We have renovated the whole hotel. Please come back and visit us. I can assure your next stay would be a very pleasant one.

lee summit mo
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my colleagues for couple of night, we had 3 rooms, and we had very nice experince, the entire stay was wonderful, staff is very- very nice, helpful and cooperative, they have nice breakfast, we did not get chance to swim, but we did look at pool it was good.
Rooms are nice as it is suites rooms are preety bigger, housekeeping was good they did very good job.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank travel4businesss
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We loved this place - just there one night - but the desk clerk was great - on the phone and in person - room was just as we had requested - downstairs king - everything was new and great (although some glue smell from new carpet).

Clean and nice in a great area - breakfast was great - large eating area built just for it and well stocked food - USA Today at the door in the morning - safe area - lots or restaurants and close to interstate.

We really liked it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bensus
Please come back and visit us again. Thank you.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 16 September 2010

In town for my brothers wedding and booked three rooms for four nights for me and family.

First day: Early check in went smoothly. Room was Ok. My eight yr old son went in pool he had a good time. When we went to bed he saw and ant on the night stand between our beds, I thought nothing of it. Hotel seemed to be empty.

Second day: Got up early for Continental breakfast, it was excellent . Saw more people. Went back to my room noticed ants on nightstand and they were crawling on my sons bed. Reported to desk clerk we were changed to another room. Moved from 2nd floor to the 1st floor. Room seemed clean. Took my son to the pool came back to room saw ants over the night stand in second room. Head of housekeeping came in and said she will call the exterminator and the problem will be taken care of.

Went to Walmart came back to room I see a black spot on wall I think its a hole, No its a CLUSTER of ANTS over the night stand in between me and my son bed. Reported it, Moved back to the second floor to my THIRD room.

Now I go to the rehearsal dinner had a wonderful time came back to my room very tired. Son went to sleep. I'm up watching tv and I see something out the corner of my eye. I think that I'm seeing things but no its running back and forth from my bed to me sons bed YES its a MOUSE. A MOUSE in my room!!!! Wake up my son screaming run downstairs IN MY pjs to clerk, MOVED TO MY FOURTH ROOM. Did not sleep all night. Needless to say we all checked out the next morning.

The desk clerk Michelle stated that she could not credit me bc the Manager/Owner Larry Patel was out of town for a wedding and could not be reached. I called the cell phone number of Mr. Patel and his office at Comfort Suites of Liberty several times and never received a response. Until today I received a uniform letter from Larry Patel stating how sorry he was for my experience, What a Joke!!!!

I called the complaint line for Choice Hotels International and they are supposed to send me a check to reimburse me for one night stay. Lets see how that goes.

Dont go to this hotel!!!! WORST Experience Ever!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank adventurem0m
LPATEL2, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, 18 September 2010
I did call pest control to resolve issue. Did change new carpet in all room also. GTD to offer you best service. Thank you for your business.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2010

The hotel was advertised as complete no smoking but Room 326 smelled of stale smoke and had a cigarette burn mark on the tub.
There was a dead bug in the floor of the bathroom.
The bathroom floor appeared dirty and was sticky to walk on.
The lobby computer was "out of order".
The laundry washing machine was dirty/uncleaned.
The evening representative appeared to not like his job, never smiled. Said the right things but his body language and facial expression was not conducive to interaction.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james1957shs
LPATEL2, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, 29 December 2010
We took care off all the problems. Please stay with on your next visit.. Thank you for your business.
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The room was very big which was great since I had 3 kids in room. The breakfast was very good with lot's of variety even though there is very few tables to eat on. Had to wait a while to get a table. Room was very clean. Pool was nice but small. The pool had saltwater in it.Overall very good stay with few very minor problems

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
We have added more tables in the breakfast area. We also renovated the whole hotel. Please come back and visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#2 of 108 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun

Been to Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty? Share your experiences!