Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveller reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveller reviews.

“Never Again will I stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty

Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
Ranked #86 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Des Moines
“Never Again will I stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2007

I can honestly say it was the worst hotel experience of my life and I've stayed in a few hotels.
First it was listed as a suite. It was not a suite. It was one room with one bed and one couch. In my opinion, that is not a suite.
My husband and I were taking our two children on our family vacation. One of the reasons we choose this hotel was location and the fact it had an indoor pool.
The pool was un-usable. It was so full of chlorine, that you couldn't see the bottom half of the people standing in the pool when they were waist deep in water. We could only stay in the pool room for about 10 minutes because the smell of chlorine was so strong it make out eyes water and our noses hurt. The whirlpool was no better. It had brown foam floating in it.
We decided to call Price Line, who we booked the room with, and see if we could cancel our reservation and get a different hotel. They were fine with that as long as we stayed that night. We had booked 3 nights with this hotel. Price Line called the hotel while I was on the phone holding and told them of the problems. While I was still on the phone with Price Line, the hotel called our room and said we could leave but they would not refund our money since it was pre-paid through Price Line. This is not what Price Line told us.
Then the problems continued.
These were: the toilet seat in the bathroom was broken, the grout on the floor in the bathroom was coming out and all over the floor, we found 2 cockroaches in the bathroom two different nights, there was terrible reception on the tv and no movie rental options, the alarm clock didn't work correctly, the comforter on the bed had a burn hole in it, there was a roll of carpet pad propped against the wall in the hall way for three days, and there were large air conditioner boxes in the hall by the pool for three days.
I my opinion that is a terrible list of problems and it made for a bad vacation for my family.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — it was very dirty, poor customer service, the list goes on and on
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LPATEL2, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, 31 December 2010
On behalf of our hotel I would like to apologize for your experience. Since your stay we have made a lot of changes including upgrading our pool to a salt water system instead of chlorine based. I apologize for the rigid policies that exist between priceline and the hotel and assure you that the communication between the two entities has been cleared to promote guest satisfaction. We have also renovated the hotel rooms and lobby space so please stay with us again if you are in the area to see the changes we have made. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

Avoid this place! While the hotel states that it is no smoking in all rooms, the first room we checked into had the nasty odor of smoke. After a reluctant front desk clerk gave us another room,
all was well until the next morning when the airport van driver realized that he was overbooked and since our flight was not soon enough we would have to wait until he got back....in an hour as it turns out! Conveniently no manager was there at all and certainly no front desk robot can contact the driver on his cell. What a joke. And when the driver returned he seemed peeved that he wasn't tipped!
Can this experience spiral downward even further? Upon return to the airport in KC, we tried using the courtesy phone for the hotel for the shuttle (park and fly) starrting at 2:50 pm. No answer seriously after 50+rings, tried using cell phone to contact hotel continuously for next 1/2 hour but no answer (phone # verified w/airport). Finally got cab to hotel where front desk staff was clueless, swear that other calls had been received, mgr had just left, unable to refund $ for taxi. Magically my cell phone redial to the hotel works when I am standing in the lobby! This place is a complete joke for even basic service let alone a complex issue like airport shuttle service! Beware, find another alternative for park and fly to KCI!

• Disliked — airport shuttle was a joke!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of our hotel I would like to apologize for your experience. Comfort Suites all over America provide non- smoking facilities. We strive to maintain a smoke free hotel and respond quickly if a room has been smoked in. Unfortunately, as you experienced, our shuttle was not operating at a desired level, so the service has been discontinued. We are dedicated to providing the best service possible. Throughout this process we try to identify what works well to lessen our weaknesses. We are currently operating with new management and an excellent staff, so please stay with us again next time you are in the area. Thank you.
Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

While booking through Hotels.com was fantastic, the Comfort Suites hotel should not boast about receiving the 3 diamond award as it states on the website.

Upon checking in, I was greeted by a not so friendly manager, who was answering the phone and trying to check me in at the same time. Half way through the check-in, the manager disappeared to another room and there I was standing, with no room keys or number for that matter.

Once inside my "suite" I was greeted by broken floor tiles in the bathroom, crumbs on the carpet and a television where all the channels came out in a green tint. No matter what we did to fix the color, nothing worked. Our sofa sleeper did not have sheets, the towels were dirty, rust stains and what looked like cranberry juice stains. My six year old befriended a spider living in the corner of the tub, and then also found another bug that would have soon been the spider's feast. I dropped an earring over by the sofa sleeper and when I reached down to get it, I discovered the remnants of old pizza crust.... No wonder there are bugs!
The "deluxe" breakfast area was nothing more than some muffins, danishes and frozen scrambled eggs that were laid out on a plate with no covering.

While waiting to check out, I discovered that I wasn't the only one with complaints. There was another hotel guest there complaining about the condition of his "suite". The response from the person behind the desk was "I don't have time for this".
Talk about making a person want to come back.

I will never stay at this Comfort Suite hotel again - good luck to those of you that choose to.

• Liked — Easy to get to from interstate
  • Disliked — Everything about the room
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Coachmswife
On behalf of our hotel I would like to apologize for your experience. Since your stay with us we have renovated our hotel rooms and lobby space. We are currently operating under new management and with a staff focused on guest satisfaction. Comfort Suites has a new breakfast program featuring hot waffles, fresh fruit, and sausage. If you are in the area again, we would like to welcome you back and show you the changes we have made to make your stay a pleasurable experience. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2006

Our room was clean, but the furniture was ragged. Before settling in for the night we needed extra towels, and it was very hard to communicate with the desk clerk (who was not a native English speaker). When we awoke and tried to shower at 10AM there was no hot water. It suddenly became available about 5 minutes after we called the front desk. Our impression is that the owner is trying to run this hotel "on a shoe string." We switched to another hotel after the first night of a planned three night stay. The other hotel (a Fairfield Inn) was much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LPATEL2, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, 29 December 2010
I hate to have anyone leave our property unhappy-however it does happen. I'm the new Assistant General Manager of this property and I can assure you that we have taken steps to renovate our property and to improve our guest service. Please try us again. I am confident you will have a very good experience next time.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2005

we were two adults and three kids in a queen suite with sofa sleeper. limited space when the sleeper was pulled out but we had a mini-fridge and microwave. the pool was small but we had it to ourselves. great location, just a couple blocks from interstate. the breakfast was good but they shut the lights out right at 9am. even with people in the dining room!! and the woman checking us in was yelling at her kids. all in all - i would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vacationut
Thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Candlewood Suites Northeast
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#46 of 109 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park

Been to Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty? Share your experiences!