I can honestly say it was the worst hotel experience of my life and I've stayed in a few hotels.
First it was listed as a suite. It was not a suite. It was one room with one bed and one couch. In my opinion, that is not a suite.
My husband and I were taking our two children on our family vacation. One of the reasons we choose this hotel was location and the fact it had an indoor pool.
The pool was un-usable. It was so full of chlorine, that you couldn't see the bottom half of the people standing in the pool when they were waist deep in water. We could only stay in the pool room for about 10 minutes because the smell of chlorine was so strong it make out eyes water and our noses hurt. The whirlpool was no better. It had brown foam floating in it.
We decided to call Price Line, who we booked the room with, and see if we could cancel our reservation and get a different hotel. They were fine with that as long as we stayed that night. We had booked 3 nights with this hotel. Price Line called the hotel while I was on the phone holding and told them of the problems. While I was still on the phone with Price Line, the hotel called our room and said we could leave but they would not refund our money since it was pre-paid through Price Line. This is not what Price Line told us.
Then the problems continued.
These were: the toilet seat in the bathroom was broken, the grout on the floor in the bathroom was coming out and all over the floor, we found 2 cockroaches in the bathroom two different nights, there was terrible reception on the tv and no movie rental options, the alarm clock didn't work correctly, the comforter on the bed had a burn hole in it, there was a roll of carpet pad propped against the wall in the hall way for three days, and there were large air conditioner boxes in the hall by the pool for three days.
I my opinion that is a terrible list of problems and it made for a bad vacation for my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new hotel has 71 beautiful deco rooms featuring a mini size refrigerator, microwave, free WI-FI, All brand new 37" LED Plasma flat screen televisions, and wide variety of cable channels. We offer free continental breakfast. We offer onsite washer and dryer use to our guest, business center, indoor saltwater pool, and gym for your use. Several of local shopping within minutes, and wide variety of restaurants. The property is all interior for your security. The parking lot is large enough for buses and there is also street parking. If you are looking for comfort, security, convenience this would be your hotel of choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Comfort Suites