“Awful experience!”

Comfort Inn Kearney
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
“Awful experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We requested lower level which was a mistake at this property unless you enjoy hearing the footsteps of the people above you and waking to the sound of someone falling out of bed and a early morning bathroom visit. We requested the following morning to be moved to the top floor and all that was available was a king room. They were able to accommodate our need for a rollaway. The new room had newer carpet and a air conditioner that worked unlike the room we started out in. Although we were told when we left for the day, the rollaway would be delivered to our room it was still not there when we returned at 11pm. We had to request it again. The next evening, we returned after being gone all day with our 1 yr old grandson. We asked for a crib and it was brought up promptly which I appreciated. However, getting the little one ready for bed after a nice bath I pull back the covers on the king bed only to find a waded up washcloth, that was not there when we left that morning and under that washcloth I was sickened to see mouse droppings. The very sweet night clerk brought up new bedding and was very
apologetic and offered a room rate adjustment. If it was not for us being so tired and having our grand baby with us we would have moved that night to different hotel. The next morning, breakfast was very limited even at 8am, no decent fresh fruit, no yogurt, no eggs. I brought up what breakfast we did have to the room on a tray only to find that dirty tray still in the room along with other trash we had discarded when we returned at 11pm after a full day of being with family. Never have I had such a horrible experience with a hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for any reason. Hallways were musty smelling, and if you
expect a smoke free environment forget it. I fully plan to write to ChoiceHotels for further compensation in this 4 night stay at the property. Sorry a discount of only $50 is not enough to make up for the dissatisfaction. Location was the only advantage for us. Close to the family event we were there for and close enough to the interstate for easy access.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ColoradoGrandmaPapa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The Comfort Inn was definitely UNCOMFORTABLE: dark desk area, smelly hallways, and a brawl in the middle of the afternoon! With a desk clerk that seemed "removed" from what was going on, I hid in my room while a hysterical woman roamed the halls, after screaming and yelling came from her room. I heard men screaming, threatening her, etc. NOT a great way to take a nap, while awaiting the rest of my associates from their work and travels. When I finally emerged from my room, a man was sitting against the door of said room, and grinned at me! Very wierd! I went to the lobby, told the said clerk what was going on, and he and his female associate told me he was only sitting there charging his phone. When I asked to print my boarding pass, I was told because there was no printer set up fpr the customers' computer, I needed to go to the library the next day after nine o'clock. (I was leaving very early.) So, forget the UNCOMFORTABLE Inn.......................

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RhythmA5678

Travellers are raving about these Kearney hotels

Hastings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this Comfort Inn. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and she was very helpful. She gave us directions to the local pizza place. We would stay there again. We are Choice Members and so they let us have a late check out, which was very helpful.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Draper, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We had a late flight into MCI got to the hotel around 12:30 a.m. There was a party in the lobby the desk clerks "family" as she put it. Four men around 20's and a small girl layng on the lobby couch with her toys everywhere I set down my bag next to her toy and she had a fit. The boys were loud, i am sure they were drinking. The desk clerk told us they would be quiet. They were talking and loud ALL night ! Finally fell aslleep around 5 and then at 6 the lobby t.v. went on for breakfast uggg!
Drain in shower did not work, blow dryer had been ripped off of the wall.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vickie m
Bentonville, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I wasn't expecting alot when I stopped at the hotel as I just needed a place to sleep for the night. The property is in need for a good remodel, the hallways smelled like smoke, and the lobby was dark. We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. It serves the purpose if you need a place to stay overnight.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew T
Stacy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Having stayed at other Comfort Inn properties, we expected more. The property was in need of a remodel and needs a good maintenance person. Our room was in fairly poor shape. The easy chair was to say the least extremely dirty. The toilet needed to be fixed, as it rocked when you sat on it. The shower curtain rod was falling down also. The free breakfast was good, with biscuits and gravy. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan1946
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I work on the road so I stay in a lot of hotels, but the Comfort Inn in Kearney goes above and beyond most other hotels. The rooms are clean and the staff is always helpful and friendly. The indoor pool is nice, and the breakfast is better than what most other hotels offer. We have stayed many nights in other local hotels around Kearney in the past but none of them compare to the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#2 of 109 in Kansas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty

Been to Comfort Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!