“Decent "no frills" hotel, excellent staff”

Comfort Inn Kearney
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a good basic hotel that met our needs for a clean room, comfortable bed, and decent breakfast. The staff was excellent: very friendly and helpful. It was an easy off and on from the freeway. We would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalie223, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days cannot say how Wonderful the customer guest relationship was from the moment I got there the owner Mr Prag and his employees made us feel welcome ! It was one of those weeks sister had a stroke in minn n I was driving back in ice car started giving me problems called this hotel n Robin answered explained the situation to her and I asked for a quiet room she not only had the room ready for me she had actually gone into the room to made sure the room was warm and comfortable for me before I got there. Robin walked me through the directions on how to get to the hotel n was just so kind to me the room was fantastic, Robin helped me with my luggage getting into the room. The next morning I went out to see if the car would start and the owner was so helpful with trying to get me help considering this was a a weekend and nothing was opened. Robin husband was even willing to come back after hours and look at my car to see if they could help me , this staff is so caring of their guest that I cannot express my gratitude for these people It wasn't just me they treat all their guest this way we enjoyed our stay so much we stayed 3 days and will never stay anywhere else when in this area again, they are remodeling and painting the hotel but the customer - guest relationship makes up for all this you don't care , I really cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel and I do not write reviews period

Room Tip: Stay no where else clean everywhere even parking lot was spotless
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Natalie223, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

We are very pleased that we could help you in your time of need.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My stay at the Kearney Comfort Inn was excellent. This is the second time that I have stayed here and I will stay here again. The staff are pleasant and the accommodations are very clean. The breakfast was delicious. The staff knows the area well and gave me great directions to local attractions as well as restaurants to feast at.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all floors and found them all clean and tidy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very courteous and helpful. Very Clean. Pool was excellent and Breakfast was wonderful. Easy off easy on for highway access. I would stay there again when in the area. Gave us directions to an excellent Mexican eating place that I would also recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Natalie223, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was with a tour group and we arrived at this hotel late in the evening and left first thing in the morning. The bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked but the hotel room was more than adequate and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was just fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank loveagoodfind
Natalie223, Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We always enjoy having your group stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a good stay, but I am sorry the bed was not to your liking.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staff was very helpful. I was very satisfied with my room. I am a Diamond elite member of ChoicePriviledges, so my upgrades were very good. They appear to be in a remodeling process. The site is very handy for me just outside of Kansas City.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GregT755

Thank you for your patronage. I am happy to hear our Guest Service Agent acknowledged your Diamond Elite status and gave you an upgrade. We are very privileged that you choose Choice Hotels for your lodging needs. Here at Comfort Inn we work hard to give our guests the best stay possible and a little extra to our Elite members.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our room was clean but the chairs were worn and had holes in them. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were old and had no fluff at all. The pool was too cold to swim but the hot tub was nice. The pool area was clean and they did have plenty of towels. The lobby and vending areas were clean and everything worked well. We used the washer and dryer and both worked well. The staff was very helpful. They bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we wanted.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are much better then the first floor rooms. I'm not sure why but...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Natalie223, Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your enlightening response. It is always nice to hear that our housekeepers are doing a great job keeping our hotel clean. I know our pillows are getting worn, but we will be ordering new pillows very soon. I am happy to hear the bed was comfortable and our staff was very friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again soon.

Natalie
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
#3 of 4 in Kearney
The Elms Hotel and Spa
The Elms Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Excelsior Springs

Been to Comfort Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!