“Pretty filthy”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Overland Park, Kansas
“Pretty filthy”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for New Years Eve while attending a family event in Kearney. There are not many options in this town, but the reviews seemed positive. I have never stayed at a Quality Inn, but stay at Comfort 4-5 times per year. The hotel is small, but generally quiet as the rooms don not face the highway. The hotel has seen its age and seems to be a converted Best Western, as that is what the wi-fi name indicated. The problem was the room (110) was quite dirty. The towels had spots and are VERY cheap. The tub had hair in it, the bathroom light flickering out, and the floor was very dirty...although the dark green color hid it. The fridge barely worked, so I took food and drink to my car to chill in the 25 degree temps. There is a decent flat screen wall mounted TV. Outlets for plug ins are scarce, so beware business travelers and those families with multiple I-products. Front desk clerk was pleasant. And I guess for $55, I probably should not complain much, but I do expect a clean room that does not leave an ongoing impression that others were just sleeping there. Not recommended--

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KansasCityGuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 November 2012

New hotel, clean and has everything. Recliner, desk chair, refridge, microwave, coffee pot, flat screen TV. Comfortable bed and good pillows. Absolutly no complaints. Close to several places to eat. Staff was welcoming and eager to please.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Doug S
Mikey B, Manager at Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank You for your kind review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We strive to make sure our guests feel comfortable while staying with us.
I will pass on your kind words to the entire staff and we hope to see you again.
Your Freinds at Quality Inn
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

I m on the road most of the time and stay in Kearney so many time so I try this one thus time and I wasn't happy at all. Looks like it the hotel has some new management came in.and the breakfast was good but it was not refill.some of the stuff was empty. The lady at the desk doing both at same time breakfast and desk.not a good experience of my stay.i will go to my old hotel were I use to stay in this town.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank joe s
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We spent the evening of October 26 at the Quality Inn. Very clean rooms and friendly/helpful staff. Excellent breakfast, but the dining area is a bit small. Will definitely stay there again when we pass through.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank phreddymac
Mikey B, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words.
I am pleased that you were happy with our rooms and staff. We strive to make all
of our guests feel comfortable and at home.
We hope to see you again.
Thank you for your business.
Oregon
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The staff is extremely friendly, clean motel and great morning breakfast..you can't ask for more for the price. Best value, will definitely stay there again should our travels bring us to MO. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Lilybeaz56
Mikey B, Manager at Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad that we were able to help you beat the blistering heat this summer. I will pass on you kind remarks to each member of our staff. Thank you for giving us a try and we look forward to seeing you again
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The hotel is right off the highway, but I never noticed the noise and slept well. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and the price is reasonable. The hotel is convenient to restaurants and local. The breakfast is typical (cold & hot cereal, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, bananas, apples, coffee, juice), but filling. I would stay here again and recommend friends traveling through earney,Mo to stay here.

Room Tip: comfortable and clean
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank abby h

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for the last 3 years for the Jesse James Festival, and in that time I have noticed numerous changes for the better. New beds, new flat screen tv's, new wifi and a new breakfast area. The staff is as helpful and friendly as I have ever experienced, Margie will go above and beyond to make you comfortable and welcome.
The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is more than adequate and very good. The pool is great to relax in and it's heated.
The easy access from I-35 makes this the logical hotel to stay in since you have to drive a bit into town to get to the others.
All in All this is the BEST hotel in Kearney, with eating places within walking distance, easy access, clean and comfortable rooms why would anyone stay anywhere else.
Great job Quality Inn and Thank You for the fun we have had.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Tom B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Comfort Inn Kearney
#2 of 108 in Kansas City
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun

Been to Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty? Share your experiences!