“An acceptable place to stay”

Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Elizabeth, Illinois
“An acceptable place to stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our first time at a Quality Inn, so we didn't quite know what to expect from the chain. For our AAA rate of $67 (tax included), we got a clean room with the basics, a comfortable bed, refreshing shower head, adequate complimentary breakfast, and friendly, helpful staff. Location was also good. Though it was meant to be helpful, I got a chuckle out of the bathtub faucet/shower demonstration at check-in. There were a few minor cosmetic issues in the room that perhaps made it feel less clean than it actually was; and I thought I detected a faint odor (pets?) as we entered the room. I forgot my toothbrush & toothpaste, and they kindly gave me spares, which I appreciated. We didn't use the pool, but it seemed clean, and the kids using it when we arrived seemed to be enjoying it. Our two-bed room was at the end of the first floor. There weren't very many people staying there that night, so overall, it was quiet in the hallway and outside. However, the room directly above us was occupied. It sounded like the people were stomping back and forth across the floor and would at any minute end up crashing down into our room. Fortunately, they quieted down just as we went to bed, and the next morning we were awake and active before they were. When I checked out, I told the front desk about our wobbly luggage rack and a chair in the breakfast area that gave me sticky syrup fingers when I pulled it out from the table. She thanked me for bringing those to her attention. Overall, I would say this was an acceptable place to stay, though I'm not sure I would choose it at its full rate, if there were better-quality hotels in the area to choose from.

Room Tip: You might want to request a 2nd floor room, so there is no one above you that you will hear walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Nice stay, for the first weekend of summer. The room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly. The pool had a lot of chlorine though and my wife and granddaughter would have liked to swim a little more, but I suppose with ALL of the kids staying over the Memorial Day weekend maybe the extra chlorine was needed. We would stay here again, probably just a different week.

Stayed May 2014
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent one night here last week and had a great time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Our room was great with very comfortable beds, inroom frig, microwave, new flat screen TV. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was wonderful. Hot waffles. 4 different cereals. Sausage and biscuits. Juices. Coffee. Yogurt. Indoor pool was nice also.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WoodsBrother10
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2014

One night stay, and all I could ask for in a budget hotel. Clean room, great bed with great pillows and sheets, free breakfast in the morning. The pool seemed real small, but no big deal. I will stay at this property next time I am back in Kansas City.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank amorace
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the Jacuzzi suite at this hotel as I knew we would be stiff and sore from a long, long day on the road. The room was spacious and we planned a nice hot soak in the tub. When my husband turned on the water, lots of black, curly hair came floating to the surface. I was not about to clean the tub and we decided not to use the tub in the bathroom as it may have had the same kind of cleaning. We took a hot shower and left it at that. The shower curtain had mildew on the bottom corners. When checking out, I brought these things to the attention of the manager. She said that the Jacuzzi was supposed to be cleaned once a week and that she would bring the problems to the attention of housekeeping. We were charged for the price of a regular king room rather than a Jacuzzi suite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The room was very clean and the beds were very, very comfortable. The staff was very nice. If you have a lot of work to do on the internet, the internet service was slow but doable. The thing we struggled most with was that there was no elevator so we had to carry our bags up to the second floor. Not a big deal if you don't have much luggage and its not heavy but an elevator would definitely be helpful. Although the young man at the desk was very kind and gracious and offered to carry our luggage up the stairs for us. Had a light in the corner but no outlet for us to plug it in. Again, not a deal breaker.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the second year we have stayed at this hotel. Very friendly and genuine people running the hotel. The room was complete with refrigerator and microwave, beds were comfortable. We ate our dinner in the room and went to bed. We were on our way back from Arizona and had traveled many miles. Many snowbirds were parked there overnight heading back north for spring. Everyone was very friendly. The manager, even with being short handed help that morning, did double duty to keep the breakfast area stocked as well as check out the guests that wanted to get on the road. We were quite tired when we arrived so we didn't use anything but the beds, microwave. a nice hot shower and the breakfast area. The breakfast area/lounge was open for all guests to use at the hotel. It was raining hard the next morning, the hotel manager helped the guests get their belongings to their cars. We felt very satisfied with this hotel and the price was much better than we paid at another chain the night before, which left us feeling very let down.
Yes, we would stay at the Quality Inn in Kearney, MO again and probably will next year when we return from our winter in AZ.

Room Tip: We have stayed here twice and found both times the rooms were nice. We like to have a room that allo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Comfort Inn Kearney
#1 of 109 in Kansas City
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty

Been to Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty? Share your experiences!