“Quality Service”

Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Sure wish I could have stayed longer! I checked in at midnight and had to leave by 3:30 AM. Despite my short stay, my room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. After the long day I just had and the long day yet to come, this was very welcome! The best part was, when I checked out, the person who checked me in had put together a wrapped plate of several danishes and a banana since I wouldn't be around when they started serving breakfast. Talk about outstanding service! Hope to get to stay at this Quality Inn location again in the future when I have more time to enjoy the room!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a nice, clean, modern hotel not far off the expressway. My room was adequate. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The place is a little difficult to find, since you have to drive past it, turn at the next road, then turn into the driveway where there's no sign.
The problem was the staff and their concept of customer service. I asked if I could park my motorcycle where I could chain it to one of the posts near the entrance (it would not have been in anyone's way) I was told I had to park in a parking place. So I asked if I could move to a room on the parking lot side so I could see my motorcycle, and was told that all the rooms had been assigned and it would be too difficult to move me across the hall; I was one of the first people there that day and the rooms across the hall were still empty at that point.
My TV remote was broken and didn't work. I asked for a replacement, and that was done, but I got the feeling that it was a great inconvenience for the clerk to have to do that.
There's a large indoor pool. The water was cloudy; I think that may have been from too much chlorine.
Breakfast was supposed to start at 6 AM. The woman who was setting it up made it very clear that it would start when she was ready, and that she didn't appreciate me standing there waiting. It started 5 minutes late, which is 5 minutes of daylight with no miles ridden.
The parking lot is difficult if you are pulling a trailer. You can't drive through, and it's pretty tight to turn around.
There are eating places within walking distance. The clerk told me that one of the three places she gave me menus for was within walking distance, but didn't tell me that the other two were in the same place. She also didn't tell me about the terrain that made it difficult walking there.
The price was cheap. The place was pretty nice. The staff service ruined a lot of the stay, and I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There's a Comfort Inn on the other side of I-35.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our first time at a Quality Inn, so we didn't quite know what to expect from the chain. For our AAA rate of $67 (tax included), we got a clean room with the basics, a comfortable bed, refreshing shower head, adequate complimentary breakfast, and friendly, helpful staff. Location was also good. Though it was meant to be helpful, I got a chuckle out of the bathtub faucet/shower demonstration at check-in. There were a few minor cosmetic issues in the room that perhaps made it feel less clean than it actually was; and I thought I detected a faint odor (pets?) as we entered the room. I forgot my toothbrush & toothpaste, and they kindly gave me spares, which I appreciated. We didn't use the pool, but it seemed clean, and the kids using it when we arrived seemed to be enjoying it. Our two-bed room was at the end of the first floor. There weren't very many people staying there that night, so overall, it was quiet in the hallway and outside. However, the room directly above us was occupied. It sounded like the people were stomping back and forth across the floor and would at any minute end up crashing down into our room. Fortunately, they quieted down just as we went to bed, and the next morning we were awake and active before they were. When I checked out, I told the front desk about our wobbly luggage rack and a chair in the breakfast area that gave me sticky syrup fingers when I pulled it out from the table. She thanked me for bringing those to her attention. Overall, I would say this was an acceptable place to stay, though I'm not sure I would choose it at its full rate, if there were better-quality hotels in the area to choose from.

Room Tip: You might want to request a 2nd floor room, so there is no one above you that you will hear walking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Nice stay, for the first weekend of summer. The room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly. The pool had a lot of chlorine though and my wife and granddaughter would have liked to swim a little more, but I suppose with ALL of the kids staying over the Memorial Day weekend maybe the extra chlorine was needed. We would stay here again, probably just a different week.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent one night here last week and had a great time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Our room was great with very comfortable beds, inroom frig, microwave, new flat screen TV. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was wonderful. Hot waffles. 4 different cereals. Sausage and biscuits. Juices. Coffee. Yogurt. Indoor pool was nice also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WoodsBrother10
Reviewed 12 May 2014

One night stay, and all I could ask for in a budget hotel. Clean room, great bed with great pillows and sheets, free breakfast in the morning. The pool seemed real small, but no big deal. I will stay at this property next time I am back in Kansas City.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amorace
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the Jacuzzi suite at this hotel as I knew we would be stiff and sore from a long, long day on the road. The room was spacious and we planned a nice hot soak in the tub. When my husband turned on the water, lots of black, curly hair came floating to the surface. I was not about to clean the tub and we decided not to use the tub in the bathroom as it may have had the same kind of cleaning. We took a hot shower and left it at that. The shower curtain had mildew on the bottom corners. When checking out, I brought these things to the attention of the manager. She said that the Jacuzzi was supposed to be cleaned once a week and that she would bring the problems to the attention of housekeeping. We were charged for the price of a regular king room rather than a Jacuzzi suite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Comfort Inn Kearney
Super 8 Kearney/KC Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 4 in Kearney

Been to Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty? Share your experiences!