“Good and a Big Insult”

Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kimberling City
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Kimberling City Resort seems to be a step back in time. It appears to be a 50 year old resort that never quite took off. It has managed to survive, but not to boom. The same can be said about most of the stuff in Kimberling City. It is located close to Branson.
Every year a bridge tournament is held here in the off-season. I have attended the bridge tournament for a decade and always stay at this resort rather than down the highway. The resort makes this a convenient arrangement and it provides attractive off season rates. In 2012 a tornado destroyed the the motel portion of the resort and the old motel has been removed. This year I was moved into a one bedroom condo. The condo appears to have been recently refurbished with new furniture and carpeting. The condo has not been updated (no Wifi, but the cleanliness was excellent. The amenities around the condo are dated, but the weather, scenery, and lake are superb in late fall. Understand without the bridge tournament the resort is largely empty this time of year. With good rate I will probably stay here again.
Regarding the INSULT. When I registered at the Resort, I was told that I needed to sign a $250 breakage and rowdy behavior fee on my credit card. If everything was left in good shape an there no problems, this fee would not be processed on the card. Since I had to get to the tournament I had to sign. Needless to say there had better be no additional charges to my card. This policy was a complete surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank TOG11

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have never written a review on a resort before but felt I could not let this one pass. One bathroom had urine splashed on the bowl, the coffee pot still had coffee on it, the dishwasher door did not close properly, (you had to push it to one side to get it to close), and the bathroom door did not close without lifting up on it. I found the room very stale smelling, the mirror on the dresser had not been cleaned for awhile and the patio doors were smeary. When mowing, the grass was blown up onto the patio and not cleaned off so dead grass was in the track of the patio door which made it hard to move. The first night I asked for more towels so there would be enough for the week end for 5 people and maintainence did bring some. The next time I asked I was told to go to housekeeping. The sheets on my bed would not stay on the bed but when I told the front desk she just said, "oh." I did find housekeeping, got more towels and they did change the sheets that day. The second day I was to get housekeeping in my room they simply did not show up. When we got in that evening I called front desk and she sent someone with fresh towels but he didn't pick up the dirty ones so they laid in the floor of both bathrooms for two days. I will not stay here again because it is just "okay" and I can get a better room elsewhere for my money.

Room Tip: No in room iron or ironing board or hair dryer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Glenda H
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Dated, tired and run down. Not only is every bit of this "resort" in need of a face lift but the shopping area nearby is equally as needy.
It is located on the lake and that is lovely but from the rooms to the too small pool it is not a great place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PonyMimi
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Staff was very friendly & accommodating. Condo was clean, quiet, and a reasonable price for a weeks stay. Bed was comfortable. Restaurants that are listed on the website were not available. No Wi-Fi in the condo that we were in, had to sit in the lobby or use their computers. Great view of the lake. 30 minute drive from Branson.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We needed to have 3 two bedroom units for our family & and a boat slip on short notice. RCI put us here! I will admit we were pretty nervous because of the reviews I had read. We were pleasantly surprised. This is NOT a Gold Crown Resort, but remodeled. We had a beautiful view of the lake. The rooms are smaller, (because it's older) but we ate in our unit and there was 6 adults & 7 children. We got along fine. (there is a balcony next to kitchen.) We were in the 300 blg. We did not see any of the other rooms they have there & there is several other blgs.
As for the ones working there, they couldn't have been friendlier, and more helpful. In fact, our refrigerator wasn't working properly and they switched it out right then. We ask for a sweeper & hairdryer, they were prompt in bring them We had plenty of towels & washcloths.. We did not do any of the activities or use the pools. We were there for the lake.
Overall we had a very refreshing time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were picking our kids up from Kanakuk camp and decided to try to stay nearby. The room was dirty with cobwebs everywhere and a few bugs. We suggest you pick somewhere else. Both restaurants are closed. Very tired property.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

If your coming to Kimberling city Mo. Kimberling in is a nice place to stay its close enough to walk to lake food and the bar it's a short 20mins from Branson and a 5min drive to boat rentals if you need a boat,,,down fall is there is only one dock so if you need a slip there's only 20 so not always available, just to say its not the hotels fault there were 3 docks 2 were taken out by a tornado a few yrs back, so with that said rooms are clean there is a pool close to everything you could need overall nice place to stay

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberling City
Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort
Port of Kimberling Marina & Reso...
#1 of 8 in Kimberling City
Golden Arrow Resort
Golden Arrow Resort
#38 of 133 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling? Share your experiences!