Schooner Creek Resort
Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort(Kimberling City)(Great Value!)
US$92
Green Valley Resort(Branson West)(Great Value!)
US$145
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent a weekend here with my family and really enjoyed it! The décor is a little outdated but it was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The access to the lake is literally out your back door. The pool is clean and HUGE and so nice to relax in after a day on the water. And the drive into Branson is only 20 miles away! I enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back! It's a great place for the family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

My husband, mom & I stayed at this resort over the weekend & it was great! It's RIGHT on the lake & the view we had was gorgeous. They have a great pool to enjoy, the kids there were having a blast. The rooms are kind of rustic, but very clean overall. The owners were very polite to us, as we were to them. Although we don't have a boat, we went down to the dock & it was clean also. Another huge plus was the distance to Branson, it was only about a 20 minute drive into town! I read a lot the bad reviews, but having gone there myself, I would have to disagree. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly & I had a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

It was like someplace where Chevy Chase would end up staying in one of the "Vacation" movies. Everything was old and in a sad state of repair and the window air conditioner which we were assured cooled the whole unit barely cooled the room it was in. The furnishings appeared to be from a yard sale or maybe even a dump. We chose this place for location and should have read the reviews first. Looking back, I would have stayed another 20 miles from where we needed to be rather than stay here again. It did, however, have a wonderful swimming pool, which got a lot of use since the air conditioning was so pathetic.

Room Tip: Only get a unit with CENTRAL air and only if it is not going to be too hot during your visit. A hot room makes for a poor night's sleep and cranky people the next day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cw3ldp
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This "resort" is no resort. It's probably fine for a fisherman who just wants a place to flop at the end of a long day on the water, but I'd recommend bringing your own sheets and towels because theirs are old, thread-bare and awful. They advertise kitchens with dishes but there were no cooking utensils...only a few forks, spoons and knives...and the one pot we had was missing a handle. A run to Walmart in the next town was definitely required. The units are old, extremely dirty and the broken down couch reeked of urine. I thought I had dropped something near the head of the bed and when I moved the bed to retrieve it, i found huge dust balls, trash, and an empty liquor bottle. I cringe to think about what I inhaled in that room while sleeping. The rooms are tiny, but the management should move the bed and vacuum under it once in a while! The front door lock barely worked, and the slider door handle and lock were loose and barely worked. We screwed the lock on tighter so we had some amount of security for ourselves.

The managers were nice enough but we didn't ask for anything special or extra.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I liked, and I won't be staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KCtraveler63
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Two other fishing buddies and myself rented a solo cabin last weekend. It was priced at $149.00 a nite as an off season deal. It should have been priced at $49.00 a nite during prime time! Old, old, old...Unkept! An old water heater and broken pallet greeted us at our unit at check in . Empty salt and pepper shakers with an empty tin can for ambience on the stove for decoration. Filty pots and pans with limited dish's all had to be washed before using any of them, we went to Dollar General and bought our own! Warn out towls in bath (Flea Mkt. quality.) Filthy carpets, in short, the whole place needs a total renovation. Owner said they have owned the resort for 16 years. Other than some exterior painting on the buildings and installing a decent swimming pool and some cheap BBQ grills, my 40 years of remodeling and construction experience tells me that very little else has been done since they have owned it. Boat dock has been empty for years, old boats belonging to the owner is the only thing it is used for. Not even a faucet handel on fish cleaning area...no need, nobody was around their but us doing any fishing! You would be better off pitching a tent in one of the local camp grounds then staying at this place. The camp grounds in the area are by far more senic, cleaner and more modern. Out of all the units at the resort, only two were occupied and after paying the required up front total rental for 3 days, our group left after the second night. Maybe they could use the fee for the third night to pay somebody to fix up the place, buy some new linens or at least clean the carpets. Bad, Overpriced and definately keep your shoes on inside the room. Nasty!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends