“Just like a studio apartment....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bugdet Host Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kirksville
Des Moines, Iowa
“Just like a studio apartment....”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

For the price you pay it is a very good hotel. We stayed there for the whole month of July and they did everything they could to accommodate us. We had a room with a frig, microwave and hot plate, was just like a studio apartment.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tacowilliep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mercer, Missouri
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is hands down the worst I have ever been in. Upon Check in, i immediately noticed the dirty mirrors, the carpet needed vaccumed, TV didnt work right, and worst of all the bed was so bad, the springs were almost going through the bed. Spend a little more and go somewhere else instead!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Mike64661

Travellers are raving about these Kirksville hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 December 2011

i stayed at the budget host over thanksgiving. my room was very clean and quiet which really suprised me considering how busy it was during the holiday. the staff was knowledgeable about local resturants and attractions and the hotel is in a great location...there is a convienence store and multiple fast food resturance within 2 minutes walking distance. the cleaning staff was efficient and very polite which was helpful because i really would have rather been at home for the holidays. i would deffinately recommend this hotel for anyone. they were just really nice and that goes a long way in my book!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 November 2011

i found the staff courteous and helpful. the motel is located convenient to eating, shopping, and entertainment. rooms are clean, and a nice vending machine area

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ottumwa
Reviewed 27 November 2011

nice clean rooms for the price. very friendly staff. great location restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed 6 November 2011

When arriving at this hotel as a mid sized group on a work related trip during hunting season when no other rooms in town were available, we were given a decent rate and room. Upon entering the room we stepped back into the lively year of 1979. In addition to this there were no toiletries whatsoever, not even hand soap. The refridgerator was broken, as well as one of the lights. Water damage, and ciggarette burns throughout the room. The cleaning service rarely cleaned anything but was sure to lift anything they could out of the room.
We stayed because there was nowhere else to go.
So a few days later, we were told by management that we needed to move due to them having existing reservations coming in.
When we did, oh help us all. The floor in the bathroom was mildewy and soggy. The second room was worse than the first. I dont even know what to say. This was the single worst hotel room I have ever seen in my life. I cannot believe the Department of Health allows this location to remain in bussiness.
So at this point I finally went to management wanting to resolve my issues. I think the management here has possibly been hit by lightning. This man had the nerve to yell at me about my attitude. Horrible. Having already paid and with nowhere else to go, I returned to the room. What I returned to was a bloody drug fight outside the room nextdoor.
Let this sink in........
NEVER STAY HERE. PLEASE.
I travel alot and have never had anything like this happen, save yourself the headache. There is an Americas best value Inn, much better. Also check out Longbranch Steakhouse, top notch food.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank a_butterfield
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here because we switched reservations at the last minute. Do not stay here! I cannot understand why they don't even try to clean the place. We shuddered all night thinking about bedbugs.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Dan W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in La Plata
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#5 of 6 in Kirksville

Been to Bugdet Host Village Inn? Share your experiences!